• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp 2014 |OT| - This is our year!

JABEE

UMounlq.jpg

Eagles-GAF bringing it this season!

BigAT

Holy fuck at the Tony Stewart news, that is one of the most fucked up sports stories ever.

I just watched the video of it. Really fucked up, plus an incredibly perplexing series of events.

Why the hell does the driver walk straight into the race? Why does Stewart run him down with little to no consideration for the fact that he's running over a human being at high speeds?

I just watched the video of it. Really fucked up, plus an incredibly perplexing series of events.

Why the hell does the driver walk straight into the race? Why does Stewart run him down with little to no consideration for the fact that he's running over a human being at high speeds?

Ward was pissed that Stewart took him into the wall. I am sure his crew let him know that there was a caution flag, so he figured it would be safe to walk onto the track and make a point. No way he could have known Stewart would speed up and swerve into him. I hope they throw the book at him but he is rich and famous so they probably wont.

BigAT

Ward was pissed that Stewart took him into the wall. I am sure his crew let him know that there was a caution flag, so he figured it would be safe to walk onto the track and make a point. No way he could have known Stewart would speed up and swerve into him. I hope they throw the book at him but he is rich and famous so they probably wont.

I've seen plenty of instances of guys getting spun out, getting out of their cars and being furious about it. But it seemed like this guy really just strutted out right into the middle of the race with complete abandon for his own safety. Really seemed like both guys were responsible in their own ways.

Just a horrible situation regardless though.

Draxal

I've seen plenty of instances of guys getting spun out, getting out of their cars and being furious about it. But it seemed like this guy really just strutted out right into the middle of the race with complete abandon for his own safety. Really seemed like both guys were responsible in their own ways.

Just a horrible situation regardless though.

They walk in but never to the extent Ward did. Adrenaline makes them do such stupid stuff.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Eagles-GAF bringing it this season!

Bringing what exactly?

A fraud/fad read option offense from college that is already disintegrating?

A fraud college coach who is an egomaniac and only cares about his reputation/spucial offense?

What are the Eagles bringing in a weak ass NFC East?

Not a damn thing. Leave the NFC for 3 teams from the NFC North, 2 from the West and 1 from the South.

Bringing what exactly?

A fraud college coach who is an egomaniac and only cares about his reputation/spucial offense?

Not a damn thing. Leave the NFC for 3 teams from the NFC North, 2 from the West and 1 from the South.

Even if 3 teams from the NFCN got in the sorry ass Lions wouldn't be one. Vikes, Bears, and Packers all lost QBS for significant portions of the season last year and the Lions still couldn't make the playoffs. One playoff win since 1953!!! jnc!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dragon

Banned
Bringing what exactly?

I think it's hilarious that you're talking shit when the Eagles were second in yards and fourth in points last year with the points you're making. What are the Lions excuse for that absolutely mediocre performance in both those categories? Could it be they have less balance than a fat man on a skateboard?

I admire your optimism kas and as much as we all make fun of you for it, I don't think any of us would want it any other way. But going out of your way to be a dick to any group of fans when you're so patently wrong is kinda absurd.

So Matt Flynn is Raiden, the real star of the show?

Rodgers will play the game of his life in Seattle on TNF, tearing the Legion of Boom apart with his agile moves and setting the tone that Green Bay is not to be fucked with.

Then he'll blow his knee out on the first play of scrimmage during week two, and Matt Rai-Flynn will take over and save America from the...well, the Patriots! Funny how that works out!

Bringing what exactly?

Who's the other two from the North besides the Packers?

Who's the other two from the North besides the Packers?

Bears are usually good for 8-10 wins, and Bridgewater and AP are looking to help the Vikes cause some disruption to the status quo.

Lions do have the best young quarterback who passed for 41 TDs and 5000 yards two seasons ago, though, so it's really anyone's division.

JABEE

Bringing what exactly?

kg1VfdL.gif

Mgqhzsk.jpg

ShadyTDRUn.gif

6a019aff7e1054970d01a511d60e05970c-800wi

m9G5RYS.gif

VIGAjf0.jpg

8hQmIUH.jpg

staffordface.gif

nTkRFc4.jpg

SsijHTq.jpg

w22lc36.jpg

That'll do, boys. That'll do.

forms

Europeans, is there anywhere (outside of the Game Pass client) where I can check the schedule against CET or similar?

minx

Jesus KAS. Can Stafford ever do any wrong? I'm a huge Bears fan but Damn, Cutler makes a lot of bone head throws. Some where you just sit in awe of what he saw on the field. Just say something negative about Stafford, it might feel good.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
When will Stafford get diabetes like Cutler?

Well at the rate he's cultivating mass, shouldn't be long.

