• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp 2014 |OT| - This is our year!

bigosc2k

Banned
That's such a Gata thing to do

tumblr_n1albcqLHi1sgv55fo1_400.gif

eznark

Banned
Oh yeah, good. I thought there was some sinister thing there that you childless monsters were going to rip on. That's a beautiful moment between a father and son watching the greatest sport on the planet.

Fox318

Oh yeah, good. I thought there was some sinister thing there that you childless monsters were going to rip on. That's a beautiful moment between a father and son watching the greatest sport on the planet.

They are Braves fans though... they might worship Satan and Piers Morgan when they get home.

eznark

Banned
So, Cincinnati sports fans are the least intelligent sports fans in the country. (I almost said planet, then I remembered there are soccer fans). It's kind of not their fault, as all of their information comes from 700 WLW which had the following to say about Dalton's contract:

"His contract is higher than Payton Manning's"
"He is getting paid more than Aaron Rodgers"
"Why didn't they use some of this money to keep Chad Johnson"
"They should have given this contract to McCarron, at least he hasn't lost a playoff game"
"Why didn't they do a Kaepernick style deal! He gets paid less everytime he wins"

Note, these were not the callers. These were the hosts of the shows at various times yesterday when I tuned in. Rocky Boiman dropped the last gem. Former NFL football "player" Boiman is possibly the least intelligent when it comes to talking about football on the entire network.

Fox318

So, Cincinnati sports fans are the least intelligent sports fans in the country. (I almost said planet, then I remembered there are soccer fans). It's kind of not their fault, as all of their information comes from 700 WLW which had the following to say about Dalton's contract:

"They should have given this contract to McCarron, at least he hasn't lost a playoff game"
"Why didn't they do a Kaepernick style deal! He gets paid less everytime he wins"

Note, these were not the callers. These were the hosts of the shows at various times yesterday when I tuned in. Rocky Boiman dropped the last gem. Former NFL football "player" Boiman is possibly the least intelligent when it comes to talking about football on the entire network.

Somebody said that?

A breathing human actually said that?

Odd they would say the thing about Manning when it is so easy to check.

eznark

Banned
Somebody said that?

A breathing human actually said that?

Yes BUT it was in the context of "back when he left" not in the context of "lets bring him back today"

Generally the entire day was spent with "BUT HE HASN'T WON A PLAYOFF GAME."

Which is fine and a valid criticism but ignores the if-not-him-who-else problem. They are too talented to start a talentless clown like McCarron and I don't really thnk Josh McCown is a better QB than Dalton so...who? The contract doesn't prohibit them from getting someone else next year should they so choose, I don't see the problem. If he plays well, they have cleared a bunch of his future cap hit in a year when they have room. If he plays like shit they have made no long term commitment so who cares.

I'm basically the only person in the tri-state area who understands why this move was correct.

Odd they would say the thing about Manning when it is so easy to check.
This is the same station that seemingly has a "Joey Votto sucks" policy. Every host hates Votto.

Dragon

Banned
First Halo, now Resident Evil.

Fuck TLOU, this is more like the remastered games we should be getting

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...e-release-on-pc-ps3-ps4-xbox-360-and-xbox-one

Why exactly can't we have all three? tLoU is great. Remastered or not.

Any of you guys playing last of us multiplayer regularly? I've been trying to get a game or two in here or there.

I would like to. Been missing Destiny. I'm really bad though. I'm pretty busy this week but I'll ping you when I hop on.

Any of you guys playing last of us multiplayer regularly? I've been trying to get a game or two in here or there.
I've been trying to play with some friends in the evenings but the matchmaking is awful right now. It's not uncommon for us to wait 20 minutes before we find a game. It seems to be a fairly common issue but it's weird because the PS3 version never had this problem.

When it works it's a blast but only if you are playing with some friends. The MP is all about teamwork.

Fox318

FUCK YES! I need to get on this. I tried to get maddengaf to buy it but they all looked at me like I was crazy.

Can you confirm that you actually can flip the table if you get pissed?
Yes you can.

