• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp 2014 |OT| - This is our year!

eznark

Banned
I can't stand game timers that are wrong, it drives me nuts. If someone starts talking to me I will close a game so it doesn't inflate the time. I realize I am the weird one.

In all seriousness though, it's pretty amazing that you got that much money for a few DOTA items. Doesn't surprise me with that nutty fanbase, though.

Well it's kind of hard with Dota too since it has the in-game spectator function. So that counts some of the time I have spent watching dota as well.

eznark

Banned
I hate it when you pause a game and the in-game timer keeps ticking.

I always found it funny in DS games that would use the clock as the timer, so even in sleep mode it would count the minutes. I think one of the FF games did it so I had like 1,000 hours in it

I hate it when you pause a game and the in-game timer keeps ticking.
Yes, that is the worst! The 3DS Activity Log is one of my favorite system-wide features ever developed for a game console OS, I really wish every system had something similar.

I also hate when games don't track your playtime. That was my only complaint with Deus Ex: HR on PS3, haha.

EDIT: Pray this dude never finds the NFL thread...

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=123149018&postcount=5721

That avatar. Ugh.

eznark

Banned
Jesus Christ, I grew up with the guy who finished second on the bachelor so people sent me clips of him from last night. Guy should throw himself off a bridge. Fucking embarrassment to JJ Watt's home town.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Jesus Christ, I grew up with the guy who finished second on the bachelor so people sent me clips of him from last night. Guy should throw himself off a bridge. Fucking embarrassment to JJ Watt's home town.

Some chick was talking to me about this. Was this the guy who was like "if you didn't love me, why did we make love??? Pls respond"

ShaneB

Yes yes I'm up and at work. Another day of tricking these people into thinking I'm worth what little they pay me.

That's exactly how I felt this morning.

Yeah, just making it through the day knowing it's another long weekend for me. Plus I'll get back to the gym tonight after a short hiatus.

I'm glad I didn't have Steam when I played World of Warcraft

Me too.

eznark

Banned
Some chick was talking to me about this. Was this the guy who was like "if you didn't love me, why did we make love??? Pls respond"

Apparently. My wife thought it was this super embarrassing question and all I thought was "I assume all those people fuck constantly" and "it's a show about dating 100 dudes at once, obviously she is ass up every night"

http://www.jsonline.com/entertainme...un-on-bachelorette-b99319488z1-268948081.html

If that were me I would go on live TV thus:

1OkA5dA.gif

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/07/29/suh-says-his-contract-wont-be-a-distraction/

Florio trying to stir shit up per usual

PFT said:
With the Lions tabling Ndamukong Suh’s contract talks until after the 2014, his future with the team instantly becomes one of the top stories surrounding the franchise.

Suh would like other employees of the franchise to not be asked about his future with the team.

“I would ask you guys to not bother my teammates about something that they have nothing involved in,” Suh told reporters on Monday. “So, for sure, I definitely don’t want them to have to answer any questions about it. It’s really a tough situation, more so for them. They have no clue, they’re blindsided or whatever it maybe is, as most people are blindsided about things that come out in the media, and that’s the way it is. So I’d ask you all not to ask them questions about it and let it be a distraction to our team. As I don’t think it will. It won’t be a distraction to me.”

Of course, they won’t be “blindsided” by questions about Suh’s contract because everyone knows that the talks are being tabled until after the season, which in turn increases significantly the possibility that Suh won’t be a Lion come 2015.

It could be that Suh doesn’t want his teammates to be asked about the situation because he doesn’t want them talking about it, on or off the record. By not doing a new contract, Suh accounts for more than 16 percent of the team’s total cap space. That’s money that could have been spent on other guys at other positions of need, like cornerback. In a room full of players having the ability to talk to a reporter under the condition of anonymity, it’s inevitable that someone would say Suh is being greedy.

The high cap number increases the possibility that Suh will leave in 2015 because the Lions could force him to stay only via the franchise tag, which under the rules would entitle him to a 20-percent raise on his 2014 cap number. Which would give him more than $26 million for one more year.

He’s not worth that much, and the Lions won’t pay him that much. But every offer the Lions make necessarily will be compared to the $26 million he’d get under a franchise tag the team will never use. Which means that the only way to determine his actual value will be to let Suh negotiate with other teams. Which increases the probability that someone else will offer more than the Lions, or that Suh will choose to go to a team that offers as much or less.

That’s the bottom-line in this one. With the Lions as a practical matter unable to use the tag on Suh and unwilling to negotiate further until the 2014 season ends, why should Suh do a deal with Detroit until he knows what someone else will pay?

Along the way, Suh hopes that his teammates: (1) don’t realize it’s likely his last year in Detroit; and (2) won’t say negative things about him when asked about his contract or anything else about Suh, such as the report from earlier this year that Suh has been uncontrollable, a contention that his teammates previously denied because that’s what good teammates do. If/when Suh’s teammates realize he won’t be a teammate beyond 2014, he may no longer get the benefit of that specific provision in the unwritten rules of team sports.

eznark

Banned
Suh's not the dumb one. the Lions signed him to this contract to begin with. He just accepted it like ALL players would.

They have no clue, they’re blindsided or whatever it maybe is, as most people are blindsided about things that come out in the media, and that’s the way it is.

that's the quote of a dumb person who doesn't understand the words he is using

Dunno how thats trying to stir shit, it is what it is.

