• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp 2014 |OT| - This is our year!

I thought this was the NFL thread, not the Fire Emblem thread.

besides we all know the best Fire Emblem girls aren't in Awakening anyway

cajunator

Banned
Whatever hope there was for Mech is lost my friend.

But I will agree with you because we need more optimistic Cajuns in the world.

This is what happens when you give animu nerds that kind of power (I love the games art and style btw). I am pretty sure every thread on FE: Awakening at some point is dominated by this weird fixation on the female characters. I usually take no issue with it, but it was like the least interesting part of the game for me. I like building relationships so they can fight better or whatever, but at times the mechanic got a bit annoying when you realized there was some scrub you never used and forgot to pair them with anyone.

The marriage stuff was also cheesy and awkward as hell lol. Like people are going to get married over eating pie, and pulling a wedding ring out of their ass. Wut.

Thankies buddy :)

And regarding fire emblem it even infected the Figurine thread cause one of the most commonly purchased figures was Tharja. I was one of the few that didnt buy it.

The Last of Us at 60ps....

iYl2h7bTuWFMi.gif

JABEE

This page makes me realize how useful the ignore feature is.

yeah come at, no fucks given. Seriously the blatant trolling and just non football related nonsense is getting ridiculous. Maybe we need to be NBA GAF'ed

You did this to yourself when you allied yourself with the enemy. (Patriots)

The one for GBA.

Is there one with no grinding?
Man, that's a shame. It's hard for me to comprehend how a fan of Advance Wars and RPG's could dislike FE.

There is no grinding in the vast majority of FE games, in fact it's usually not even an option. In the latest one you can grind as much as you want (similar to Final Fantasy Tactics if you've played that) but it's unnecessary.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Man, that's a shame. It's hard for me to comprehend how a fan of Advance Wars and RPG's could dislike FE. There is no grinding in the vast majority of FE games, in fact it's usually not even an option.
Advance Wars was pretty much a strategy puzzle game. FE made me mindlessly whack at enemies for stats and I've always hated that in RPGs.

Greg

aw man, I looked up a video of The Last of Us multiplayer

I don't know how I feel about whatever purchasing system they have in place, but the pacing of the combat looks amazing ahhhh

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
I'm not sure I follow you. You don't like RPG's where you gain EXP from combat? So like, every RPG ever?
I don't like RPGs where the only way to win is to ensure that I have ample EXP gained from mindlessly fighting. Sure, I've beaten multiple FF games, but I'd frequently run from fights because I couldn't be assed and got the no-encounter item when possible. This would then leave me significantly underlevelled, but that also makes boss battles more fun.

Apparently the guy who pissed on Modells grave is facing jail time. idiot WTF did he think would happen? Guy posts on the OBR and made a thread about it with the video. Smh

Tom Penny

I don't like RPGs where the only way to win is to ensure that I have ample EXP gained from mindlessly fighting. Sure, I've beaten multiple FF games, but I'd frequently run from fights because I couldn't be assed and got the no-encounter item when possible. This would then leave me significantly underlevelled, but that also makes boss battles more fun.

So you like Skyrim / Fallout auto scaling?

Levyne

Banned
Heyoo. I never find myself posting here in the offseason but football is about to start back up so here I am!

Go Bears! Let me practice

damnit Jay that was a bad idea
fuck why was [scapegoat defensive back] not in the right position!

Alright, and a Fire Emblem discussion too? Perfect.

The community thread is a bit slower than Awakening's OT2 but it's a little more waifu free (but obviously that's still a component). I recently acquired copies of the two GBA games and will probably get back into them at some point. Been waiting for VC but I ain't gonna live forever. My three favorite titles are probably FE GBA ("Blazing Sword"), Path of Radiance, and Genealogy of the Holy War. I generally don't enjoy the titles with the open map (Sacred Stones, Awakening). Being able to just use everyone (and in the later case, extensive reclassing) just doesn't seem needed to me. I'd rather have super solid chapter to chapter progression with limited exp. Casual mode or in chapter saves are fine.

bionic77

Just another example of, "stop going to gaming side."

Dude... This is the greatest idea I have ever heard in the history of mankind... Why would you even do this to me...
Gaming side is only good for news and pictures and videos. I can't handle the stupidity there anymore for everything else.

