• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp 2014 |OT| - This is our year!

eznark

Banned
Did you see what I did? I posted a gif of Romo doing something great, knowing full well that a gif of his game ending interception (from the same game) was easy to find and post. I set up you perfectly. Your welcome.

romo-cross.jpg

A great article about why Tannehill might suck or not.

http://grantland.com/features/the-question-of-ryan-tannehill/
Really good read, thanks for posting it. Nice to see something on Tannehill that's actually well researched.

That highlight against the Ravens is unbelievable but I cannot find it in gif form anywhere. I need to make one, that is the stuff dreams are made of.

Skip Madden and get a FIFA game.
Play me in FIFA.

Tamanon

Banned
Man, it's like every day, there's an "update" on the Hoyer/Manziel situation. We get it, nobody outside the Browns wants to see Hoyer start.

Giants trying to out 49er in injured RB. Just seen Hillis down with a ankle/foot thing
Its looking to be minor and he'll likely be held out of a preseason game or two. More chance to see what Michael Cox and Kendall Gaskins bring to the table.

On the good news front. Odell Beckham Jr. is close to returning to practice. Needs to happen ASAP.

Say what you will about Tannehill but it's hard to give up on a guy that has the physical ability to do this. This is a 4th and 10 with less than 2 minutes left in the game, Dolphins down 3:

gibsonajeg1.gif

After that Tannehill got sacked and Sturgis missed a 57 yarder but that's not important.

Its looking to be minor and he'll likely be held out of a preseason game or two. More chance to see what Michael Cox and Kendall Gaskins bring to the table.

On the good news front. Odell Beckham Jr. is close to returning to practice. Needs to happen ASAP.
I hate that it has to be this way Future but we both know Jarvis Landry is going to end up being the best LSU WR from the 2014 draft.

jakncoke

Banned
TIL Lane Smith who played in roles such as the DA from my cousin vinny , coach reilly in the mighty ducks, the father in son in law died 9 years ago. Talk about being late to the news

Say what you will about Tannehill but it's hard to give up on a guy that has the physical ability to do this. This is a 4th and 10 with less than 2 minutes left in the game, Dolphins down 3:

gibsonajeg1.gif

After that Tannehill got sacked and Sturgis missed a 57 yarder but that's not important.

I hate that it has to be this way Future but we both know Jarvis Landry is going to end up being the best LSU WR from the 2014 draft.

Fucken kicker, that was during his bad streak too

bionic77

Holy shit Gata is right about something?

Has this ever happened before? Will it ever happen again?

This must have been what it was like to have seen Tebow or Moses pulling out the last second win or splitting an ocean in half.

But yes FIFA shits all over Madden and as far as games I buy but don't play it is on the top of the list for sports games. I personally think some of the prior FIFAs were better so maybe they are on the decline and next year is the year of PES. Too many passes and shots felt controlled by the CPU instead of balls out crazy physics (the second being the superior option).

Fantomex

I do every other year Gata. I always usually skip Madden. Not sure what system to get FIFA for this year.

This year's madden has a dick on the cover. If there was ever a year to get one it would be this.

Don't think we've ever met before. But I like you.

Really good read, thanks for posting it. Nice to see something on Tannehill that's actually well researched.

That highlight against the Ravens is unbelievable but I cannot find it in gif form anywhere. I need to make one, that is the stuff dreams are made of.

This is make or break for Tanney. He better come through.

Zeke

Fine with me! No need to further burden taxpayers with another new stadium
This is a very underwhelming response I was expecting tirade of sorts :(
Edit: Damn you ez, why Romo have to be spectacular when he fails. Only thing that excites me about this season is getting a good draft pick

Fantomex

Fanto I think the choice these days is PS4 for multi platform. Unless all of your friends are on the Bone in which case you should probably get new friends.

Btw best friend check what I am going to put next to Soundwave in my new home office.

Star Wars The Black Series R2-D2 Figure https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CFELU0I/ref=cm_sw_r_udp_awd_PkP4tb1BA7DHS

Definitely gonna get a PS4, not getting an Xbone at all. Just don't know when. Love that R2!!!!! Good stuff Bionic.

