• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp 2014 |OT| - This is our year!

Fox318

6wm27Dd.jpg

cajunator

Banned
Was reminded that there was a NFL thread. Thanks for that caj. Anyways been out of the football loop for quite some time. Last game I think I've watched was the Giants vs Cowboys on Jan 1st, 2012 The cowboys got beat down that game, so yeah I hate the Giants. I'll never forgive romo for botching that snap against the seahawks back in 07. He went on my shit list because of that. Anyways I decided to finally get back into football this season because why the hell not. Also thanks for that write up Farooq. It was helpful.

Oh yeah, what the hell is :jnc? Explain this shit please.

ITs a really terrible circumstance that reminded you, but welcome to the thread.
I wish it was under very different circumstances :(

Mokoi

Banned
There used to be built in smilies on gaf, one of them was a laughing blue face. There used to be a poster named jakncoke, all he would post was this blue smilie. When the smilie got replaced people just started typing his name to indicate they were laughing.

:laugh or something was the original bbcode for the smile, hence :jnc for jakncoke.

Thank you for the explanation.

ITs a really terrible circumstance that reminded you, but welcome to the thread.
I wish it was under very different circumstances :(

Ahh it wasn't the recent event that reminded me, but before that when you mentioned nflGAF embracing the animu. It's a shame what happened though. Didn't really know him, but he seemed like a swell guy. He will surely be missed.

Thank you for the explanation.

Ahh it wasn't the recent event that reminded me, but before that when you mentioned nflGAF embracing the animu. It's a shame what happened though. Didn't really know him, but he seemed like a swell guy. He will surely be missed.
But we hate animu's.

Holy shit I just found out about Hito.

I am completely shell shocked. He recommended me anime, wished my Browns well, and had me as a friend on twitter.

While I didn't really know him, know him, I still considered him a friend on here. Rest in peace, buddy.

Yeah, I'm watching Geno here in this preseason game and I'm just not feeling him. I'd say Vick should start if he wasn't a shell of his former self.

forms

As a European that is trying to get a grip on the sport, New England seemed like my cup of mead. Having seen a condensed version of their first pregame, I must say Chicago did a hell of a lot better aiming their throws. :D

Or maybe I should just watch the second half before I start talking my bullshit.

Best rookie QB match up tonight, in a preview of a future SuperBowl.

Derek Carr of THE MIGHTY RAIDAS!
derekcarr.jpg

Vs.

Teddy B, of the vikings.
20140516__140517_vikings_teddy.jpg

We also will get a look at this guy
BudEUjXCQAAYI5U.jpg:large

As a European that is trying to get a grip on the sport, New England seemed like my cup of mead. Having seen a condensed version of their first pregame, I must say Chicago did a hell of a lot better aiming their throws. :D

Or maybe I should just watch the second half before I start talking my bullshit.
Don't root for the Pats.

Levyne

Banned

Chicago?

Don't do it

Hello friend. As leader of the Patriots fans here we welcome you.

Anyone but the Pats. They are the Chelsea of the NFL, the Real Madrid, if you will.

Bread

Banned

don't take anything from preseason games, and also don't let the guys here talk you out of watching a team. they're all extremely jealous of new england's success over the past 15 years so they will shit on you for liking the pats.

All the cool euros like the Pats, and they also go shirtless to grocery stores and the mall. THAT'S how cool they are.

cdyhybrid

We'll make you wear a pony avatar and share a hooker with Gata if you end up rooting for the Pats.

Just keep that in mind.

ShaneB

Take my advice and just start watching the sport more regularly before picking a team! Eventually you'd find a bond that just feels right. Right now being preseason, the games don't really have much cache on who is doing what. Also, Chicago? I think you mean Washington if you watched the game from yesterday :p

But welcome aboard. The NFL is a juggernaut for a reason. Every game is an event!

cdyhybrid

New York Giants guard Eric Herman has been suspended without pay for the first four games of the 2014 regular season for violating the NFL policy on performance-enhancing substances, the team announced.

ShaneB

New York Giants guard Eric Herman has been suspended without pay for the first four games of the 2014 regular season for violating the NFL policy on performance-enhancing substances, the team announced.

Thank goodness he didn't smoke weed. That could've been disastrous!

Top Bottom