Meh, I tried Fire Emblem out once but always preferred Advance Wars.

Also, fucking hell is McCoy hurt again?
You have shitty taste.

FE is infinitely superior to Advance Wars.

Those GBA games are some of the best games I have ever played.

Fuck Nintendo for never releasing this shit before that!

The "mindless fighting" is just trying to clear the level, just like you would do in Advance Wars. The only difference is in FE EXP is another resource you have to manage, particularly in the older games where it is more or less a finite resource. It gives the characters a sense of progression from chapter to chapter that isn't present in AW which I think is pretty cool.

As far as RPG's go most FE games are balanced incredibly well. Not only do they not encourage grinding, they often don't allow it. If you see all combat involved with clearing a mission as grinding then I guess I can understand why it isn't for you, but I'd also say we have different definitions of the word "grinding."

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
The "mindless fighting" is just trying to clear the level, just like you would do in Advance Wars. The only difference is in FE EXP is another resource you have to manage, particularly in the older games where it is more or less a finite resource. It gives the characters a sense of progression from Chapter to Chapter that isn't present in AW which I think is pretty cool.

As far as RPG's go most FE games are balanced incredibly well. Not only do they not encourage grinding, they often don't allow it. If you see all combat involved with clearing a mission as grinding then I guess I can understand why it isn't for you, but I'd also say we have different definitions of the word "grinding."
Maybe this became more apparent after a while, but when I was poking around it completely failed to grab me.

Cleveland Browns

Another year, another group of new faces across the board.

Added a couple life journey, and offseason workout videos for the rookies. All of them 5 mins or less. Except for the Manziel one, with is a video after his freshman year training with Qb coach Whitfield. All good watches.

Offense

Coming of a league high in passing attempts, and the ignorance of our run game. browns have a new Offensive coordinator in Kyle shanahan. The New offensive scheme figures to take more advantage of the run game with Shananhans zone blocking concepts. The new offense should take advantage of play fakes, and run to set up the pass. Overall the Offense looks to be a more balanced attack.

Running Backs:
Key Additions: Ben Tate (FA) Terrance West ( 3rd round draft pick) Isaiah Crowell (Undfa)

A huge revamp at the running back position has happened since the end of the Season. Free Agent running Back Ben Tate appears as if he will enter the season as the starter. Already familiar with the zone blocking concepts and an impressive career yards per carry of 4.7. Tate's biggest concern will be his durability, never seems to be able to keep himself health.

Terrance West comes from the small School of Towson and has battled a lot of adversity in his journey to the league. West looks like a tank. He Has a noticeably more athletic build to himself then Tate. West Made some waves at the combine with his impressive workouts and game tape, definitely has a hype around him. Some National guys are already calling for home to beat out Tate. I'll slow down that train a bit by saying Wests biggest hurdle will be picking up pass blocking schemes, coming from a small school the jump to NFL will be a learning Curve. Tate's biggest advantage over west will be his understanding of pass blocking schemes and his understanding of the NFL zone scheme in general. West however is a Hard nosed north and south runner, who has also displayed great hands in camp thus far. West has Made multiple one handed catches and has caught the eye of the coaching staff.

Some Terrance west journey videos.
http://youtu.be/Y00w0W0RCBo

http://youtu.be/BlNfEyVJ1Sw

Battle for 3rd Rb spot
The 3rd Rb spot will come down to a battle between Dion Lewis, Isaiah Crowell, and Chris Ogbonnaya. It's totally possible that the team decides to keep 4 running backs however. To Me personally Dion Lewis is the odd man out. Lewis coming off injury and brought In by a former regime. I'm not sure how well Dion's running style will adapt to zone read schemes, Lewis projects more as scat back. Chris Ogbonnaya has a good chance of making this team because of his versatility. Ogy is a big back with great hands, and can be a pretty decent runner. Ogbonnaya has the versatility to play fullback also, people forget about him because of his fumbling issues the previous year. Isaiah Crowell was a former Georgia Bulldog, and was the sec freshman of the year over Jedureon Clowney. Dismissed from Georgia because of a Drug related arrest, he spent the rest of his college career at Alabama state. Many still believe he was one of the most talented backs in the draft, but he went undrafted because of character concerns. He's shown flashes during camp, and if he can keep his head straight has a great chance of making the team.

