• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp 2014 |OT| - This is our year!

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Too bad the Sheiky Baby doesn't write those.....

So how will they handle preseason in three years with the London team?

You mean in three years when there's only two preseason games anyway and we're dealing with an 18 game schedule? It shouldn't be too terrible. The real solution is the NFL shelling out for some mothballed Concorde jets....which may be way too pricey considering the cost of owning unique aircraft like those.

DUTCH!!!!!

The media spin is beginning. Brady's end is nigh.

Best 2013 Andy Dalton moment was of course:

wakesack.gif

TheFatOne

Ryan Mallett continued to struggle badly with consistency. He made one sharp touch pass on a sideline pattern to Shane Vereen and an accurate pass over the middle to Justin Jones, but he threw two interceptions and overthrew Brandon LaFell on two other passes.
Michael Giardi @MikeGiardi · 17m
Just laughed at report that Mallett "popped" today. He was schizo at best. Picked a couple times. Multiple INCs in 11 on 11. #Patriotstalk
Like I said don't get too excited over what Mayock is saying.

In other news
Michael Giardi @MikeGiardi · 21m
FWIW, Revis gave up one catch to DeSean Jackson that I saw. That was it, at least when I was watching. #PatriotsTalk
'
Hype level 9000. Also, big Vince has looked great so far. He shed some weight in the off season, and by all reports he looks awesome. Great news.

According to the New York Daily News' Seth Walder, Jets sixth-round QB Tajh Boyd is "looking like a draft mistake."
"[Boyd] brings virtually nothing to the field," writes Walder. Boyd is getting few reps behind Geno Smith, Michael Vick, and Matt Simms, and has managed to throw "at least" six interceptions in camp. He was surrounded by big-time talent at Clemson. While Boyd has athleticism, his mechanics and ball placement are glaring holes to his game. Boyd may be headed to the practice squad.
Source: New York Daily News
Yikes for Boyd.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=863092.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both fewer than five posts in this thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Giana Sisters Twisted Dreams -- MB-AB980020D175C6F2 - Taken by Dutch Patriot. 1 entrants total.
Guess what. Dutch is going to lose again in the shirtless league
Guise Of The Wolf -- MB-F96A5FE96F0320A5 - Taken by bronson
Also Freeman is Fat

t1407181298z1.png

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I wish the real season was starting soon.

Didn't the stat junkies crunch the numbers and found zero correlation between preseason/practice and game time performance? That's what always tempers any interpretation I have from all these reports.

Take DJax "beating" Revis on one pass out of however many for instance. Were they playing 100% or going at about 85-90% because who cares what happens and they want to avoid injuries?

BigAT

Can you really make a 6th round mistake though? That's perfectly fine if this guy doesn't pan out. The investment was basically nothing.

Agreed. It's sixth round draft pick, more often than not (especially with quarterbacks taken that late) they don't turn into anything. Boyd just happens to be a big name.

He was a practice squad player for a pick we couldn't trade.

Wouldn't read too much into him.

What is up with Vick getting so few reps? NFLN said he only got 3 reps with the ones the other day, and that Geno has gotten most of the reps so far. I thought that they were going to have an open competition.

Fox318

What is up with Vick getting so few reps? NFLN said he only got 3 reps with the ones the other day, and that Geno has gotten most of the reps so far. I thought that they were going to have an open competition.

They have not said at all it was going to be open.

Only way Vick can win the job is if he puts up insane numbers in preseason games and Geno gets injured.

Plus Rex knows how to keep vets healthy.

gutshot

Modbot's post reminds me, I won Rock of Ages but didn't realize it was PC only. Does anyone want it? First person to PM me gets the key.

EDIT: And it's gone.

They have not said at all it was going to be open.

Only way Vick can win the job is if he puts up insane numbers in preseason games and Geno gets injured.

Plus Rex knows how to keep vets healthy.

Man Vick should have just stayed in Philly if he was stuck as a backup either way.

Seanspeed

Banned
Like I said don't get too excited over what Mayock is saying.

In other news
'
Hype level 9000. Also, big Vince has looked great so far. He shed some weight in the off season, and by all reports he looks awesome. Great news.
How about Mayo?

And is Boyce healthy?

Also

Hit of the game. Good to be back to football season. :)

Pepiope

If Foles gets hurt for a few games who would you rather have, Vick or Buttfumble?
I'm pulling for Barkley to eventually become the #2.

Either way, if Foles goes down then the Eagles are in trouble whether it's Vick, Sanchez, or Barkley in the game. So it's better to not pay for/deal with the drama that is Mike Vick.

effzee

I'm pulling for Barkley to eventually become the #2.

Either way, if Foles goes down then the Eagles are in trouble whether it's Vick, Sanchez, or Barkley in the game. So it's better to not pay/deal with the drama that is Mike Vick.

Wrong. Vick can win you games easy. Barkley and Sanchez can't.

I'd much rather have Vick. That was another out of like 2-3 real puzzling moves the Eaglee made this off season.

Pepiope

Wrong. Vick can win you games easy. Barkley and Sanchez can't.

I'd much rather have Vick. That was another out of like 2-3 real puzzling moves the Eaglee made this off season.
Vick has been horrendous in Philadelphia outside of a 10 game stretch in 2010. It's over, he's not good anymore and he's getting slower. Vick isn't exactly a student of the game, so when his athleticism goes, he becomes pretty worthless as a QB.

Barkley's currently doing worse than fucking Buttfumble. If Foles goes down, that's it for the Eagles' season realistically, regardless of whether you put it in the hands of Sanchez or Barkley.
Cool, so how many playoff games did we win with Vick that you have faith in his ability to continue to perform at a high level at the age of 34?

BigAT

Josina Anderson @JosinaAnderson
Breaking: Source. Giants doctors are shutting down RB David Wilson due to the neck injury that he sustained.

Definitely have to wonder if Wilson ever plays again. It's a sad and scary state of affairs.

Fox318

Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=863092.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both fewer than five posts in this thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Giana Sisters Twisted Dreams -- MB-AB980020D175C6F2 - Taken by Dutch Patriot. 1 entrants total.
Guess what. Dutch is going to lose again in the shirtless league
Guise Of The Wolf -- MB-F96A5FE96F0320A5 - Taken by bronson
Also Freeman is Fat

t1407181298z1.png
He has spoken

Are people under the impression that Dalton's contract is guaranteed or something? I assure you, if he walks away with $115 million, his play on the field in the regular and post-season would have to be so successful that nobody could begrudge the contract. My point being, unless he really excels with quantifiably successful results, he isn't earning close to $115 million.

But, we'll see. The reports for months were that they were looking for a contract similar to Kaeps.

Greg

Josina Anderson @JosinaAnderson
Breaking: Source. Giants doctors are shutting down RB David Wilson due to the neck injury that he sustained.

Definitely have to wonder if Wilson ever plays again. It's a sad and scary state of affairs.
:(

Top Bottom