• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason 2014 |OT2| - It's only one week, deal with no new content!

Bread

Banned
Without Vince Wilfork, Tommy Kelly, Jerod Mayo, Aqib Talib, Rob Gronkowski, Aaron Dobson, and Sebastian Vollmer, the Patriots looked bad compared to the Broncos, one of the best teams in NFL history, in the AFC championship game. Yes, that's accurate. Does that make them a bad team, or even a declining team? No. Does it make them worse than the Eagles? No, it has literally zero to do with the Eagles.
Stop making excuses bro the Pats lost fair and square!!!

jakncoke

Banned
Alex Kozora ‏@Alex_Kozora 3h
Tomlin calls Darrius Heyward-Bey's ability to play special teams "attractive." #Steelers

DHB might make the 53 after all?

Patriots7

They did but I felt like we finally saw some real cracks. They didnt look like the even belonged on the same field as the Broncos. I am just hoping that the rest of their division finally gets their act together and it isnt just the Pats invitational again.
Real cracks?
You saw a pats team with lack of experience on offense and massive injuries on defense make it to the AFCCG, and really only begin to unravel once Talib once again went off with a boo-boo?
That was the beginning of the end?

Without Vince Wilfork, Tommy Kelly, Jerod Mayo, Aqib Talib, Rob Gronkowski, Aaron Dobson, and Sebastian Vollmer, the Patriots looked bad compared to the Broncos, one of the best teams in NFL history, in the AFC championship game. Yes, that's accurate. Does that make them a bad team, or even a declining team? No. Does it make them worse than the Eagles? No, it has literally zero to do with the Eagles.

I thought you wernt going to reply to me seriously?

Real cracks?
You saw a pats team with lack of experience on offense and massive injuries on defense make it to the AFCCG, and really only begin to unravel once Talib once again went off with a boo-boo?
That was the beginning of the end?

Hopefully.

MechDX

They did but I felt like we finally saw some real cracks. They didnt look like the even belonged on the same field as the Broncos. I am just hoping that the rest of their division finally gets their act together and it isnt just the Pats invitational again.

Don't see it happening anytime soon until the rest of the division gets their heads out of their asses.

This coming from a guy who is tired of Brady vs Manning 74 or whatever number they are on

Colasante

Belichick on Mankins: "Logan Mankins is everything we would ever want in a football player. It is hard to imagine a better player at his position, a tougher competitor or a person to represent our program. He is one of the all-time great Patriots and the best guard I ever coached. Logan brought a quiet but unmistakable presence and leadership that will be impossible to duplicate. Unfortunately, this is the time of year when difficult decisions have to be made - and this is one of the most difficult we will ever make - but like every other decision it was made for what we feel is in the best interests of the team."

tom-brady-crying-o.gif

jbug617

Banned
Belichick on Mankins: "Logan Mankins is everything we would ever want in a football player. It is hard to imagine a better player at his position, a tougher competitor or a person to represent our program. He is one of the all-time great Patriots and the best guard I ever coached. Logan brought a quiet but unmistakable presence and leadership that will be impossible to duplicate. Unfortunately, this is the time of year when difficult decisions have to be made - and this is one of the most difficult we will ever make - but like every other decision it was made for what we feel is in the best interests of the team."

tom-brady-crying-o.gif

Pats have the cap space they just didn't think he was worth the money.

manfestival

tom-brady-crying-o.gif

Reading this brings me great joy. SUCH A JOYOUS OCCASION. SCREW YOU CARL NICKS

Dragon

Banned
In 2014, Patriots save $5.755 million, have $4.25 million in dead money.
In 2015, Patriots save $7 million, have $4 million in dead money.
In 2016, Patriots save $7 million, have no dead money.

Revis, McCourty, and Solder all have extensions coming up. That $7 million will go a long way.

That's still 8 million dollars in dead money for a player not on the team :/. It sucks!

RELAYER

Banned
Hey guys I'm new here and I'm from the UK, I've always enjoyed watching the Super Bowl so I decided this year I'm going to follow the season and see if I can start to understand the game better. I've always enjoyed the games I've watched so I just thought I'd post in here as I'll most likely have many questions over the season and it looks like fun :)

Choose Falcons.

They're on Hard Knocks this year so you could watch that and get acquainted with the team and the game. They also play a game in London this year which maybe you could go to in person who knows.

Also, their quarterback is Matt Ryan, who as you can clearly see has two first names. TWO.
We also have the most hilarious, weird touchdown celebration dance in league history.

Being a Falcons fan is great. No other fans in the league suffer in quite the same exquisite way that Falcons fans do. Our suffering is....poetic.