Browns spent a great amount of time and research on West and Crowell pre draft, and were able to acquire both. It appears the Rb competition will be an interesting one, and plenty of room for any of these guys to make an impact.

Projections: (1) Ben Tate (2) Terrance West (3) will come down to Crowell vs Ogbonnaya. Crowell has great potential and could potentially impact the run game in the near future. ogbonnaya has the versatility. Wouldn't be surprised if we keep 4 running backs. Special teams play could be the key in this battle

Oline:
Key additions: (draft 2nd round) Joel Bitonio ( FA ) paul mcquistan

Browns will have returning Starters Joe Thomas, Alex Mack, and Mitchell Schwartz across the line. Schwartz had a tough season last year after a tremendous rookie year. It'll be interesting to see if he can bounce back. It was revealed at the end of the season RT Schwartz dealed with an undisclosed injury all year. Qb play probably didn't help the productivity of the O line ethier. Both Guard spots will be up for grabs. Rookie Joel Bitonio a hard nosed run blocker should have the left guard spot on look. Right guard spot will be a battle between Veterans John Greco, Paul mcquistan, and 2nd year player Garret Gilkey. Mcquistan being able to play multiple spots appears as though he'll be more of a swing man along the line. The battle will come down to John Greco vs Gilkey. Greco hasn't fully participated since camp started, and Gilkey has been taking all the reps with the first team. Gilkey had a chance to display his talents late last season, and it would appear he has to inside track to start. Overall the line projects to be a solid unit

Projections: (LT) Thomas (LG) Bitonio (C) Mack (RG) Gilkey (RT) Schwartz

Wr:
Key additions: (FA) Nate Burleson (FA) Andrew Hawkins (FA) Miles Austin (FA) Anthony Armstrong (Undfa) Willie Snead (undfa) chandler Jones

Wr corps appears to be a barren group without Gordon, but I actually believe this is one of the better groups we've had at wr (sadly) recently. Andrew Hawkins a quick and shifty wr, projects to be good slot guy and a possible return man. He's not the biggest guy so it'll be interesting to see how the browns utilize him come game day ( one of my personal favorite addition). Anthony Armstrong has a familiarity with Shananhans offense and appears to still have a bit of speed, breaking off a couple long run and catches throughout the off season program. Miles Austin while being kept on a pitch count has appeared to once again be healthy and has shown flashes of his early Dallas days. Nate Burleson will have to keep himself healthy and still appears to have a bit of speed to him.

the Wr group will be one to watch, someone will emerge as a good to. I also expect new guys to be added as camp cuts get rolling. this will be a fluid group to watch before the seasons start.

TE:
Jordan Cameron had a break out year last season. He was able to get his route running down and stayed healthy for a complete season. I personally didn't buy into him until last season when he proved he could stay healthy. Cameron figures to be a main stable of the Offense and should be considered the number one receiver target. I expect the browns to utilize various two TE formations. Marques Gray a TE/FB hybrid figures to be the main other Tight end. Cameron looks to be in for a big payday if he produces this season.

QB:
Key additions: (draft 1st round) Johnny Manziel (FA) Tyler Thigpen (Undfa) Conner Shaw

Competition is brewing at every Qb spot. Manziel vs Hoyer for the 1-2 spots, and Thigpen vs Shaw for the number 3 spot.
As you can tell I'm a huge fan of Manziel. But I understand the transition from College to NFL will be a learning curve. Manziel displays great athleticism and improvisation. He's got a great arm that isn't talked about. He sometimes however tends to try and take to much from the defense and forces throws with can lead to Ints. Hes gotten away with a lot of throws In college that he won't get away with in the pros. Manziels biggest task will be mastering the playbook and not trying to do to much by himself. His ceiling is hard to project and what kind of an nfl Qb he'll be. I believe he'll eventually give us amazing plays but we will deal with a far share of turnovers. If I had to compare him to one player I would say Farve.

