• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp 2014 |OT| - This is our year!

Any of you guys playing last of us multiplayer regularly? I've been trying to get a game or two in here or there.

I finished my normal difficulty run and am in the middle of my Survivor run but I'd like to try the multi. If you see me on send me an invite. I warn you now though, I've never played it and will likely completely suck at it!

Mornin' Folks.

sharkcam%202.gif

dionysus

Yaldog
I haven't had to mow the lawn in a long time but for such a small yard it seems like such a waste to pay someone else to do it. Most of my neighbors get people in giant tractors to mow their lawns but fuck that. Not at my house.

Yeah I am leaning towards Honda but I was hoping someone here had some real world experience with something other than videogames and the least disgusting thing on the menu at Taco Bell. I figure one of you bastards must have a self propelled or even a push mower.

edit: I will saw that fuck electric mowers. May as well get one of those blades with no motors from the 1700s and push them around your lawn.

Buy something cheap with a recognized brand of engine. This isn't the 1970s, even dirt cheap lawnmowers will last forever. Avoid anything electric like the plague for yard work. Electric weed eaters, lawnmowers, etc. all suck.

If you are looking to bag your clippings the dirt cheap option might not be the best (cheap lawn mowers won't generate enough air flow to fill up the bag properly), but fuck why would you want to bag your clippings. It is better for the lawn to let them stay in the lawn.

I think I spent about $200 on a troy-built from lowes. Not a single issue after 4 years. Cranks on the first pull still.

Dragon

Banned
The only problem for me is I have a few friends that are always trying to get me to join to make a full four party team, haha. I would definitely be up for it if they aren't around one day, though!

Yeah I figured, I tried adding you on PSN but you left me in purgatory so I sent you a note that the Dolphins suck so you'd know I was from NFL GAF!

I finished my normal difficulty run and am in the middle of my Survivor run but I'd like to try the multi. If you see me on send me an invite. I warn you now though, I've never played it and will likely completely suck at it!

It's actually a lot easier when you work together. When you have players that lone wolf it, it becomes impossible because good teams move together.

bionic77

Buy something cheap with a recognized brand of engine. This isn't the 1970s, even dirt cheap lawnmowers will last forever. Avoid anything electric like the plague for yard work. Electric weed eaters, lawnmowers, etc. all suck.

If you are looking to bag your clippings the dirt cheap option might not be the best (cheap lawn mowers won't generate enough air flow to fill up the bag properly), but fuck why would you want to bag your clippings. It is better for the lawn to let them stay in the lawn.

I think I spent about $200 on a troy-built from lowes. Not a single issue after 4 years. Cranks on the first pull still.
What do you get from the $600 honda that you don't get in the $200 troy from Lowes?

I was also a little undecided on the clippings. It is better to keep them in the lawn but it is nice to not have the mess around the edges of your lawn.

dionysus

Yaldog
What do you get from the $600 honda that you don't get in the $200 troy from Lowes?

I was also a little undecided on the clippings. It is better to keep them in the lawn but it is nice to not have the mess around the edges of your lawn.

There will be some bell's and whistles that might be missing but the main thing is going to be power and thus the ability to fully fill and pack a bag. My cheap troy literally can only put about .5 sq. ft of grass in its bag before the passageway gets clogged, leaving 75% of the bag unfilled. I have a blower too so I just blow the clippings around the edge back into my lawn.

I'm hoping it's server side that's borked so they don't have to patch the game (there are plenty of weird gamma issues with the SP that should probably be patched first).

Supply Raid is my favorite too! We should try to get a game together, BG and Drakeon seem down too!
I'll play with you guys, I've just been concentrating on beating single player when I get on.

"@AbramsonPBP: Tannehill said some of his throws were just fractions of a second off today. He knew right away."

"@ArmandoSalguero: Ryan Tannehill said the Dolphins finished installing their offense today. It will take some time for his reactions to be instinctive."

I'm a little less worried...but still

You still enjoying the single player? How far in are you now?
I just made it to the University. I'm enjoying it quite a bit. It makes me feel like I'm in some kind of epic action film or tv show. Certain moments remind me of things that happened in the walking dead, but that's not bad!
Character spoilers for right before the Fall comes
Henry and Sam, damn saw Sams death coming but Henry caught me off guard haha

bionic77

There will be some bell's and whistles that might be missing but the main thing is going to be power and thus the ability to fully fill and pack a bag. My cheap troy literally can only put about .5 sq. ft of grass in its bag before the passageway gets clogged, leaving 75% of the bag unfilled. I have a blower too so I just blow the clippings around the edge back into my lawn.
Does yours mulch?

I assume that will be an upgrade to a more expensive mower and it is definitely something I would like to have.

Man time for another fucking trip to Home Depot.

eznark

Banned
Does yours mulch?

I assume that will be an upgrade to a more expensive mower and it is definitely something I would like to have.

Man time for another fucking trip to Home Depot.

Don;t you have any implement dealers near you? Go talk to them. A lot of them also sell self-propelleds and will be happy to help.

bionic77

Don;t you have any implement dealers near you? Go talk to them. A lot of them also sell self-propelleds and will be happy to help.
I am not even sure what an implements dealer is. Is that another word for a store that sells farming equipment and tractors?