Host of table can just hit the back button and everything is reset.

bionic77

:lol

To be fair most guys who cover the NFL on the radio are retarded. At least the ones I have heard on the east coast. The only reason you listen to those shows is for the crying and anger after a bad loss.

And I was catching up on NFL news this morning and saw that Darrius Heyward Bey had a concussion this weekend. I actually forgot that he is on the Steelers. Though why we signed him I have no clue. You can get the same performance from almost anyone that has 2 legs and hands (assuming they are not paralyzed and if they are paralyzed their numbers won't be that much worse than DHBs).

bionic77

FUCK YES! I need to get on this. I tried to get maddengaf to buy it but they all looked at me like I was crazy.

Can you confirm that you actually can flip the table if you get pissed?
well...

Now after I just insulted you what do you think of this lawnmower? My brother in law gave me some electric lawnmower he was too lazy to use and it broke after 2 uses so I am looking for something legit.

http://thesweethome.com/reviews/best-lawnmower/

I know nothing about lawnmowers. $600 seems like a lot for a lawnmower though.

Our lawn is only about a half acre but it has some slope in the back. Seems way to small for a riding mower.

Dragon

Banned
I've been trying to play with some friends in the evenings but the matchmaking is awful right now. It's not uncommon for us to wait 20 minutes before we find a game. It seems to be a fairly common issue but it's weird because the PS3 version never had this problem.

When it works it's a blast but only if you are playing with some friends. The MP is all about teamwork.

Yeah I think the party system is a lot different on PS4 than PS3 so that's probably contributing. It's shitty but I kept backing out and back in and eventually it worked. What mode are you playing on?

well...

Now after I just insulted you what do you think of this lawnmower? My brother in law gave me some electric lawnmower he was too lazy to use and it broke after 2 uses so I am looking for something legit.

Our lawn is only about a half acre but it has some slope in the back. Seems way to small for a riding mower.

That group of websites is awesome, so kudos for using it, thewirecutter is great too. As far as a lawnmower, I haven't had to mow a lawn since summer of my senior year of college so I can't help!

Yeah I think the party system is a lot different on PS4 than PS3 so that's probably contributing. It's shitty but I kept backing out and back in and eventually it worked. What mode are you playing on?
Supply Raid is by far my favorite but I think we've had more luck getting into Interrogation matches. They really need to get a patch out.

eznark

Banned
well...

Sorry man, I know literally nothing about self propelled's. I was thinking of getting one to use around some of our trees though since weed whipping is the fucking devils work so let me know what you think.

Honda probably makes the best small engines in the world though so I'm sure it'll run forever.

Dragon

Banned
Supply Raid is by far my favorite but I think we've had more luck getting into Interrogation matches. They really need to get a patch out.

I'm hoping it's server side that's borked so they don't have to patch the game (there are plenty of weird gamma issues with the SP that should probably be patched first).

Supply Raid is my favorite too! We should try to get a game together, BG and Drakeon seem down too!

I'm hoping it's server side that's borked so they don't have to patch the game (there are plenty of weird gamma issues with the SP that should probably be patched first).

Supply Raid is my favorite too! We should try to get a game together, BG and Drakeon seem down too!
The only problem for me is I have a few friends that are always trying to get me to join to make a full four party team, haha. I would definitely be up for it if they aren't around one day, though!

bionic77

That group of websites is awesome, so kudos for using it, thewirecutter is great too. As far as a lawnmower, I haven't had to mow a lawn since summer of my senior year of college so I can't help!
I haven't had to mow the lawn in a long time but for such a small yard it seems like such a waste to pay someone else to do it. Most of my neighbors get people in giant tractors to mow their lawns but fuck that. Not at my house.

Sorry man, I know literally nothing about self propelled's. I was thinking of getting one to use around some of our trees though since weed whipping is the fucking devils work so let me know what you think.

Honda probably makes the best small engines in the world though so I'm sure it'll run forever.
Yeah I am leaning towards Honda but I was hoping someone here had some real world experience with something other than videogames and the least disgusting thing on the menu at Taco Bell. I figure one of you bastards must have a self propelled or even a push mower.

edit: I will saw that fuck electric mowers. May as well get one of those blades with no motors from the 1700s and push them around your lawn.

Top Bottom