He would seriously be an idiot to sign an extension when the team has zero leverage.

To me, it's just laying out the possible reasons for wanting people to not ask about his contract situation, to the point where it's practically begging someone to ask.

I'm probably reading too much into it.

eznark

Banned
Why is that tag number $26m? Which defensive linemen are inflating his market?

But yeah, that's like the most even handed article Florio has ever written.

BigAT

The franchise tag number is the top 5 positional average OR a 20% increase of the player's previous salary, whichever is greater. The second option just rarely comes up because it is infrequently the bigger figure.

cajunator

Banned

Im just happy squee this morning cause Byrd is back in full pads practicing.
Sorries but I dont really give a hsit whats going on in Lions camp hehee.

bionic77

OK, so I couldn't take it any more and posted in the thread about IDF attacking the hospital and refugee camp.

Pray gata doesn't get me. If I do get done, always remember:

Fuck the Pats.
You are a great human being and everyone should aspire to everything this posts represents.

It is pretty embarrassing but I am learning more about the conflict in Gaza via GAF than via regular news sources. Also the IDF defense force is pretty pathetic. Sad how I see the same shit being parroted on American media every 10 minutes.

Suh's not the dumb one. the Lions signed him to this contract to begin with. He just accepted it like ALL players would.
Yeah I agree. You can't blame Suh for this. And he is obviously definitely leaving too.

The only interesting thing is how KAS is going to spin it.

And Jesus EZ @ those DOTA hours. How much longer before we find your homeless under a bridge with nothing but a laptop and a stolen mifi?

eznark

Banned
How do you know I'm not there already?

I play from 9 to midnight or so most nights. Doesn't seem too ridiculous to me. That'll decrease when Madden comes out. And hopefully Destiny will hold my interest.

AT yelled at me last night so I don't want to play ever again.

The franchise tag number is the top 5 positional average OR a 20% increase of the player's previous salary, whichever is greater. The second option just rarely comes up because it is infrequently the bigger figure.

I always forget about that part

Konka

Banned
Does anyone know how to notate on a resume when you work for a company that was bought out? Do you list the original name to the buyout date and then a new entry or just do it all as one.

eznark

Banned
Does anyone know how to notate on a resume when you work for a company that was bought out? Do you list the original name to the buyout date and then a new entry or just do it all as one.

Did you have a position change? If not, simply slash the company name. Happened to me and that's how I did it anyway.

Unless you have little work experience and need to pad it out then make two entries.

BigAT

How excited has Suh got to be right now that he is with an organization as incompetent as the Lions? The franchise tag is the bane of every NFL star that is finishing up their contract. How many teams could be stupid enough to build a poison pill AGAINST THEMSELVES into their player's contract?

cajunator

Banned
How excited has Suh got to be right now that he is with an organization as incompetent as the Lions? The franchise tag is the bane of every NFL star that is finishing up their contract. How many teams could be stupid enough to build a poison pill AGAINST THEMSELVES into their player's contract?

I was afraid the Saints would fuck up the Graham signing but they seem to be a lot more competent so deal got done.

bionic77

How do you know I'm not there already?

I play from 9 to midnight or so most nights. Doesn't seem too ridiculous to me. That'll decrease when Madden comes out. And hopefully Destiny will hold my interest.

AT yelled at me last night so I don't want to play ever again.

I always forget about that part
Because it only comes up for franchises that are run like the Lions.

Oh btw, can't wait to see the Steelers shit all over your team 2x this December!

Konka

Banned
Did you have a position change? If not, simply slash the company name. Happened to me and that's how I did it anyway.

Unless you have little work experience and need to pad it out then make two entries.

I had a position change that happened to coincide with the buyout but was planned before the buyout.

cajunator

Banned
Usually math is not something that people other than the Gata and the mutants who run the Lions have problems with.

To be fair though, how could the Lions have otherwise structured this contract?
Arent they hamstrung by the old rookie rules of#1 picks or whatever (Like the Rams with BRadford)

brentech

Kind of as eznark said.

If you did exactly all the same shit, then merge it.
If you took on new responsibilities and rolls, then split it. I'd write beside the old companies date that it was merged though, so it doesn't just look like company hopping.

Actually his more recent post is probably best answer. the (previous company) is a good solution

Konka

Banned
Company 2 (previously company 1) - Position 2 - Dates

Company 1 - Position 1 - Dates

Kind of as eznark said.

If you did exactly all the same shit, then merge it.
If you took on new responsibilities and rolls, then split it. I'd write beside the old companies date that it was merged though, so it doesn't just look like company hopping.

Great. Thanks.

eznark

Banned
Great. Thanks.

It's actually a good opportunity to talk about how you dealt with change, new people, adapted to new systems, etc. Highlight it where you can.

Actually his more recent post is probably best answer. the (previous company) is a good solution
You can really only get away with it if you have new roles/responsibilities otherwise you look like a padding asshole.

BigAT

To be fair though, how could the Lions have otherwise structured this contract?
Arent they hamstrung by the old rookie rules of#1 picks or whatever (Like the Rams with BRadford)

Don't listen to Kas. Yes, he had a big rookie deal but the Lions are truly screwed because they were desperate for cap space and they restructured his deal multiple times with absolutely no plan on how to handle the consequences when the future came.

Now Suh carries the highest cap number in the entire league next year, by more than $2 million over the next highest player.

Top Bottom