• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp 2014 |OT| - This is our year!

cdyhybrid

3671525-3346674585-mj-la.gif

Mike Mayock, ladies and gents.

Drakeon

I've read next to nothing about Gabbert but it's possible he is great in the film room. The 49ers loved Tolzien in that role and Harbaugh has expressed disappointment in losing that. Maybe Gabbert has a good football mind? Dunno, seems like most of his limitations are physical though.
That has to be it. That or Harbs really wanted a tough project in fixing Gabbert (I'm not convinced it's possible).

Levyne

Banned
Finally a bears game to watch again. It's been so long, you know. Since no playoffs.

I feel my heartbeat elevated already.

Not super in-depth but a decent little film room study on Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie and his performance against the NFC East last season with the Broncos:

http://www.bigblueview.com/2014/8/8...-cromartie-film-study-cowboys-redskins-eagles

EDIT:
Dan Graziano @DanGrazianoESPN · 15s

Giants announce OL Eric Herman is suspended for the first four games of the season for violating performance-enhancing drug policy.

OL Depth and a roster bubble guy. Apparently he didn't file the proper paperwork for whatever substance he took.

Ralph Vacchiano @RVacchianoNYDN · 17m

Herman, in a statement, says he took a "stimulant" for a "condition" but did not get the required "therapeutic use exemption" from the NFL.

That's a whole lot of rabbit ears.

I'm ready to return to the Dome tonight. Looking forward to seeing how the line on both sides of the ball look.

Will be strange to see the construction area next door.

ShaneB

Just finished up the chapter in Take Your Eye Off The Ball about 3-4 vs 4-3 defence. Neat to learn about the different positional responsibilities in each setting. Albeit I'll probably not remember much of it in a bit.

Mindlog

I'm not that upset about a 6th rounder, but I still don't understand the move. He's way worse than Josh Johnson who we signed off the street and can use the same playbook as Kap. I may be over rating Johnson, but Gabbert has seemingly no redeeming features.
Nah, I've felt the same way. I've liked Johnson since he was drafted. Then again my first memories of him playing a regular season NFL game were after he came in to replace Byron Leftwich. At that point it wouldn't have taken much to impress me.

JABEE

Just saw the Ninja Turtles. I love the Turtles, but the movie wasn't really good. I liked a lot of the action and the points that focused on the Turtles, but Megan Fox is horrid for the most part. The script is hilarious. The director is unable to create stakes for the characters naturally. Everything has to be spelled out and said aloud.

It was a bad Turtles movie. I love the Turtles, but it wasn't good. I hope someone else takes the franchise over. I would like to see a Turtles movie set in early 1980s NYC with roving street gangs for the Turtles to handle.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Just saw the Ninja Turtles. I love the Turtles, but the movie wasn't really good. I liked a lot of the action and the points that focused on the Turtles, but Megan Fox is horrid for the most part. The script is hilarious. The director is unable to create stakes for the characters naturally. Everything has to be spelled out and said aloud.

It was a bad Turtles movie. I love the Turtles, but it wasn't good. I hope someone else takes the franchise over. I would like to see a Turtles movie set in early 1980s NYC with roving street gangs for the Turtles to handle.

Let Zach Snyder and Frank Miller do it with the original tone of the comics. Not that that would represent anything about the TMNT that I loved as a kid but whatever.

Mokoi

Banned
Was reminded that there was a NFL thread. Thanks for that caj. Anyways been out of the football loop for quite some time. Last game I think I've watched was the Giants vs Cowboys on Jan 1st, 2012 The cowboys got beat down that game, so yeah I hate the Giants. I'll never forgive romo for botching that snap against the seahawks back in 07. He went on my shit list because of that. Anyways I decided to finally get back into football this season because why the hell not. Also thanks for that write up Farooq. It was helpful.

Oh yeah, what the hell is :jnc? Explain this shit please.

Drakeon

Oh good, Aldon Smith actually will get suspended

Couldn't find any updates via google. Curious to see what news your looking at. I totally expect a 6-8 game suspension, but do we have actual confirmation from the league that a suspension is happening?

Was reminded that there was a NFL thread. Thanks for that caj. Anyways been out of the football loop for quite some time. Last game I think I've watched was the Giants vs Cowboys on Jan 1st, 2012 The cowboys got beat down that game, so yeah I hate the Giants. I'll never forgive romo for botching that snap against the seahawks back in 07. He went on my shit list because of that. Anyways I decided to finally get back into football this season because why the hell not. Also hanks for that write up Farooq. It was helpful.

Oh yeah, what the hell is :jnc? Explain this shit please.

There used to be built in smilies on gaf, one of them was a laughing blue face. There used to be a poster named jakncoke, all he would post was this blue smilie. When the smilie got replaced people just started typing his name to indicate they were laughing.

:laugh or something was the original bbcode for the smile, hence :jnc for jakncoke.

Top Bottom