• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp 2014 |OT| - This is our year!

bionic77

I'm so used to riding in the cities here that I don't really care anymore. It's pretty crazy here as well in the bigger cities. Millions of bikes every where you go. Especially Amsterdam is hell on earth because you have to avoid taxi's and all the tourists that aren't used to cyclists flying around every corner.
I assume that in Euroland they have more bike lanes and that the cars and traffic are more used to dealing with cyclists on the roads.

In the US fuuuuuuuuuck that. I only tried it for a month but I felt like it was a sure early death if I kept it up. The drivers (at least in DC) just didn't give a fuck and no one seemed to be aware that a bike could also be on the road.

But why do they feel a kinship with the Patriots and not another 0 SB team like say the Lions or the Jets?

I don't think the Pats have the largest fanbase here. Ravens and Steelers are populair and the Raiders, but that has more to do with West Coast rap and such.

There is always one guy I see from time to time on my way to Uni with a Giants cap on. Always have to stop myself from hurling him in front of a train.

Oh well, time to party here for one last time.

Talk to you guys later!

cajunator

Banned
I assume that in Euroland they have more bike lanes and that the cars and traffic are more used to dealing with cyclists on the roads.

In the US fuuuuuuuuuck that. I only tried it for a month but I felt like it was a sure early death if I kept it up. The drivers (at least in DC) just didn't give a fuck and no one seemed to be aware that a bike could also be on the road.

quite a few people ride bikes in the limited bike lanes down here believe it or not. I have definitely learned to be aware of them. Everything is spread out though so its quite a trek.

I guess so. People mostly use bikes and public transport in the city centre because parking is difficult and expensive as fuck. The road in the centre of most cities are also really old and narrow (expect for in Rotterdam, because the whole place was bombed to shit in WW2, so everything is fairly modern). So you mostly have to look out for trams, taxis that ignore every rule, tourists that are lost and other cyclists who have a serious death wish.

cdyhybrid

I don't think the Pats have the largest fanbase here. Ravens and Steelers are populair and the Raiders, but that has more to do with West Coast rap and such.

There is always one guy I see from time to time on my way to Uni with a Giants cap on. Always have to stop myself from hurling him in front of a train.

Oh well, time to party here for one last time.

Talk to you guys later!

Make out with a supermodel for me.

Bowser

Oh yeah, they just put this guy for pre-order today. Like him even more than Soundwave. Scalpers were already wanting $400 on ebay for the one that's from 2 years ago. But takara is re-releasing him for $160. So pre-order from this bigbadtoystore.com They don't charge you until they ship the item.

TAK11952.jpg

fffffuuuuu dunno if I wanna spend $160 on a toy...

Oh well, not charged until it's shipped, pre-order placed!

jbug617

Banned
I think Best Buy is doing a trade in program for Madden 15. You get $25 credit if you trade XB1 or PS4 ver of Madden 25 towards a purchase of Madden 15.

As for the whole Madden thing, I think I'm going to buy it this year.

It's been five years since I've bought a Madden, maybe they've finally made a year's worth of advancements!

Sports Games This Year:

FIFA- Must Buy, no doubt, day 0. Need dat FIFA in my life. But I'll be looking at PES as well. Not buying it, but want to see how they transition to next gen. If its solid, I'll consider it next year.

NBA 2K15- Wait and see, leaning wait till April/sales. 2K14 had too much bullshit for me to fall for it again. I need to see some user reviews first (because gaming outlets never actually call 2K out on their fuckery. It's just WHOA PRETTY GRAPHICS, LEBRON LOOKS SO REAL!!!!!)

NHL 2K/ EA NHL- Pass, but full disclosure time. As much as I shit on ice soccer, I used to play the hell out of the EA NHL games back on the OG Xbox.

The Show-Already bought, is a go.

Wrasslin- lolno

Bowser

As for the whole Madden thing, I think I'm going to buy it this year.

It's been five years since I've bought a Madden, maybe they've finally made a year's worth of advancements!

Sports Games This Year:

FIFA- Must Buy, no doubt, day 0. Need dat FIFA in my life. But I'll be looking at PES as well. Not buying it, but want to see how they transition to next gen. If its solid, I'll consider it next year.

NBA 2K15- Wait and see, leaning wait till April/sales. 2K14 had too much bullshit for me to fall for it again. I need to see some user reviews first (because gaming outlets never actually call 2K out on their fuckery. It's just WHOA PRETTY GRAPHICS, LEBRON LOOKS SO REAL!!!!!)

NHL 2K/ EA NHL- Pass, but full disclosure time. As much as I shit on ice soccer, I used to play the hell out of the EA NHL games back on the OG Xbox.

The Show-Already bought, is a go.

Wrasslin- lolno

When does FIFA 15 come out?

BTW I bought a PS4 game (Tomb Raider Definitive for $30!) and a PS4 controller (brand new for $45 shipped from eBay Buy.com deals: http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...reless-Controller-Black-/301248840066?afsrc=1).

I don't own a PS4...yet.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Sounds like Hoyer is starting against the Lions, but I'm sure JFF will get some good play time as well. Can't wait to see how the Lions defense looks.

