• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp 2014 |OT| - This is our year!

https://twitter.com/MiamiDolphins/status/499707799123656705
i20sJwe.jpg

Fuck the pats!

Bread

Banned
"You know I love the small breweries, Sam Adams has its hits and misses but my favorite is Harpoon, have you heard of it?"

Kill me

Fox318

Its happening in the wrong area for anyone with power to care.

I hope this encourages departments to wear cameras for both citizens and their protection.

Being a cop is not an easy job but communities and police should work together to make neighborhoods better.

America needs to make it a focus to help elevate communities. Some may see that as gentrification but its the best way to fix deep divisions like this.

I don't know

cdyhybrid

I hope this encourages departments to wear cameras for both citizens and their protection.

Being a cop is not an easy job but communities and police should work together to make neighborhoods better.

America needs to make it a focus to help elevate communities. Some may see that as gentrification but its the best way to fix deep divisions like this.

I don't know

Nah, they'll just use this to say that cops need to be more heavily armed.

Next Ferguson will have cops rolling tanks in and shit.

Fox318

Obama will have to eventually say more on the subject than what he has already. He probably won't actually do anything though.

I don't see what he can do. Establish a commission on race relations? Congress doesn't want this on their plate and they are so divided I don't think they can do anything effective anymore unless filibuster rules change. An Oval Office address could calm sides down but it might also backfire.

This is up to local officials to try and change things. The answer shouldn't be lowing test scores, it shouldn't be just talk.

No one thing is going to change this. Changes to police policy, judicial policy, and even changes to community culture all need to happen.

Cops need to start with releasing the name of the person who shot the individual first. Put protection outside of his house if you have to but its better than having his name leak and something stupid happening. Right now the cops are hoping that people forget and this becomes a cspan trial that people snore through but its way past that now.

JABEE

But it was hard not to be awed by both squads in Tuesday’s joint practice, which may very well have been preview of this season’s Super Bowl in Arizona.

The Patriots we know about — Belichick, Brady, Darrelle Revis, Rob Gronkowski, and so on. They’re the class of the NFL and always contenders in the AFC.

The Eagles, though, are as impressive a team as you will find in the league, thanks mostly to their second-year head coach, Chip Kelly. The doubts are now gone about whether Kelly can adjust to the NFL game after experiencing wild success at Oregon (and before that, New Hampshire). He took over a 4-12 team last year and turned the Eagles into 10-6 division champions, behind a new quarterback and a shaky defense that didn’t change many pieces.

The Eagles under Kelly look a lot like the Patriots — bigger than one player. No one in Philly seems too afraid about the Eagles unceremoniously dumping star receiver DeSean Jackson this offseason for not fitting in with the team’s culture. They still have LeSean McCoy and Jeremy Maclin and new dynamo Darren Sproles.

And most importantly, they have Kelly running the ship. In Chip they most definitely trust.

I don't know whether I should be happy with these comparisons or not. I hate the Pats!

cajunator

Banned

I don't know

This happens a lot in europe after soccer games. It seems to be a problem in a lot of cities. When you have A lot of people in one llace with an axe to grind shit goes up in flames.

Konka

Banned
This happens a lot in europe after soccer games. It seems to be a problem in a lot of cities. When you have A lot of people in one llace with an axe to grind shit goes up in flames.

Eh, you are trying to compare mad drunk sports fans to outraged resident performing peaceful protests after a cold blooded police murder of a teenager. They are not at all comparable situations.

RBH

The Falcons have been a ratings hit for HBO.

To-date, the first episode of HBO’s ‘Hard Knocks: Training camp with the Atlanta Falcons’ has attracted just over 3 million viewers, which will continue to grow through additional Linear, On Demand and HBO GO viewing.

The viewership of episode one, which aired on Tuesday, Aug. 5, featuring the Falcons exceeds last year’s week one viewing of ‘Hard Knocks: Training camp with the Cincinnati Bengals,’ which attracted 2.7 million viewers.

The top five markets for viewing were Atlanta, Dayton, Kansas City, New Orleans and Orlando-Daytona Beach-Melbourne.

Hard Knocks has won 11 sports Emmy Awards since starting in 2001. The Falcons are on the ninth edition of the show.
http://www.ajc.com/news/sports/falcons-pulling-down-ratings-for-hbo/ng2W6/

gladtomeetya.gif

Percy Harvin named training camp's Most Impressive Player.

It's happening!

No joke, Percival Harvington the Third is without peer when he is healthy.

I like him as a player so I hope he stays healthy. Odds are against him though. He is legitimately one of the best players in the league when not broken.

Glad we got Patterson though. Same skillset but way bigger and minus the personality flaws ( he will now murder an elementary school).

Top Bottom