• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp 2014 |OT| - This is our year!

cajunator

Banned
Don't listen to Kas. Yes, he had a big rookie deal but the Lions are truly screwed because they were desperate for cap space and they restructured his deal multiple times with absolutely no plan on how to handle the consequences when the future came.

Now Suh carries the highest cap number in the entire league next year, by more than $2 million over the next highest player.

Oh they restructured it already? I thought that was the original signing. If so then yes the Lions are dumb as fuck.

Tom Penny

I've been told Walmart Ice Cream bars basically don't melt in the sun and it takes forever. Like hours. Someone test this alien food product.

brentech

Don't listen to Kas. Yes, he had a big rookie deal but the Lions are truly screwed because they were desperate for cap space and they restructured his deal multiple times with absolutely no plan on how to handle the consequences when the future came.

Now Suh carries the highest cap number in the entire league next year, by more than $2 million over the next highest player.

But look at how productive he is!
laugh.gif

BigAT

Oh they restructured it already? I thought that was the original signing. If so then yes the Lions are dumb as fuck.

I think they might have actually restructured him twice. Kind of hard to find concrete information on some of this stuff, but it looks like they did it in 2012 and again in 2013.

But look at how productive he is!
laugh.gif

Sometimes it's the price you pay for success. Sure, Flacco's contract isn't great, but it's the cost of a Super Bowl win.

Yes, Suh's contract situation is ugly, but it's the cost of a

temp090912-lions-vs-rams-gallery-3--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

cajunator

Banned
I think they might have actually restructured him twice. Kind of hard to find concrete information on some of this stuff, but it looks like they did it in 2012 and again in 2013.

Sometimes it's the price you pay for success. Sure, Flacco's contract isn't great, but it's the cost of a Super Bowl win.

Yes, Suh's contract situation is ugly, but it's the cost of a

temp090912-lions-vs-rams-gallery-3--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

wasnt that playoff game against the Saints?

bionic77

Yeah, Suh is dominant no doubt but he's not worth that cap hit.
Is he really that good?

When I see him he doesn't impress me that much on the field. He is not garbage like the defenders on the Steelers but I don't really remember him making any memorable plays recently the last few times I have seen him. Of course I don't watch a lot of Lion games either. The last one I saw was where the Suh led defense gave up a giant lead to the Steelers and then the Lions offense stopped playing for the last 3 quarters. Total team effort to lose and miss the playoffs.

brentech

Is he really that good?

When I see him he doesn't impress me that much on the field. He is not garbage like the defenders on the Steelers but I don't really remember him making any memorable plays recently the last few times I have seen him. Of course I don't watch a lot of Lion games either. The last one I saw was where the Suh led defense gave up a giant lead to the Steelers and then the Lions offense stopped playing for the last 3 quarters. Total team effort to lose and miss the playoffs.

He'll show something of what he's supposed to be every now and then, but he has no heart. That or the Lions removed it from him.

eznark

Banned
I'm about 2/3 of the way through book 7 and I don't get the hate. It's a better book in total than 6 so far. I guess people just remember the battle in book 6 and say "greatest ever" without remember how fucking tedious it was to get there. I liked how book 7 opened with telling the story of where everyone was during that pivotal moment.

Also, some cool shit is happening! More than just a lame ass lead up to another fight against a Chosen.

Thanks bros.

Suh definitely has the talent. I think Sapp said it best -
"I don't think the kid wants to learn," Sapp said Tuesday afternoon between Super Bowl Media Day sessions at the Prudential Center. "I haven't seen him go anywhere or develop anything. I saw him early in preseason, he threw out a couple moves but then he went right back to bull-rushing."

Watching Suh play he strikes me as a guy who was stronger than everybody his whole life. Almost everybody is freakish strong in the NFL though.

cajunator

Banned
Thanks bros.

Suh definitely has the talent. I think Sapp said it best -

Watching Suh play he strikes me as a guy who was stronger than everybody his whole life. Almost everybody is freakish strong in the NFL though.

it wasl ike when Reggie bush came to the NFL after being faster than everybody his whole life. the NFL is a wakeup call that a players best isnt usually good enough.

dionysus

Yaldog
I'm about 2/3 of the way through book 7 and I don't get the hate. It's a better book in total than 6 so far. I guess people just remember the battle in book 6 and say "greatest ever" without remember how fucking tedious it was to get there. I liked how book 7 opened with telling the story of where everyone was during that pivotal moment.

Also, some cool shit is happening! More than just a lame ass lead up to another fight against a Chosen.

Congratulations, here is book 8-10 as a reward!

dionysus

Yaldog
Aren't they all short?