And the internet has spoiled me. I always try to find out as much online as possible before I buy anything. Amazon reviews in particular are the best.

When rookie qb's made their first start.

BuSDQGFIgAAkKTL.jpg
Ben started the trend of starting them earlier!

BigAT

Anyone have any memory of a player ever being suspended for a training camp fight? I can't think of any off the top of my head.

Post-Incognito era in action?

eznark

Banned
Anyone have any memory of a player ever being suspended for a training camp fight? I can't think of any off the top of my head.

Ross Verba was suspended from on field activity for two days after he punched someone in the face. can't remember who. I think it was during the first day of pads too, and he was a rookie. He took the prison yard approach to training camp. What a mean fucker he was.

It's happened, Dolphins really cleaned up their locker room after last year, they aren't doing any hazing other then making rookies carry pads in, I've heard of nothing else.

Draxal

Ross Verba was suspended from on field activity for two days after he punched someone in the face. can't remember who. I think it was during the first day of pads too, and he was a rookie. He took the prison yard approach to training camp. What a mean fucker he was.

Shockey did the same thing back in the day, refused to sing Miami's fight song and got into a huge fight with Brandon Short.

Than again, Shockey's escapades around here are kinda legendary.

Short jumped Shockey; Shockey punched back. “I was ten, fifteen feet from where it started,” says Giants head coach Jim Fassel. “By the time I jumped on the pile and separated everybody, we had fists flying, bottles flying, tables being broken.” Fassel is downright gleeful at the memory. “Later, a lot of people were worried: ‘Oh, God, we can’t have this, it’s embarrassing.’ The NFL wanted to get involved, all their little deals as far as anger management. Unbelievable,” he says. “At the time, when the fight was going on, all I could think of was: My man is here. My man has arrived!”

Man, the NFL was just as bad as then apparently.

cdyhybrid

It's happened, Dolphins really cleaned up their locker room after last year, they aren't doing any hazing other then making rookies carry pads in, I've heard of nothing else.

This bullying is disgusting. I can't believe Goodell isn't doing anything about this. It's like they didn't learn their lesson after last year.

Dolphins fans wouldn't believe me when I kept saying that Tannehill sucked.
I don't think he sucks and I'm not convinced we've seen his full potential. I just think Andrew Luck is a lot better.

If Tannehill doesn't show improvement this season I will write him off for what he is; a mediocre QB that isn't taking anyone to the big dance.

Drakeon

I've been trying to play with some friends in the evenings but the matchmaking is awful right now. It's not uncommon for us to wait 20 minutes before we find a game. It seems to be a fairly common issue but it's weird because the PS3 version never had this problem.

When it works it's a blast but only if you are playing with some friends. The MP is all about teamwork.

Why exactly can't we have all three? tLoU is great. Remastered or not.

I would like to. Been missing Destiny. I'm really bad though. I'm pretty busy this week but I'll ping you when I hop on.

What are your guys PSN names? Not sure I've got either of you on there. Mine is Drakieon

I don't think he sucks and I'm not convinced we've seen his full potential. I just think Andrew Luck is a lot better.

If Tannehill doesn't show improvement this season I will write him off for what he is; a mediocre QB that isn't taking anyone to the big dance.

They have similar numbers, I know luck is better though but I don't know that luck could have done much better with how bad our offense last year (oline, RBs, play calling, key injuries to keller, gibson)

Jerry getting it in

BuSPp9sCIAEee_l.jpg

BuSPp9KCQAEVhul.jpg

I need to be a rich white dude.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
great, just great.

Gotta go and give people a mental image of Double J mounting a girl's face. Wonderful.

What are your guys PSN names? Not sure I've got either of you on there. Mine is Drakieon
Mine is The_Darkest_Red.

They have similar numbers, I know luck is better though but I don't know that luck could have done much better with how bad our offense last year (oline, RBs, play calling, key injuries to keller, gibson)
I agree on last year. My thinking is that the team has improved in most areas from last season (especially o-line) so with a really good QB they would be very good overall. Tannehill could become that QB this season but he isn't a known quantity in the same way Luck is.

The big difference I see between Luck and Tannehill right now that isn't apparent in most stats is Luck's ability to take over a game and get his team the W. He has already shown that quite a few times in his short career, especially in that crazy playoff game against the Chiefs. Tannehill seems to be lacking that ability, although it's hard to know how much of it is really his fault.

Drakeon

Mine is The_Darkest_Red.

I agree on last year. My thinking is that the team has improved in most areas from last season (especially o-line) so with a really good QB they would be very good overall. Tannehill could become that QB this season but he isn't a known quantity in the same way Luck is.

The big difference I see between Luck and Tannehill right now that isn't apparent in most stats is Luck's ability to take over a game and get his team the W. He has already shown that quite a few times in his short career, especially in that crazy playoff game against the Chiefs. Tannehill seems to be lacking that ability, although it's hard to know how much of it is really his fault.

Friend request sent.

Top Bottom