Hoyer is a multiple year vet of the NFL. I believe he will be the starter week one, unless Manziel really shows out in preseason. browns face some tough and exotic defenses right off the bat with could be though for a rookie. I believe the staff would like a vet like Hoyer to start off and bring Manziel our future Qb along slowly. I wouldn't be surprised to see some packages that involve Manziel incorporated like Alex smith and Kaep during Kaeps rookie year. Ultimately the competition will come down to who shows up during real game situations. Manziel could make up some ground as I believe he'll really show up well during game type situations.

The 3rd Qb spot will come down to Thigpen vs Shaw. Shaw was a pretty good college Qb that dealed with some injuries at South Carolina, but I personally am rooting for him to win a spot.

Manziel video http://youtu.be/HsJJSEDISbo

Drake http://youtu.be/k1wMP7oJeHE

Defense:
Browns defense on 3rd downs was atrocious last Season. I can partly attribute this to the linebacker play. And the ability of Former D coordinator Ray Horton to put certain guys in bad cover positions.

Cornerback
key additions: (draft) Justin Gilbert (draft) pierre desir (FA) isaiah trufant

Biggest addition is 1st round pick justin Gilbert. Gilbert a big strong physical guy in the mold of the new Nfl corners, eventually projects to beat out Buster Skrine as the 2nd corner back. This would push Skrine to a nickel role. Skrine has quietly become a pretty good corner in the league. He's progressed every year, but pushing him to a nickel role would be better suited for him. He's got the upside to become one of the better Nickels in the league. Mike Pettine seems to love depth at corner and has brought in various guys. I expect to see multiple corner sets this year.

corner pierre desir video, 4th round rookie pick http://youtu.be/THpN4bG07m0

Line backers:
Key additions: (FA) Karlos Dansby (draft) christian kirksey

3rd round Rookie pick Kirksey appears to be in a battle with Craig Robertson for a starting ILb spot. One of kirkseys biggest strengths is pass coverage, something that Craig Robertson struggled with in previous years. Kirksey has great sideline to sideline speed, I expect him to win the ILb spot opposite Dansby. Dansby graded out as one of the top Line backers last season, and is spectacular in pass coverage. Browns 3rd down defense should hopefully be greatly improved.

Starting Outside linebackers appear to be Kruger and Mingo. Mingo put on a few lbs, while not losing much speed. He's flashing so far in camp, and is picking up on pass coverage. Kruger had a solid year last season even though people might say he was a bust because of his low sack numbers. I expect Kruger to continue to be productive and his sack numbers to rise in the new scheme.

D Line

The D line has been a strength of the browns D for the past few years. jabaal sheard a solid and underrated player will be returning to his original DE spot, and will be playing less OLB this year. Sheard started out the previous season great before injury. I wouldn't be surprised if sheard led the team in sacks. A healthy Dez Bryant comes back for the team, and combined with the depth of Rubin, Taylor, billy Wynn, and a assortment of other players the line should boost another strong showing.

Wrap up:

I'm usually quite the realist and never really expect most of the browns seasons to amount to much. Last year I predicted we would be lucky to win 3-4 games. This year for once I expect to the browns to have a productive season with a winning record. No more hoping for good draft positions by me! Browns have a Qb I believe is the future. I'm in it to win it now!
DRAKE http://youtu.be/hmCULzWTs7I

Odell Beckham Jr. has already been ruled out for Sunday's game. He had a battery of tests yesterday that came back negative so he is just sitting and healing his problematic hamstring.

David Wilson walked off the field today with a neck burner. Hopefully its not serious but considering the neck injury he's recovering from, its worrying.

Konka

Banned
Cleveland Browns

Another year, another group of new faces across the board.

Added a couple life journey, and offseason workout videos for the rookies. All of them 5 mins or less. Except for the Manziel one, with is a video after his freshman year training with Qb coach Whitfield. All good watches.

Offense

Coming of a league high in passing attempts, and the ignorance of our run game. browns have a new Offensive coordinator in Kyle shanahan. The New offensive scheme figures to take more advantage of the run game with Shananhans zone blocking concepts. The new offense should take advantage of play fakes, and run to set up the pass. Overall the Offense looks to be a more balanced attack.

