• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp 2014 |OT| - This is our year!

Bread

Banned
hey mech

just traded ass creed and battlefield towards diablo, got $46.

paid $10 for ass creed
have battlefield with EA access

suck it konka!

dionysus

Yaldog
Today is a good day. Wife is on vacation with both kids so now all those PC components I have been hiding at the office can come home and get installed with her being none the wiser how much I spent.

The computer is about to be a beast and I am going to play some demanding games like LoL, Divinity: Original Sin, and EUIV at infinite fps.

bionic77

How much are you guys paying for health insurance?

I pay $13.76 a month. That includes vision, dental, and life.
Out of my actual pay check?

Nothing. The firm insures me, my wife and my kids with full insurance dental and vision. No idea what we actually pay in a normal year with co-pays and deductibles (I think ours is $1,500 but this shit changes so often I can never remember). Obviously though whatever they are spending on my benefits results in less cash for the firm and potentially less of a salary for me.

The benefits are nice but I wish we had better benefits regarding retirement. That is almost entirely funded by myself. I get jealous at those federal employees who will get like 70% of their paycheck after like 20 years at the job. That would be fucking awesome. Best perk I ever heard of.

Speaking of life insurance, you healthy kids should try and lock down a nice premium while you are in your 20s. Pretty sure all of you bastards are going to die.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I'm not sure if its dollar for dollar.

Employer Contribution

The Company contribution amount for eligible employees is based on Whole Years of Company Seniority as of the Last Day of the Plan Year, as indicated in the table below:

If your Whole Years of Company Seniority as of the Last Day of that Plan Year are: Then Your Deposit Percentage for that Plan Year is:
0-4 5%

Without seeing more detail, that could mean 5% of every dollar or 5% of your total wages put into retirement.

Out of my actual pay check?

Nothing. The firm insures me, my wife and my kids with full insurance dental and vision. No idea what we actually pay in a normal year with co-pays and deductibles (I think ours is $1,500 but this shit changes so often I can never remember). Obviously though whatever they are spending on my benefits results in less cash for the firm and potentially less of a salary for me.

The benefits are nice but I wish we had better benefits regarding retirement. That is almost entirely funded by myself. I get jealous at those federal employees who will get like 70% of their paycheck after like 20 years at the job. That would be fucking awesome. Best perk I ever heard of.

Speaking of life insurance, you healthy kids should try and lock down a nice premium while you are in your 20s. Pretty sure all of you bastards are going to die.

I have one of those government jobs where we get 75% of our annual salary once we meet the rule of "80" which is age + tenure. The kicker is that now we have to work until we're 65 or else we get our pension reduced by 5% for each year we retire early (up to a max of 25%). Most people retire in their early 50s in my job field because of all the ridiculous amounts of travel.... New hires are screwed even more because now there is no 5% reduction cap. If you retire at 55, you're only getting half your pension. Also we get paid a reasonable amount but it's not as much as people make in private accounting or auditing, especially in Houston. So there are trade offs.

I pay about $50 per month for my insurance, covers everything and it's the most expensive plan kaiser offered, but my company pays 75% of it so that's what I went with lol

MRSA

Banned

Gonna try and get into a VA hospital or Kaiser when I get some experience. Kaiser has the same perks as federal jobs. Full health benefits after 10yrs, full pension after 20yrs.

You wanna know who's pension is crazy insane/unsubstainable? USPS workers, those fuckers are literally leaches.

Fire/Police here in California have it amazing too, 92% of your average final 5 years of pay is what you'll get once retired. People wonder why the state is broke.

Crisco

Banned
This "Huddle Up with Cam Newton" series produced by Under Armour is great. Episode 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcYGCax--5Q

All kinds of good Panthers erotica today.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/135309/benjamin-is-the-star-of-panthers-camp

Benjamin opened camp with a spectacular leaping catch, stole the show in the preseason opener against Buffalo with an awkward-but-acrobatic diving 29-yard touchdown catch and ended camp with a leaping touchdown catch over the middle with two defenders draped on him.

JABEE

Tom Curran from CSNNE is praising the Eagles offense and defense against the Pats during open practice. He said the Eagles corners were swarming.

He said Foles has looked a lot better than RG3 who he called "scattershot."

eznark

Banned
...Have you used PS Now? I get being skeptical but man if you haven't used it, it's kinda a shitty attitude to have.

What game did you try? I looked at it just to see how poorly it would run for me and couldn't find anything even worth the $2 or whatever.

Dragon

Banned
What game did you try? I looked at it just to see how poorly it would run for me and couldn't find anything even worth the $2 or whatever.

Just Cause 2. Used it at home on my 50/5 connection and it was hard to distinguish. Brought it to my friends who has a much shittier router and there was one period, for about a half a minute where it seems like the controls were delayed.

The more important thing you bring up, is the games library is currently pretty shit. No reason to use it if it doesn't have interesting games. There is literally one first party Sony game there and that's Twisted Metal.

GloriousBlandCaterpillar.gif

if Dota was a racing game, I'd be world champion
Pfft, tapping the brakes to correct for oversteer out of a corner? Amateur hour!

MRSA

Banned
I have one of those government jobs where we get 75% of our annual salary once we meet the rule of "80" which is age + tenure. The kicker is that now we have to work until we're 65 or else we get our pension reduced by 5% for each year we retire early (up to a max of 25%). Most people retire in their early 50s in my job field because of all the ridiculous amounts of travel.... New hires are screwed even more because now there is no 5% reduction cap. If you retire at 55, you're only getting half your pension. Also we get paid a reasonable amount but it's not as much as people make in private accounting or auditing, especially in Houston. So there are trade offs.

The hospital has recently put this policy into place fo current employees (Trying to get rid of high paying employees). Rule of "70" years of service and age, they'll also give you a severence of 6 months wages in addition to full benefits. Only stipulation I saw was you couldn't work at any entity owned by the medical system for a full year.

Colasante

If anyone here hasn't seen The Knick, you should see The Knick. It's great.

Just listened to the ATL podcast for the first time.

Is that supposed to be the best NFL pod?

I think it's the best. They're knowledgable and have good chemistry and their arguments aren't nearly as irritating as football arguments usually are. They're heavy on the inside jokes though, so it might be something that grows on you with time.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Maybe my math is wrong, but isn't both of those the same thing?

No, one is basically "we'll match you 5% for every dollar you put into retirement". Another one is "We'll put in 5% of your total wages no matter what".

After reading more it seems like 5% of your total wages as long as you contribute 2% of your wages.

Yeah you want to contribute 2% of your wages then and get that free money.

Sanjuro

If anyone here hasn't seen The Knick, you should see The Knick. It's great.

The opening scene had me cackling in glee as the person who wanted to watch it the most couldn't stomach any of it. I thought it was a great start.

Do you happen to watch Ray Donovan or The Leffovers? I've been looking to pick up a new show.

Top Bottom