Dragon

Banned
8 million in dead money or 27 in money tied up to a player not performing well enough to earn even half of that?

Pretty easy decision.

Perhaps but I can't help but be annoyed at the signing then in the first place. The Patriots get praised for most of their moves but this one is puzzling to me with their line play being iffy.

$27m will buy Kraft's whore a lot of acting lessons.

Do you need a timeout bro?

Salt is strong, yankee what would your kid in the future think if she read such a potty mouth you had!

Oh dont you worry about her hating the Pats. I have already been explaining these important matters to her. Hopefully her first sentence will be fuck the Pats.

Do you need a timeout bro?

No I am having a great day. It is usually the Eagles making shitty moves like this so it is nice to see it happening to a team I hate for once.

MRSA

Banned
Alex Kozora ‏@Alex_Kozora 3h
Tomlin calls Darrius Heyward-Bey's ability to play special teams "attractive." #Steelers

DHB might make the 53 after all?

In the NFL, if you can play special teams, you can have a roster spot. Especially if you're 6'2 215lbs and can run a 4.3 forty. I always liked DHB even though he couldn't catch worth a damn. He came to work and worked his ass off everyday in practice.

Duxxy3

So it looks like the entire left side of our line sucked ass last year. Solder was one of the worst at giving up sacks, wendell was the worst, and mankins was up there.

A lot of that is probably because they pass so much though.

Hey guys I'm new here and I'm from the UK, I've always enjoyed watching the Super Bowl so I decided this year I'm going to follow the season and see if I can start to understand the game better. I've always enjoyed the games I've watched so I just thought I'd post in here as I'll most likely have many questions over the season and it looks like fun :)

Choose the Vikings. Were fun but mediocre with lots of talent. Potential to get a lot better.

Get on the bandwagon!

Narag

Can't wait to see Belichick's goodbye letter to Brady when they ship him to Cleveland for Haden and Gordon next year.

Godslay

Banned

You act like the Broncos were perfectly healthy.

Von Miller, Chris Harris, Kevin Vickerson, Ryan Clady, Raheem Moore, Derek Wolfe were all injured for the AFC Championship.

Not to mention a hobbled Champ Bailey, an old ass LB who I can't even remember his name who played in the XFL, and backups who all are pretty much gone held Brady in check.

Pot Roast, Irving, and Trevathan are all that remain from that starting squad iirc.

Now it could have been a bad game by the Pats, or the injuries, but they looked real bad that day facing a depleted defense. Cant really use the injury excuse when key players on both sides were gone.

cajunator

Banned
Basically it is just hope, but for some reason it does seem like teams bringing in big name players doesnt work out.

Saints did it and ended up winning a SB.
of course they also used corners off the street in the game against the Pats because sometimes thats enough. I think it was an ex Raven Mcallister and old man McKenzie in that game.

Hunter S.

Von Miller, Chris Harris, Kevin Vickerson, Ryan Clady, Raheem Moore, Derek Wolfe were all injured for the AFC Championship.

Not to mention a hobbled Champ Bailey, an old ass LB who I can't even remember his name who played in the XFL, and backups who all are pretty much gone held Brady in check.

Pot Roast, Irving, and Trevathan are all that remain from that starting squad iirc.

Now it could have been a bad game by the Pats, or the injuries, but they looked real bad that day facing a depleted defense. Cant really use the injury excuse when key players on both sides were gone.

Impressive post Slayer!¡!¡!

If we can get to Brady we have a shot week 1
My biggest concerns:

1. Growing pains of the offense manifested in ways such as snapping to Tannehill when he isn't ready or Tannehill throwing an idiotic INT because he wasn't on the same page as his WR's. Basically classic "lolphins" stuff happening where they beat themselves.

2. Covering Gronk. Who is going to do this? Delmas? Any of the LB's? I can see him eating us alive.

jakncoke

Banned
Steelers Depot @Steelersdepot · 28s
The #Steelers have released OL Chris Elkins and Emmanuel McCray, DL Hebron Fangupo and Brian Arnfelt, LS Luke Ingram and RB Tauren Poole.

Get us to 75

The Patriots lost more key players though.

My biggest concerns:

1. Growing pains of the offense manifested in ways such as snapping to Tannehill when he isn't ready or Tannehill throwing an idiotic INT because he wasn't on the same page as his WR's. Basically classic "lolphins" stuff happening where they beat themselves.

2. Covering Gronk. Who is going to do this? Delmas? Any of the LB's? I can see him eating us alive.

#1 seems to be a concern every season.. :/

#2...Is he cleared to play? Because if he is...fuck.

Top Bottom