Running Backs:
Key Additions: Ben Tate (FA) Terrance West ( 3rd round draft pick) Isaiah Crowell (Undfa)

A huge revamp at the running back position has happened since the end of the Season. Free Agent running Back Ben Tate appears as if he will enter the season as the starter. Already familiar with the zone blocking concepts and an impressive career yards per carry of 4.7. Tate's biggest concern will be his durability, never seems to be able to keep himself health.

Terrance West comes from the small School of Towson and has battled a lot of adversity in his journey to the league. West looks like a tank. He Has a noticeably more athletic build to himself then Tate. West Made some waves at the combine with his impressive workouts and game tape, definitely has a hype around him. Some National guys are already calling for home to beat out Tate. I'll slow down that train a bit by saying Wests biggest hurdle will be picking up pass blocking schemes, coming from a small school the jump to NFL will be a learning Curve. Tate's biggest advantage over west will be his understanding of pass blocking schemes and his understanding of the NFL zone scheme in general. West however is a Hard nosed north and south runner, who has also displayed great hands in camp thus far. West has Made multiple one handed catches and has caught the eye of the coaching staff.

Some Terrance west journey videos.
http://youtu.be/Y00w0W0RCBo

http://youtu.be/BlNfEyVJ1Sw

Battle for 3rd Rb spot
The 3rd Rb spot will come down to a battle between Dion Lewis, Isaiah Crowell, and Chris Ogbonnaya. It's totally possible that the team decides to keep 4 running backs however. To Me personally Dion Lewis is the odd man out. Lewis coming off injury and brought In by a former regime. I'm not sure how well Dion's running style will adapt to zone read schemes, Lewis projects more as scat back. Chris Ogbonnaya has a good chance of making this team because of his versatility. Ogy is a big back with great hands, and can be a pretty decent runner. Ogbonnaya has the versatility to play fullback also, people forget about him because of his fumbling issues the previous year. Isaiah Crowell was a former Georgia Bulldog, and was the sec freshman of the year over Jedureon Clowney. Dismissed from Georgia because of a Drug related arrest, he spent the rest of his college career at Alabama state. Many still believe he was one of the most talented backs in the draft, but he went undrafted because of character concerns. He's shown flashes during camp, and if he can keep his head straight has a great chance of making the team.

Browns spent a great amount of time and research on West and Crowell pre draft, and were able to acquire both. It appears the Rb competition will be an interesting one, and plenty of room for any of these guys to make an impact.

Projections: (1) Ben Tate (2) Terrance West (3) will come down to Crowell vs Ogbonnaya. Crowell has great potential and could potentially impact the run game in the near future. ogbonnaya has the versatility. Wouldn't be surprised if we keep 4 running backs. Special teams play could be the key in this battle

Oline:
Key additions: (draft 2nd round) Joel Bitonio ( FA ) paul mcquistan

Browns will have returning Starters Joe Thomas, Alex Mack, and Mitchell Schwartz across the line. Schwartz had a tough season last year after a tremendous rookie year. It'll be interesting to see if he can bounce back. It was revealed at the end of the season RT Schwartz dealed with an undisclosed injury all year. Qb play probably didn't help the productivity of the O line ethier. Both Guard spots will be up for grabs. Rookie Joel Bitonio a hard nosed run blocker should have the left guard spot on look. Right guard spot will be a battle between Veterans John Greco, Paul mcquistan, and 2nd year player Garret Gilkey. Mcquistan being able to play multiple spots appears as though he'll be more of a swing man along the line. The battle will come down to John Greco vs Gilkey. Greco hasn't fully participated since camp started, and Gilkey has been taking all the reps with the first team. Gilkey had a chance to display his talents late last season, and it would appear he has to inside track to start. Overall the line projects to be a solid unit

Projections: (LT) Thomas (LG) Bitonio (C) Mack (RG) Gilkey (RT) Schwartz

Wr:
Key additions: (FA) Nate Burleson (FA) Andrew Hawkins (FA) Miles Austin (FA) Anthony Armstrong (Undfa) Willie Snead (undfa) chandler Jones

Wr corps appears to be a barren group without Gordon, but I actually believe this is one of the better groups we've had at wr (sadly) recently. Andrew Hawkins a quick and shifty wr, projects to be good slot guy and a possible return man. He's not the biggest guy so it'll be interesting to see how the browns utilize him come game day ( one of my personal favorite addition). Anthony Armstrong has a familiarity with Shananhans offense and appears to still have a bit of speed, breaking off a couple long run and catches throughout the off season program. Miles Austin while being kept on a pitch count has appeared to once again be healthy and has shown flashes of his early Dallas days. Nate Burleson will have to keep himself healthy and still appears to have a bit of speed to him.

the Wr group will be one to watch, someone will emerge as a good to. I also expect new guys to be added as camp cuts get rolling. this will be a fluid group to watch before the seasons start.

