• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp 2014 |OT| - This is our year!

Syrinx

Amazon has Super Mario 3D World on sale for less than $50. I don't have a Wii U but I'm still pondering getting this since I plan on getting one one day anyway.

After my first Fractions match....
ivPdbFOZPyIOb.gif
Haven't tried multi yet, trying to get comfortable with the controls in single first. Not to far

BigAT

Brutal. Neck injuries are so scary.

Seems like the Giants were as cautious as possible getting him back on the field, I don't think there's anything else they could have really done.

Second day in a row of reports that Eric Ebron is having multiple drops during 7-on7 and 1-on1 drills.

The more I read about Ebron before the draft the more I didn't want the Giants to take him at #12 (thankfully the Lions prevented it from even being a possibility). I'm a believer that drops can't really be coached out if it's still a problem this deep in someone's football career. The whole idea that it's simply a matter of concentration that can be corrected or that no coach tried to teach him how to catch always rang false to me.

cajunator

Banned
Brutal. Neck injuries are so scary.

Seems like the Giants were as cautious as possible getting him back on the field, I don't think there's anything else they could have really done.

The more I read about Ebron before the draft the more I didn't want the Giants to take him at #12 (thankfully the Lions prevented it from even being a possibility). I'm a believer that drops can't really be coached out if it's still a problem this deep in someone's football career. The whole idea that it's simply a matter of concentration that can be corrected or that no coach tried to teach him how to catch always rang false to me.

Devery Henderson used to be called stonehands but later in his career he fixed whatever problem he had and became a pretty reliable deep threat. I dont think its too late but maybe he is not usdd to catching sidearm passes either.

BigAT

Devery Henderson used to be called stonehands but later in his career he fixed whatever problem he had and became a pretty reliable deep threat. I dont think its too late but maybe he is not usdd to catching sidearm passes either.

I don't think it's completely impossible for someone to turn it around. I just think a lot of times people are far too dismissive, especially when evaluating draft prospects, when it comes to players with drop problems, as though it's something easily correctable at the next level.

cajunator

Banned
I don't think it's completely impossible for someone to turn it around. I just think a lot of times people are far too dismissive, especially when evaluating draft prospects, when it comes to players with drop problems, as though it's something easily correctable at the next level.

Devery did have Brees and a very good WR coach to learn from. He ended up with a ring. Several Louisiana guys did. Im so squee about that and probably will be forever.

LA's like Vegas: it's not that I don't believe they want an NFL team there, it's that the longer it goes without happening, the less likely it looks to ever become reality.

squicken

Goodell and the other NFL owners don't want them there.

Like mech said, JJ and Bob would fight that kind of relocation, but money heals all wounds. I agree it is just leverage. League is desperate to have a viable market to threaten cities with. Right now SD, OAK and STL all can leave but have no place to go

MechDX

Goodell and the other NFL owners don't want them there.

Why I feel this whole San Antonio thing is a ploy, "Build me a stadium in LA or Ill go to SA!". His dad proved the league can not stop him if he wants to move. the league would be pissed but there isn't really a damn thing they can do about it.

jakncoke

Banned
But even if San Antonio ponies up an enticing deal and Davis ultimately decides to relocate here, the two sides would still face an uphill battle. San Antonio only ranks in the mid-30s in the nation's top television markets and NFL owners — including the Dallas Cowboys and the Houston Texans — would have to vote on the deal. And whether the NFL would allow the team to leave the sixth largest media market for the 37th remains unclear.

Any team desiring to relocate would need the blessing of 24 of the league's 32 owners. Greg Aiello, the NFL's senior vice president of communications, had little to say on a potential Raiders relocation.

Color me shocked that Oakland is the 6th largest media market or are they combining oak/san fran/san jose?

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Added bg's and Doomsayer's what to watch for's to the op. Still lots of teams to choose from! Remember that you don't have to write 3000 words if you don't want to.

Bowser

Whichever nimrod is the big NC fan, Grover I think, is gonna be so mad at you. EBRON IS INFALLIBLE was the response I got when I said he looked lazy in their bowl game.

I'm the UNC guy (and not a nimrod you ass!). Honestly, I'm not surprised by those reports. If there was one thing about Ebron that was a drawback (besides his blocking but honestly he's more of a WR than a TE so I doubt anyone was drafting him for that anyway) was the fact that he suffers from a case of the dropsies a lot. He'll drop at least one a game.

I'm the UNC guy (and not a nimrod you ass!). Honestly, I'm not surprised by those reports. If there was one thing about Ebron that was a drawback (besides his blocking but honestly he's more of a WR than a TE so I doubt anyone was drafting him for that anyway) was the fact that he suffers from a case of the dropsies a lot. He'll drop at least one a game.

Here comes Kas

BLUE IS THE COLOR! FOOTBALL IS THE GAME!

WE'RE ALL TOGETHER! AND WINNING IS OUR AIM!

SO CHEER US ON THROUGH THE SUN AND THE RAIN!

CAUSE CHELSEA! CHELSEA IS OUR NAME!

Hello my fellow Chelsea fan, I didn't know you posted here!

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
San Antonio could use an NFL team....that's a decent sized market out there.

I think Jerry gave his blessing for a team there a long time ago....not sure about Bob McNair but San Antonio isn't really a Houston market even though it's only two hours away.

Edit: San Antonio done right could also include Austin so yeah....big market.

Top Bottom