Same length as the other ones I am pretty sure. So 900+ pages. Here is Egwene and some Aes Sedai doing some shit that doesn't matter and has really poor writing and no character development. Everyone tug some braids and insult men as sheepherders! Also Perrin also doing some inconsequential boring shit against enemies that are meaningless.

eznark

Banned
Same length as the other ones I am pretty sure. So 900+ pages.

Nah, 8-10 are all less than 30 hours. The first 6 books were all over 40. 7 is 33. So at least the really bad ones are only 25 hours apiece.

Book 8 seems like it's going to be all about the shanchen which seems rad.

Book 9 is the one I am dreading. For some reason it was recorded by a different production team and it sounds like hot ass.

You're just about to get to that meandering stage in the series. I think I gave up on book 8. I keep thinking I'll go back and finish it someday. I hear Sanderson does a good job of wrapping things up.

dionysus

Yaldog
Nah, 8-10 are all less than 30 hours. The first 6 books were all over 40. 7 is 33. So at least the really bad ones are only 25 hours apiece.

Book 8 seems like it's going to be all about the shanchen which seems rad.

Book 9 is the one I am dreading. For some reason it was recorded by a different production team and it sounds like hot ass.

You seem more forgiving than me. Those books all run together in my mind with the only thing to look forward to were Matt's POV chapters. Which I guess is what you mean by the Seanchan chapters. I like your never having read it in print spelling by the way.

eznark

Banned
^ I was messaging bob about it last night and realized I have no fucking clue how anything is spelled!

Nineve
Rand al'thor
L'ose Therin Tel'amon
Iguain

Just some guesses.

You're just about to get to that meandering stage in the series. I think I gave up on book 8. I keep thinking I'll go back and finish it someday. I hear Sanderson does a good job of wrapping things up.

That's fine. I read Martin, I'm sure I can put up with this.

BALLAH SHOT CALLAH DOLLAH DOLLAH TED YA'LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

BtuJXffIQAAYwUU.jpg:large

MechDX

Clowney was dominating in 1-on-1 drills, driving guys 5-10 yards into the backfield, almost picked up a TE and slammed him into the ground... I have no doubt that Jadeveon Clowney can succeed standing up/playing in space -- Willie McGinest at Texan training camp this morning with NFL AM

Should have taken Mack!

bionic77

I read that shit in the 90s bitch! Or whenever it came out.

Don't ask me to remember shit that happened before Gata was born.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Haha, for those wondering how the right tackle competition between Britt and Bowie was working out for the Seahawks...

...we just signed a veteran free agent right tackle. Eric Winston

Dragon

Banned
After reading some old articles about the true events and learning how absolutely fucked up they were, there was no way I was going to watch a Michael Bay comedic take on what happened.

They're long, but it's well worth taking the time to read them.

Pain & Gain Part 1
Pain & Gain Part 2
Pain & Gain Part 3

I hope you didn't watch 30 minutes or less, which is a comedy based on actual events as well. I thought it was kinda fucked up myself!

Dragon

Banned
^ I was messaging bob about it last night and realized I have no fucking clue how anything is spelled!

Nineve
Rand al'thor
L'ose Therin Tel'amon
Iguain

Just some guesses.

Lews Therin Telamon
Egwene (this one is weird)
Nynaeve (pretty sure Jordan got her from Guinevere considering her relationship with Lan)

And it's Seanchan. And book 8 is utter shit. Seriously you may be sorta hyped to deal with the Seanchan but they have some of the dumbest shit ever.

I thought Book 7 was rather awesome but that's because Mat is awesome in it. Guess what, he's not in book 8 at all!

eznark

Banned
Right now Nineve is the only thing I hate about the books.

I took it as analyst don't know what they are talking about, which I tend to agree with.

I wasn't in the heat last year either, ask Darkest how I did on projecting the Dolphins in 2013. I don't remember the record I said they'd have but I do remember quoting myself often for being so prescient.

bionic77

Shit I forgot we don't post about football...so anyone eat anything good recently?
Wife is making fried chicken later this week. Her fried chicken is so good it can bring a tear to your eye.

Been grilling a lot this summer. Made a lot of burgers and also grilled some sheesh kabobs (no idea how to spell this). Love those kabobs, the grilled veggies with spicy chicken are an amazing combo. Out of steaks. Our butcher died and his son gave us shitty steak meat (burger meat was better than ever though). Looking for a good replacement. Other than just having a nice steak, steaks on kebobs are even better than the chicken versions!

Fuck now I am hungry.

Jonathan Jones ‏@jjones9 1m
Tre Boston getting carted off. Head down as he heads back to locker room

Joe Person ‏@josephperson 50s
Boston being carted off the field. Just got back today from hernia.

Well...shit

Top Bottom