• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp 2014 |OT| - This is our year!

Bread

Banned
whitexboxone_large_ve7yc1g.jpg

the GOAT controller is coming!!!!!!! fuck yes can't wait to grab one of those

Vick has been horrendous in Philadelphia outside of a 10 game stretch in 2010. It's over, he's not good anymore and he's getting slower. Vick isn't exactly a student of the game, so when his athleticism goes, he becomes pretty worthless as a QB.

Cool, so how many playoff games did we win with Vick that you have faith in his ability to continue to perform at a high level at the age of 34?

Oh, I'm not comparing it to Vick at all. I wouldn't want him starting for my team in 2014. The Jets are fucked with Geno or with Vick, doesn't matter. But the Eagles are fucked if their situation comes down to Sanchez or Barkley, and that's what I was getting at.

cashman

Banned
Josina Anderson @JosinaAnderson
Breaking: Source. Giants doctors are shutting down RB David Wilson due to the neck injury that he sustained.

Definitely have to wonder if Wilson ever plays again. It's a sad and scary state of affairs.

Isn't that the guy who cried after he fumbled against the Cowboys? Sucks for him I guess, not everybody has a place in the NFL. Maybe he can still go into soccer.

Pepiope

Oh, I'm not comparing it to Vick at all. I wouldn't want him starting for my team in 2014. The Jets are fucked with Geno or with Vick, doesn't matter. But the Eagles are fucked if their situation comes down to Sanchez or Barkley, and that's what I was getting at.
But we're fucked whether it's Vick, Sanchez, or Barkley.

The thing is Vick gets paid the most out of those 3, and he also has a blind following that believes he can do no wrong. So why bring that drama back to Philly when the team and coach has bought into Napoleon?

BigAT

More Wilson:

Ralph Vacchiano ‏@RVacchianoNYDN
It sounds like "shut down" for Wilson means at least this season. His future and career is still unclear, but he's expected to land on IR.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I'd probably get a Bone if it was $299 with a game packed in.

Since I already own a PS4, it takes a bit to justify buying a more underpowered console that has ~95% of the same titles.

Plus I might need to replace my 6970 at some point.

I can already hear ez and others telling me to upgrade my PC instead haha

Farooq

Banned
Any word on the guaranteed money with Dalton's contract?

Speaking about contracts, I have a question about Tyron Smith's deal. He signed an 8 year extension, I thought that because of his age, there is a good chance he could play out his deal(barring injury). Am I wrong?

gutshot

But we're fucked whether it's Vick, Sanchez, or Barkley.

The thing is Vick gets paid the most out of those 3, and he also has a blind following that believes he can do no wrong. So why bring that drama back to Philly when the team and coach has bought into Napoleon?

Pretty much agree with this.

Also to say it was a "mistake" by the Eagles not to bring Vick back is unfair. He wasn't going to come back because he wanted to go somewhere where he at least had a chance at starting. There was no way that was going to happen here. Foles is the unquestioned starter, even if he were to struggle mightily in the preseason. If Geno struggles, I could see the Jets making a switch, to give him more time to figure things out.

Last year I was able to watch Dolphins games because of the Madden Sunday Ticket deal. Am I screwed this year without DirecTV? Any good way to watch the games?

Josina Anderson @JosinaAnderson
Breaking: Source. Giants doctors are shutting down RB David Wilson due to the neck injury that he sustained.

Definitely have to wonder if Wilson ever plays again. It's a sad and scary state of affairs.

I feel the terrible for the guy. Good chance he never steps on a football field again. :(

cashman

Banned
Any word on the guaranteed money with Dalton's contract?

Speaking about contracts, I have a question about Tyron Smith's deal. He signed an 8 year extension, I thought that because of his age, there is a good chance he could play out his deal(barring injury). Am I wrong?

Yep he has a good chance to both play through all of it and be productive as well.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
nah, if there is cool integration with Sunday Ticket I'll probably get one too.

Huh, didn't expect that response from you. Then again I'm sort of surprised you don't already own one just because.

I am wondering how much longer my 6970 can hold out for though. I still play pretty much everything in 1920x1080 in excess of 30fps so I don't notice many issues. Apparently my 2500k is still good for a long while?

I'm also only gaming on a 32" LG tv these days with the PS4.

Plus there's the fact that all the joke posters here are Xboners...do I really want to be associated with them?

gutshot

Last year I was able to watch Dolphins games because of the Madden Sunday Ticket deal. Am I screwed this year without DirecTV? Any good way to watch the games?

You can use a Romanian VPN to sign up for NFL Gamepass for $120. The streaming on there is way better than Sunday Tickets and there are no local game blackouts.

You can get Sunday Ticket without DirecTV I believe? Wasn't that a big news story?

Some poster misinterpreted what has always been DirecTV's policy, which is if you live in a place where you can't get DirecTV, you can order the streaming only package. Most people don't qualify, although some people have had success just calling up and claiming that they can't get it. YMMV.

MRSA

Banned

If you have a friend that lives in an apartment you can have them sign up for the same Sunday Ticket thing online for $200.

effzee

Vick has been horrendous in Philadelphia outside of a 10 game stretch in 2010. It's over, he's not good anymore and he's getting slower. Vick isn't exactly a student of the game, so when his athleticism goes, he becomes pretty worthless as a QB.

The next two years he wasn't good but you are being dishonest if you are goin to pin everything on him for those failures.

Reid went full Reid or do you not remember that? How goof was our D? How healthy was our Oline? How was McCoy being utilized?

Vick's main problem is he can't stay healthy. But I didn't want him back to start. And if he is ok with backing up Geno, then he would have been great backing up Foles. I'd much rather have a veteran back up than Sanchez. You desire to have Sanchez over Vick shows your dislike of Vick more so than any logical conclusion.

Cool, so how many playoff games did we win with Vick that you have faith in his ability to continue to perform at a high level at the age of 34?

Just so we are clear we are talking about a back up having to step in for a few games right? Why in the world wouldn't you want Vick over butt fumble or Barkley? If Foles is out the year none of the guys get you anywhere but of the 3 Vick gives you the best chance. And especially if he has to step in for 2-3 games.

ShaneB

You can use a Romanian VPN to sign up for NFL Gamepass for $120. The streaming on there is way better than Sunday Tickets and there are no local game blackouts.

Some poster misinterpreted what has always been DirecTV's policy, which is if you live in a place where you can't get DirecTV, you can order the streaming only package. Most people don't qualify, although some people have had success just calling up and claiming that they can't get it. YMMV.

About DirecTv... ah ok. I see on the site now that it is indeed a whole bunch of wacky rules and stipulations.

Also... 120$ gamepass??? Buh?! Tell me more.

Top Bottom