Oh yeah, they just put this guy for pre-order today. Like him even more than Soundwave. Scalpers were already wanting $400 on ebay for the one that's from 2 years ago. But takara is re-releasing him for $160. So pre-order from this bigbadtoystore.com They don't charge you until they ship the item.

TAK11952.jpg

cajunator

Banned
Definitely gonna get a PS4, not getting an Xbone at all. Just don't know when. Love that R2!!!!! Good stuff Bionic.

Oh yeah, they just put this guy for pre-order today. Like him even more than Soundwave. Scalpers were already wanting $400 on ebay for the one that's from 2 years ago. But takara is re-releasing him for $160. So pre-order from this bigbadtoystore.com They don't charge you until they ship the item.

TAK11952.jpg

Oh my god thats justl ike the original! *nerdsquees

Where does biking/cycling fit into this? Or is that less a sport and more a way of life?

We are practically born on a bike. You ride that shit everywhere you go, no school busses or anything like that here. You ride your bike, come rain or shine (or snow).
Don't you like wearing tights and skating really fast as well.

That too.

I did it once, and after becoming a bit cocky I went for the bigger jump. I smacked my head into the sand so hard that I accounted my retirement immediately.

Bread

Banned
Hmmm Diablo 3 ultimate evil edition or Madden, tough choice. They're both great couch coop games (2v2 madden is so much fun) and the Pats are probably going to be insanely good in the game this year so I think I'm leaning towards that.

Wes

venison crêpe
Browns/Lions is going to be on NFL Network this Saturday? At an earthly hour in the day? Might actually get a chance to watch some preseason action.

bionic77

TAK11952.jpg
I have always preferred the Decepticons and Cobra when it came to the toys.

There are some exceptions (Dinobots).

I don't want too many toys in the office either. Just a few things here and there for decoration. Still need something nice that is Lakers and Steelers related (have a Terrible Towel). Also looking for a cool puzzle box. There are a lot of them online but they are all as ugly as Gata's home state (take your pick). I want something cool like that but that also looks nice and won't look out of place in a grown ass man's office.

cajunator

Banned
We are practically born on a bike. You ride that shit everywhere you go, no school busses or anything like that here. You ride your bike, come rain or shine (or snow).

That too.

I did it once, and after becoming a bit cocky I went for the bigger jump. I smacked my head into the sand so hard that I accounted my retirement immediately.

It sorta resembles pole vaulting but in nasty water and ten times more dangerous.

bionic77

That sounds pretty awesome.

The kids in America suck these day and I swear half of them don't even know how to ride a bike. Their shitty parents get them a tablet and a big wheel and set them on the path to stupidity and obesity!

My kids are 3 and are already getting around (slowly) on some shitty bikes from Target with training wheels. I can't wait until they are a little older and I am going to whole family out for biking trips.

I love riding a bike. Except in traffic in a major city. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck that. I will stick to small roads and trails thank you very much!

Fantomex

I have always preferred the Decepticons and Cobra when it came to the toys.

There are some exceptions (Dinobots).

I don't want too many toys in the office either. Just a few things here and there for decoration. Still need something nice that is Lakers and Steelers related (have a Terrible Towel). Also looking for a cool puzzle box. There are a lot of them online but they are all as ugly as Gata's home state (take your pick). I want something cool like that but that also looks nice and won't look out of place in a grown ass man's office.

We're nerds lol

Sounds like Hoyer is starting against the Lions, but I'm sure JFF will get some good play time as well. Can't wait to see how the Lions defense looks.

That sounds pretty awesome.

The kids in America suck these day and I swear half of them don't even know how to ride a bike. Their shitty parents get them a tablet and a big wheel and set them on the path to stupidity and obesity!

My kids are 3 and are already getting around (slowly) on some shitty bikes from Target with training wheels. I can't wait until they are a little older and I am going to whole family out for biking trips.

I love riding a bike. Except in traffic in a major city. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck that. I will stick to small roads and trails thank you very much!

I'm so used to riding in the cities here that I don't really care anymore. It's pretty crazy here as well in the bigger cities. Millions of bikes every where you go. Especially Amsterdam is hell on earth because you have to avoid taxi's and all the tourists that aren't used to cyclists flying around every corner.

Top Bottom