TE:
Jordan Cameron had a break out year last season. He was able to get his route running down and stayed healthy for a complete season. I personally didn't buy into him until last season when he proved he could stay healthy. Cameron figures to be a main stable of the Offense and should be considered the number one receiver target. I expect the browns to utilize various two TE formations. Marques Gray a TE/FB hybrid figures to be the main other Tight end. Cameron looks to be in for a big payday if he produces this season.

QB:
Key additions: (draft 1st round) Johnny Manziel (FA) Tyler Thigpen (Undfa) Conner Shaw

Competition is brewing at every Qb spot. Manziel vs Hoyer for the 1-2 spots, and Thigpen vs Shaw for the number 3 spot.
As you can tell I'm a huge fan of Manziel. But I understand the transition from College to NFL will be a learning curve. Manziel displays great athleticism and improvisation. He's got a great arm that isn't talked about. He sometimes however tends to try and take to much from the defense and forces throws with can lead to Ints. Hes gotten away with a lot of throws In college that he won't get away with in the pros. Manziels biggest task will be mastering the playbook and not trying to do to much by himself. His ceiling is hard to project and what kind of an nfl Qb he'll be. I believe he'll eventually give us amazing plays but we will deal with a far share of turnovers. If I had to compare him to one player I would say Farve.

Hoyer is a multiple year vet of the NFL. I believe he will be the starter week one, unless Manziel really shows out in preseason. browns face some tough and exotic defenses right off the bat with could be though for a rookie. I believe the staff would like a vet like Hoyer to start off and bring Manziel our future Qb along slowly. I wouldn't be surprised to see some packages that involve Manziel incorporated like Alex smith and Kaep during Kaeps rookie year. Ultimately the competition will come down to who shows up during real game situations. Manziel could make up some ground as I believe he'll really show up well during game type situations.

The 3rd Qb spot will come down to Thigpen vs Shaw. Shaw was a pretty good college Qb that dealed with some injuries at South Carolina, but I personally am rooting for him to win a spot.

Manziel video http://youtu.be/HsJJSEDISbo

Drake http://youtu.be/k1wMP7oJeHE

Defense:
Browns defense on 3rd downs was atrocious last Season. I can partly attribute this to the linebacker play. And the ability of Former D coordinator Ray Horton to put certain guys in bad cover positions.

Cornerback
key additions: (draft) Justin Gilbert (draft) pierre desir (FA) isaiah trufant

Biggest addition is 1st round pick justin Gilbert. Gilbert a big strong physical guy in the mold of the new Nfl corners, eventually projects to beat out Buster Skrine as the 2nd corner back. This would push Skrine to a nickel role. Skrine has quietly become a pretty good corner in the league. He's progressed every year, but pushing him to a nickel role would be better suited for him. He's got the upside to become one of the better Nickels in the league. Mike Pettine seems to love depth at corner and has brought in various guys. I expect to see multiple corner sets this year.

corner pierre desir video, 4th round rookie pick http://youtu.be/THpN4bG07m0

Line backers:
Key additions: (FA) Karlos Dansby (draft) christian kirksey

3rd round Rookie pick Kirksey appears to be in a battle with Craig Robertson for a starting ILb spot. One of kirkseys biggest strengths is pass coverage, something that Craig Robertson struggled with in previous years. Kirksey has great sideline to sideline speed, I expect him to win the ILb spot opposite Dansby. Dansby graded out as one of the top Line backers last season, and is spectacular in pass coverage. Browns 3rd down defense should hopefully be greatly improved.

