• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp 2014 |OT| - This is our year!

Levyne

Banned
Thanks for the write up BG!! All those drake songs!!

peyton-manning-dancing.gif

I hadn't seen this, lol

Bears a fucking terrible... pls die

Welcome to the thread! :D

I've posted during the season but I change avatars (and names too, once) and not often so I don't expect anyone to know me.

Except ShaneB,

you weirdo

I hadn't seen this, lol

I've posted during the season but I change avatars (and names too, once) and not often so I don't expect anyone to know me.

Except ShaneB,

you weirdo

You post too much in the Fire Emblem thread for me NOT to know you :p

Bears suck

GQman2121

Banned
Is the ovation for Rice any different/worse than how Ben was received by supporters after sexual assaults 1.0 and 1.1?

The average fan who listens to the news and watches ESPN doesn't give a shit about how players behave on their own time. Leonard Little killed someone, received something like 6 games and no one gave a shit. It's a shame, but that's just how it is.

Ross Tucker @RossTuckerNFL
Based on @ProFootballTalk report if proposed "HGH Testing in exchange for higher pot thresholds" had gone thru J Gordon wouldn't miss a gam
FREE GORDON! My man Haslam was set free. FREE ALL THE BROWNS!

Is the ovation for Rice any different/worse than how Ben was received by supporters after sexual assaults 1.0 and 1.1?

The average fan who listens to the news and watches ESPN doesn't give a shit about how players behave on their own time. Leonard Little killed someone, received something like 6 games and no one gave a shit. It's a shame, but that's just how it is.

I think it's all exacerbated by the short suspension. That brought it back into the forefront in a negative way. While it's his fault it happened, it's not his fault the NFL went light, thus enraging many.

eznark

Banned
I think it's all exacerbated by the short suspension. That brought it back into the forefront in a negative way. While it's his fault it happened, it's not his fault the NFL went light, this enraging many.

It's on video, that's why its so much bigger an issue. There is no doubt that Ray Rice beat his wife unconscious then dragged her limp body through a hotel hallway.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

There was no video of Ben knocking out a woman.

bionic77

:lol

They caught Ray Rice in fucking tape.

Ben was never even arrested or charged with a crime.

Also most Steeler fans have come out and said that Ben is a total scumbag. After the rape allegations came out it wasn't like he got a standing ovation. The team considered trading him and a lot of fans called for it as well. In Baltimore Rice was caught red handed (that is just a saying, not a description of the color of his hands after he KOed his wife) and the response of the fans was to give him a standing O.

C'MON MAN!

I feel bad for David Wilson. That has to be terrifying

Me too, it bums me out so much seeing what has happened to him in the pros. I loved watching him in college, he was an absolute stud.

It sucks. Reese hedge his bets though. He brought in Jennings and drafted Williams for a reason. I hope its minor and he can get on the field this season for us. His health is far more important though. Neck injuries aren't something to be trifled with. Much less spinal fusion surgery for a running back.

There was no video of Ben knocking out a woman.

There's no video of Donte Stallworth or Leonard Little, but there is blood on their hands.

And I think people have a short memory.....Ben was really layed into that offseason, and continues to be called a rapist many places, such as here. But wasn't that like 5 years ago now? Ray's gonig to get it for a while, but the memory will fade.

eznark

Banned
There's no video of Donte Stallworth or Leonard Little, but there is blood on their hands.

And I think people have a short memory.....Ben was really layed into that offseason, and continues to be called a rapist many places, such as here. Ray's gonig to get it for a while, but the memory will fade.

The memory will fade because he is a shitty running back now so no one will care.

cdyhybrid

Anthony McCoy carted off with an Achilles injury. He missed all last season with the same injury, but apparently today's was on the other foot. They said it appears serious.

What a bummer.

Also, apparently Earl Thomas would get first crack at returning punts right now.

Dragon

Banned

And I think people have a short memory.....Ben was really layed into that offseason, and continues to be called a rapist many places, such as here. But wasn't that like 5 years ago now? Ray's gonig to get it for a while, but the memory will fade.

Blarry, I love you bro, but all you're doing is trying to justify an ovation for a fucking scumbag. Do yourself a favor and accept he's on the team while acknowledging he's a scumbag. ESPN may have forgotten that Ray Lewis was a scumbag too but us fans won't!

Bread

Banned
There's no camera footage or evidence of Hernandez doing anything bad besides playing hide and seek with his weapons. Nothing illegal about that.

I'd give him a standing ovation!

bionic77

Are you defending Ray Ray kicking the shit out of his wife? Because that is what it sounds like to me...

Let it go BLarry.

Just concede that he is a criminal scumbag and that is what your franchise is about.

When is the last time you heard me say that Ben was not a scumbag btw? He is an amazing football player but you are a fool or a pimp if you let your fat and drunken daughter be alone in a room with him. And that for a guy who there is no evidence raped anyone.

They caught your boy on tape. No defense for that. Not even Ray Lewis could stab his way out of that one.

Doomsayer

Good job on the write ups, TDR and BG. I really do love reading these and seeing outside perspectives on other teams. The Giants one was incredibly in depth, Future, you always do a great job.

I was reading over the one I did last year and I found this part kind of funny.

Marcus Cooper is a bit of a sleeper to make the roster, he possesses size (6’2 192) and speed (4.4 40 yard dash), but he is extremely raw. If the 49ers can develop his technique he can be a very, very good cornerback in the NFL.

Cooper was great against every QB that wasn't Peyton Manning... don't mind if I pat myself on the back a bit.

Are you defending Ray Ray kicking the shit out of his wife? Because that is what it sounds like to me...

Let it go BLarry.

Just concede that he is a criminal scumbag and that is what your franchise is about.

When is the last time you heard me say that Ben was not a scumbag btw? He is an amazing football player but you are a fool or a pimp if you let your fat and drunken daughter be alone in a room with him. And that for a guy who there is no evidence raped anyone.

They caught your boy on tape. No defense for that. Not even Ray Lewis could stab his way out of that one.

Not defending at all. More of speaking to GQ's question about why people care so much vs Ben.

It's fresh, but they'll forget.

bionic77

Not defending at all. More of speaking to GQ's question about why people care so much vs Ben.

It's fresh, but they'll forget.
Everywhere Ben goes he is called the "rapist".

That happened like 4 years ago.

We still make fun of Ray Lewis murdering people. That happened 14 years ago.

People ain't forgetting shit.

ez is right. The only way people are going to forget is to suck.

Top Bottom