• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp 2014 |OT| - This is our year!

Only the first preseason game so there's not a whole lot to go on but...

- The offensive line looked much better overall than last year especially in the run game. I'd forgot what it was like to see holes for the RBs to run through.

- Matthews looked as good as advertised for a rookie

- Nice to see the offense get to the endzone at the end of a long drive. Too many times last year, those drives ended in us settling for field goals.

- Defense still needs work, specifically in coverage. It appeared on the long throw that Worrilow did not get enough depth in his zone. Run defense looked improved but that'll be tested next week versus the Texans.

- It was refreshing to see that the defense in the second half, comprised of a mix of rookies and guys trying to make the cut, play well. Normally it looks like we're fielding a high school defense in the second half of preseason games. Shembo making plays was very promising. We're going to need him to develop quickly with the loss of Weatherspoon.

- Freeman looks like he might become a stud. I would've liked to see what he can do with the first team. I assume that he still needs to work on pass pro before they are comfortable letting him run with the ones though.

G-L-C! G-L-C! G-L-C!
great-lakes-classic-trophy-winner-of-browns-vs-lions-preseason-game.jpg

755297079_1682431.gif

http://youtu.be/YOHsSHAWpFw

brentech

I feel like am awful human for loving this new Weird Al album

2. "Weird" Al Yankovic: Fans of the parody icon have started a petition for Yankovic to perform at halftime of Super Bowl XLIX in Arizona. Nearly 110,000 people had signed the petition by Friday. This is, by far, the greatest idea of all time.

HiResDes

I just wanna pop in here and say what everyone else has known since the draft. The small hands knock on Teddy Bridgewater was bullshit and he'll probably turn out to be leaps and bounds better than Manziel right from the get go. Teddy was shafted out of a top spot in the draft because of on mediocre day that supposedly suggested more about his capabilities than his entire college football career and hard statistics... The media seemed to want to push Manziel more because he's more marketable and he could potentially sell more product. It was all a sham.

eznark

Banned
I just wanna pop in here and say what everyone else has known since the draft. The small hands knock on Teddy Bridgewater was bullshit and he'll probably turn out to be leaps and bounds better than Manziel right from the get go. Teddy was shafted out of a top spot in the draft because of on mediocre day that supposedly suggested more about his capabilities than his entire college football career and hard statistics... The media seemed to want to push Manziel more because he's more marketable and he could potentially sell more product. It was all a sham.

Looked like shit yesterday

:kas post

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

Maybe you should wait till Teddy shows something or Manziel actually plays?

I think its really weird how people want to write guys off as busts even before they take a single preseason snap.

Drakeon

I'm legitimately excited to see a Browns preseason game. Whether manziel sucks or outperforms expectations, I want to see it. Hope he gets at least a quarter to throw it around.

ShaneB

I'm legitimately excited to see a Browns preseason game. Whether manziel sucks or outperforms expectations, I want to see it. Hope he gets at least a quarter to throw it around.

This is exactly what NFLN knows. We'll all be tuning in to see how he does.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

As of now the talk is Hoyer is going to get the first.

Manziel is going to get the second and probably some of the third.

It's kinda weird seeing people excited for a Browns game that aren't browns fans lol.
Just please I beg all of you be respectful towards my team tonight! PLS!

cajunator

Banned
It's kinda weird seeing people excited for a Browns game that aren't browns fans lol.
Just please I beg all of you be respectful towards my team tonight! PLS!

If my Saints were to just suddenly disappear without replacement, I would totally squicken to the Browns. They are my second favorite team. However I dont expect such a thing to ever happen. I wish your Browns the best though!

DMczaf

M. Glennon 11/19 140 1 0
J. McCown 2/4 20 0 1 2 fumbles 1 lost

...it's going to be a long season if Lovie sticks with his boy :(

Wes

venison crêpe
I want to see Manziel to get stuck underneath the American flag but emerge the otherside riding a Harley with fireworks coming off his back and cats chasing him.

MechDX

McNair says deal "has to make sense for us". Texans have Watt at $1.91M in '14, $6.97M in '15, tag in '16 likely ~ $13.5M. So 3 yrs, $22.4M.

Dat bargain!

Watt will never see the franchise tag though. IMO

I-O!
Well yeah. Everyone likes watching a wreck happen. Human nature.
Then ppl should watch the team with the worst record in the league last year! ;)
If my Saints were to just suddenly disappear without replacement, I would totally squicken to the Browns. They are my second favorite team. However I dont expect such a thing to ever happen. I wish your Browns the best though!
*hugs

Top Bottom