Also we've learned that Rodgers may fuel his Super Bowl wins with high schooler ass. If young college girls fueled Ben to two wins, imagine what Rodgers will get by going younger? Three-peat bitches!!!

My understanding of the Gordon situation. The arbiters decision has to be either all or nothing. But thug goodell and the nfl can strike a settlement deal before a ruling.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Um......dude.
Read reports OD has no burst when going out in lanes, NONE.
Antonio. I liked Antonio but dude crick is an obvious upgrade and Pagan looks pretty good for a rookie.
manning? 33 year old safety coming off a second leg injury in 2 years at $6 million per year? Lewis and Clemmons are both younger and a lot cheaper while being on par (minimum) ability wise.

By those cuts along with Schaub gone they save nearly 20 million in cap space next year. release a combination of either Joseph/Foster/Myers after this season and we have nearly 40 million in cap space available.

You are thinking with your heart and not what is best financially. I liked all 3 of those guys as well but they are all pretty much done.
you miss understand, i dont care that they let them go, what i mean is they let many good players go without much in the way of replacing them. They got worse, objectively at every position, except maybe wide receiver and pass rusher(i know pass rusher isnt specifically a position) with the addition of Clowney. What good is a strong wide receiver core with one of the best wide receivers in the league with a QB that is known for throwing the ball to the other team? We saw this already, its called 2-14 last year.

By all accounts Crick isnt anything special when he's played the last few years. Manning was the leader of the secondary, and it showed big time when he was out hurt. But the most important position I dont feel they addressed at all, which is QB.
I love hearing the radio guys and fans say "oh bill is a quarterbacks guru" "if anyone can get something more out of fitzpatrick is bill" wait a minute here, this is the same shit fans and media said about Kubiak.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Well one of the two positives from that "game" last night:

giphy.gif

That tight end had no idea what he was doing there.

Clowney is going to be a beast though. I'm all aboard that hype train unlike you JFF fools.

Edit: We also have an ISIS defense force! Awesome.

Vyroxis

Banned
Bears are usually good for 8-10 wins, and Bridgewater and AP are looking to help the Vikes cause some disruption to the status quo.

Lions do have the best young quarterback who passed for 41 TDs and 5000 yards two seasons ago, though, so it's really anyone's division.

Eh, if anything Zimmer overhauling our defense is going to cause more disruption to the NFCN than just adding Bridgewater. People seem to love to overlook the fact that our offense last year, even with that QB circus we had going on thanks to fucking Frazier, was one of the better ones in the league. Our biggest problem was our defense shitting the bed repeatedly, letting the games get away from us.

MechDX

Brah that might cause her to have to do an HBO, CineMax or Starz show. So thank you.

So Savage looked that bad huh? Brah won the gf competiton outta the QBs.

Cant really say he looked like anything. he played two series I think and threw like 4 passes. Fitz played the entire first half.

the offense was a vacuum of suckage as a whole.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Eh, if anything Zimmer overhauling our defense is going to cause more disruption to the NFCN than just adding Bridgewater. People seem to love to overlook the fact that our offense last year, even with that QB circus we had going on thanks to fucking Frazier, was one of the better ones in the league. Our biggest problem was our defense shitting the bed repeatedly, letting the games get away from us.

I think balance gets restored in the North this season.

1. Packers
2/3. Toss up between Bears and Vikings
4. Lions

I think Bridgewater is the X factor. If he can manage some games, lean on AP, then I see no reason why the Vikings shouldn't be second and even nab a wild card spot.

Vyroxis

Banned
I think balance gets restored in the North this season.

1. Packers
2/3. Toss up between Bears and Vikings
4. Lions

I think Bridgewater is the X factor. If he can manage some games, lean on AP, then I see no reason why the Vikings shouldn't be second and even nab a wild card spot.

I actually don't see Bridgewater being the starter right away. I see Cassel getting the spot, and Bridgewater being put in to learn in games when the outcome is a given, or when the O-Line can't protect Cassel enough and Bridgewaters scrambling abilities are needed. Cassel is more than good enough with the receiver core we have to get the job done, but he is nowhere near as mobile as Teddy.

Vyroxis

Banned
That game would have been worth skipping your own wedding to watch. It was a complete circus, and the Lions were some grade A clowns.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Packers
Bears/Lions
Vikings

I don't know who has the more difficult schedule but I'd say the Bears are the #2

I'm not sure if I see the Lions as a better team than Minnesota or Chicago though.

Overall I think you're right about Chicago coming in second since they're the most "complete" team out of the three. I just think it's possible for Minnesota since Christian Ponder got that team to the playoffs only two seasons ago.

I have zero faith in Fatford since "force the ball to Calvin Johnson" is not a reliable offense.

Top Bottom