This will probably be the most watched 1st week preseason game.

Of course I want to see JFF get some reps (which he'll get plenty of) and on the Lions i obviously want to see Eric Ebron, Kyle Van Noy, Ansah and Darius Slay.

Kyle Van Noy Poinsettia Bowl Highlights

He absolutely dominated that game.

I've heard nothing but great things about him, and if he turns out to be solid opposite of DeAndre Levy our LB corp will also be something special. I also can't wait to finally see Ebron get some reps in actual NFL gametime. Should be good practice for him getting used to Joe Lombardis' offensive schemes.

This will probably be the most watched 1st week preseason game.

Of course I want to see JFF get some reps (which he'll get plenty of) and on the Lions i obviously want to see Eric Ebron, Kyle Van Noy, Ansah and Darius Slay.

Kyle Van Noy Poinsettia Bowl Highlights

He absolutely dominated that game.

I've heard nothing but great things about him, and if he turns out to be solid opposite of DeAndre Levy our LB corp will also be something special. I also can't wait to finally see Ebron get some reps in actual NFL gametime. Should be good practice for him getting used to Joe Lombardis' offensive schemes.

Ansah won't play on Saturday, he's still recovering from shoulder surgery but is close to being healthy.

Van Noy...it really sounds like being asked to do a lot. Sounds like he's coming along slowly.
http://www.freep.com/article/20140806/SPORTS01/308060117

Still, some good news from yesterday's practice:
Van Noy doing pretty well in coverage drills right now. Tight coverage.

Kyle Van Noy waiting until the last possible moment to hand off his man in zone drills, perfection.
http://www.reddit.com/r/detroitlions/comments/2cqsw5/tuesday_camp_notes/

cajunator

Banned
We just had a new pizza place called Mellow Mushroom that opened up. apparently a chain out of Atlanta. anyone tried the pizza there? The inside looks pretty funky awesome.

When does FIFA 15 come out?

BTW I bought a PS4 game (Tomb Raider Definitive for $30!) and a PS4 controller (brand new for $45 shipped from eBay Buy.com deals: http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...reless-Controller-Black-/301248840066?afsrc=1).

I don't own a PS4...yet.

September 23

We just had a new pizza place called Mellow Mushroom that opened up. apparently a chain out of Atlanta. anyone tried the pizza there? The inside looks pretty funky awesome.

They're all over the place here in NC. I've personally never been (for whatever reason), but I've heard nothing but good things about it.

WedgeX

Banned

I ride my bike all the time in DC. Of course, I've been nearly killed by more than a few taxis trying to u-turn on Penn. And have seen a ton of people parking in the bike lanes. But otherwise I've felt fairly safe. Fuck the cyclists that ride on the sidewalks and blow through crosswalks, though. I've almost killed a few people who've done that. I mean, got dang. No way I'm going to see someone going 10-15 mph when turning left.

I had some from one in Ocean Springs, MS a few years ago. It was pretty tasty at the time.

Tamanon

Banned
I've never been a huge fan of Mellow Mushroom, but there are people that swear by it. I'm a simple meat/sauce/cheese man and have no time for this weird shit.

cajunator

Banned
http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/sto...-new-york-giants-said-ready-next-chapter-life

Damn, watching David Wilson discuss his retirement is so sad. I really liked his game. I remember arguing with Giants fans he should play more, but I guess he had issues w/playbook and pass pro. But he was awesome running it and had a passion for the game. I loved his flip TD celebration

Sad to see it end for him

That dude went off on my Saints for like 300 yards in 2012 when we couldnt stop shit.
Very hard runner.

cajunator

Banned
Never heard of the place, interesting menu though.

So you're old with basic tastes :p

This one is located right outside a large cinema complex.
I wonder how well it will do? But before that building only had some experimental small time restaurants and not an established chain. If its good food, Lafayette will keep it in business a long time.

Fox318

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/sto...-new-york-giants-said-ready-next-chapter-life

Damn, watching David Wilson discuss his retirement is so sad. I really liked his game. I remember arguing with Giants fans he should play more, but I guess he had issues w/playbook and pass pro. But he was awesome running it and had a passion for the game. I loved his flip TD celebration

Giant fans gave him so much shit his entire time with the team.

jakncoke

Banned
This one is located right outside a large cinema complex.
I wonder how well it will do? But before that building only had some experimental small time restaurants and not an established chain. If its good food, Lafayette will keep it in business a long time.

Eat some pizza/wings go see a movie. Good placement

WedgeX

Banned

Damn. David Wilson is awesome. I hope he finds happiness in retirement. The game just eats people up.

jakncoke

Banned

Striker

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Mellow Mushroom is awesome.

A lot of people go for the booze and trivia night stuff. Most locations have a patio too.

Bowser

Mellow Mushroom is boss.

The Funky Q Chicken is so good:

7160998752_04401a28af_z.jpg

BBQ Chicken, mozzarella and cheddar cheeses, caramelized onions, and Applewood smoked bacon. Finished with a bbq sauce swirl.

Top Bottom