• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp 2014 |OT| - This is our year!

TheFatOne

Pats fans Pats are practicing against the Redskins right now.

Dianna Marie Russini @NBCdianna · 2m
DJax smothered by Revis...he then just stepped off. Missed a rep. Now back in #Redskins #Patriots
Hype level 9000

@AdamSchefter 1m
From me and Adam Caplan:
Cincinnati and Bengals QB Andy Dalton reached agreement on a 6-year, $115 million contract, per two sources.

Crisco

Banned
DIDB7.St.138.jpeg

Pimpwerx

@AdamSchefter 1m
From me and Adam Caplan:
Cincinnati and Bengals QB Andy Dalton reached agreement on a 6-year, $115 million contract, per two sources.
Wait...what? They pay game managers that kind of money? Every other skill position on the field should feel disrespected. He isn't worth half that, and I don't think I'm being hyperbolic. PEACE.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
@AdamSchefter 1m
From me and Adam Caplan:

Contract details should be interesting.

I'm not sure if he's necessarily worth more per year than Cutler (who has a bloated contract as is) but I imagine it's back end loaded with nothing guaranteed past the first three years anyway.

eznark

Banned
LET'S ALL FREAK OUT ABOUT A CONTRACT THAT PROBABLY HAS LIKE ALMOST NO GUARANTEED MONEY AND LOL AT THE BENGALS

Remember how crippling and stupid the McNabb contract was! Jesus you people never learn.

Dragon

Banned
LET'S ALL FREAK OUT ABOUT A CONTRACT THAT PROBABLY HAS LIKE ALMOST NO GUARANTEED MONEY AND LOL AT THE BENGALS

Remember how crippling and stupid the McNabb contract was! Jesus you people never learn.

I would be upset too if I was a fan of a team that paid a mediocre QB that much money.

Flacco's contract is going to end up being cheap in hindsight.

This is why stuff like Dalton's extension and Smith's almost-definite extension now will always be funny. The one contract that everybody made fun of, but the one contract that was sane (everybody else, those teams don't make the playoffs without; Flacco, the team doesn't win the Super Bowl or half those playoff games without)

eznark

Banned
This is why stuff like Dalton's extension and Smith's almost-definite extension now will always be funny. The one contract that everybody made fun of, but the one contract that was sane (everybody else, those teams don't make the playoffs without; Flacco, the team doesn't win the Super Bowl or half those playoff games without)

The Flacco deal only looks good if Dalton gets close to that $53m guaranteed. That was the ludicrous part of the deal, not the fictitious total dollar amount.

dionysus

Yaldog
The Flacco deal only looks good if Dalton gets close to that $53m guaranteed. That was the ludicrous part of the deal, not the fictitious total dollar amount.

I get what you are saying, but the price/year is important too because paying that much for average play hurts the team that year. Dead guaranteed money is obviously worse, but a contract can still hurt the team if the guy is on the team.

eznark

Banned
^ lol no. The average has nothing to do with his impact on team finances, only the cap number does.

This works both ways though. If you don't know the details you can't play it down either. You're just assuming!

Yeah, Mike Brown has totally been known to just throw money around. It's always smart to assume he pulled a Schneider what with his free wheeling ways.

Pimpwerx

You mean Anquan Boldin. Flacco owes his big contract to Boldin. Dalton owes his to his receivers too. I feel a lot of these qbs are benefiting from the Aaron Rodgers and Peyton's of the world. The elite qbs are worth a king's ransom. Dalton, Flacco and others aren't even the best skill players on their teams, so don't deserve the biggest contracts. Flacco and Dalton are stealing money. Is Alex Smith going to make serious bank now? PEACE.

eznark

Banned
If the Bengals are smart they actually gave him all of his guaranteed money today. They have $22m in cap space. If he got more than $30m guaranteed they are dumb as shit.

Dragon

Banned
Yeah, Mike Brown has totally been known to just throw money around. It's always smart to assume he pulled a Schneider what with his free wheeling ways.

It's smart to wait for the actual numbers instead of decrying people for reacting when you're doing the same exact thing.

eznark

Banned
It's smart to wait for the actual numbers instead of decrying people for reacting when you're doing the same exact thing.

I'm not assuming anything, have said repeatedly if they gave him a ton of guaranteed money it was stupid. I am shitting on people for refusing to recognize that NFL total dollar amounts are completely meaningless.

Laughing at the Bengals right now is dumb. Laughing at the people laughing at the Bengals is great!

Colasante

Like Eznark said, I'm sure this will be more team-friendly than the initial estimates suggest. Ultimately, the Bengals had no choice. They have a stacked team and can't afford to start over again with a rookie quarterback. They're not about to let Dalton walk after this season and hand the reins to AJ McCarron. You've gotta pay the QB.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Another thing to point out is that the Bengals aren't stupid and know that AJ Green has to get paid too. There's literally zero chance that they made this deal without accounting for Green's contract.

I'm not assuming anything, have said repeatedly if they gave him a ton of guaranteed money it was stupid. I am shitting on people for refusing to recognize that NFL total dollar amounts are completely meaningless.

Laughing at the Bengals right now is dumb. Laughing at the people laughing at the Bengals is great!

Is it okay to laugh at the Bengals in your opinion for extending a person 6 years for getting no playoff wins, like everybody else in their franchise for the last 23 years

Because I am doing that, and so are others, and that's not dumb

Top Bottom