Starting Outside linebackers appear to be Kruger and Mingo. Mingo put on a few lbs, while not losing much speed. He's flashing so far in camp, and is picking up on pass coverage. Kruger had a solid year last season even though people might say he was a bust because of his low sack numbers. I expect Kruger to continue to be productive and his sack numbers to rise in the new scheme.

D Line

The D line has been a strength of the browns D for the past few years. jabaal sheard a solid and underrated player will be returning to his original DE spot, and will be playing less OLB this year. Sheard started out the previous season great before injury. I wouldn't be surprised if sheard led the team in sacks. A healthy Dez Bryant comes back for the team, and combined with the depth of Rubin, Taylor, billy Wynn, and a assortment of other players the line should boost another strong showing.

Wrap up:

I'm usually quite the realist and never really expect most of the browns seasons to amount to much. Last year I predicted we would be lucky to win 3-4 games. This year for once I expect to the browns to have a productive season with a winning record. No more hoping for good draft positions by me! Browns have a Qb I believe is the future. I'm in it to win it now!
DRAKE http://youtu.be/hmCULzWTs7I

Great read friend!

Draxal

Heyoo. I never find myself posting here in the offseason but football is about to start back up so here I am!

Go Bears! Let me practice

damnit Jay that was a bad idea
fuck why was [scapegoat defensive back] not in the right position!

Alright, and a Fire Emblem discussion too? Perfect.

The community thread is a bit slower than Awakening's OT2 but it's a little more waifu free (but obviously that's still a component). I recently acquired copies of the two GBA games and will probably get back into them at some point. Been waiting for VC but I ain't gonna live forever. My three favorite titles are probably FE GBA ("Blazing Sword"), Path of Radiance, and Genealogy of the Holy War. I generally don't enjoy the titles with the open map (Sacred Stones, Awakening). Being able to just use everyone (and in the later case, extensive reclassing) just doesn't seem needed to me. I'd rather have super solid chapter to chapter progression with limited exp. Casual mode or in chapter saves are fine.

Truth be told I never understood that complaint about Awakening and Sacred Stones, the grinding is optional just like grinding in the coliseum in the older games was optional as well.

I didn't like PoR, but that was because of how god awful the engine was (the game was so freaking slow, give me fast paced strategy games that you can skip the plot every day of the week).

And on football talk, I should have went to Giants camp today but fatcesa was there so I didn't want to.

Maybe this became more apparent after a while, but when I was poking around it completely failed to grab me.

The tutorial for Fe7 (lyn's line) was a very slow Nintendo tutorial (although not as bad as the recent as Mario and Luigi on the 3ds one).

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
I gotcha. You should give another one a shot someday if you're bored. It's going to be a long wait until the next Advance Wars!
Haha, to be clear, FE and AW are just games I consider close to each other.

What really sucks is not having another mainline Valkyrie Profile to play, and more recently Alundra left a gaping chasm in my soul when I beat it. I was literally not in the mood to play anything for a few days, because I wanted to be playing more.

Tamanon

Banned
I'm starting to like Andre Reed more.

“Who the fuck is Johnny Manziel?” Reed asked. “LeBron ain’t your guy! You’re not ‘Johnny Football.’ You’re ‘Johnny Rookie Bitch.’ ” Reed said he didn’t think a blue-collar town like Buffalo, which he thought wears an even truer shade of denim than Cleveland, would stand for Manziel’s antics. “They’d boo that motherfucker outta here,” he said. “The fans would put him in his place.”

LOL

Nice write-up, BG. Same to you, Doomsayer.

Even though I have burned my bridges with BG and all of Manziel-GAF I still wish the best for my Browns-bros. See you in the AFCCG.

aw man, I looked up a video of The Last of Us multiplayer

I don't know how I feel about whatever purchasing system they have in place, but the pacing of the combat looks amazing ahhhh
Buy it, I'll play with you!

:jnc

that's just cruel man
Yeaaaah, poor Advance Wars. I do hope IS gets to make another one someday.

Haha, to be clear, FE and AW are just games I consider close to each other.

What really sucks is not having another mainline Valkyrie Profile to play, and more recently Alundra left a gaping chasm in my soul when I beat it. I was literally not in the mood to play anything for a few days, because I wanted to be playing more.
That's the same feeling I always have when I finish a Souls game...

Top Bottom