• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp 2014 |OT| - This is our year!

We have way too much fun in the office at work.
Work is supposed to suck right?

stevie2j6q07.gif

Swear to god I saw Stafford at a booth at our county fair. Not a taco one though. Instead of Elephant rides like the last few years they had Camel rides this year. They're a lot bigger than I thought they were.

Bowser

You did good, Bowser. I really want to check out Wolfenstein.

I'm spendthrift as fuck yo. Wolfenstein came free with the PS4 (a Fry's deal). I got Tomb Raider for $20 (I sat out last gen so never got a chance to play it). Got that extra PS4 controller for $45 from an eBay/Buy.com sale. Free shipping on all of it.

$465 for the console, 2 new games, and a controller...not bad amirite ?

Started playing through Wolfenstein yesterday, it's pretty fun so far.

gutshot

Chris Brown highlights Chip Kelly's growing influence on the NFL for Grantland.

When the Philadelphia Eagles hired Chip Kelly away from Oregon in January 2013, they thought they were getting a coach who’d field an innovative offense run at a madcap pace. What they probably didn’t realize, and what the rest of the league surely didn’t know, was that they were also getting a coach who intended to rethink much about how NFL teams operate, from huddling (why bother?), to traditional practices (too much wasted time), to player nutrition habits (bye-bye, Andy Reid’s Fast Food Fridays).

If they didn’t realize this, they should have, because Kelly has always challenged the status quo. “I was probably a pain in the ass as a little kid,” Kelly said recently. “I questioned everything. I’ve always been a why guy, trying to figure out why things happen and what they are and just curious about it from that standpoint.”

The result of all of that questioning was a successful debut season for Kelly, whose Eagles went 10-6 and won the NFC East one year after going 4-12 under Reid. And they did so thanks largely to approaching things just a little differently from the rest of a league that largely likes to leave well enough alone. But the NFL has a conflicted relationship with new concepts, as defiance often gives way to rapid-fire assimilation. And unsurprisingly, that’s already happening with Kelly’s ideas.

So far, most of the attention surrounding Kelly has centered on his spread offense, particularly the way in which he gives his quarterbacks multiple run, keep, or pass options on the same play, all from a no-huddle, up-tempo pace. And those ideas are certainly having an impact. The Dolphins hired Kelly’s quarterbacks coach, Billy Lazor, to implement a version of Kelly’s scheme in Miami; the league in general is trending toward more no-huddle; and several NFL coaches have told me their teams will be using “Chip Kelly plays” this season.

But Kelly’s influence extends far beyond read-options and the no-huddle, and into the subtler and more fundamental aspects of the game. In just one year, Kelly’s question-everything approach has caused many smart NFL coaches and executives to ask themselves why they’ve been doing things the same way for so long. And many are realizing that Kelly has better answers.

I'm spendthrift as fuck yo. Wolfenstein came free with the PS4 (a Fry's deal). I got Tomb Raider for $20 (I sat out last gen so never got a chance to play it). Got that extra PS4 controller for $45 from an eBay/Buy.com sale. Free shipping on all of it.

$465 for the console, 2 new games, and a controller...not bad amirite ?

Started playing through Wolfenstein yesterday, it's pretty fun so far.
Wow, $465 for all that is not bad at all. Make sure you get all the PS+ games! Did you play TLoU on PS3? If not you better get on that.

Dragon, no MP in Wolfenstein.

Bowser

Wow, $465 for all that is not bad at all. Make sure you get all the PS+ games! Did you play TLoU on PS3? If not you better get on that.

Dragon, no MP in Wolfenstein.

I check sites like 9to5toys.com and http://www.reddit.com/r/consoledeals/ daily. TLoU is my next purchase.

Damn.

I heard the SP experience is pretty amazing and I haven't really heard anyone panning it at all. May wait for a sale on it though with Destiny coming out.

Yeah, being single player only, I probably wouldn't have picked it up (def not for full price), but it was a no brainer as a pack in.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
tumblr_mpnkkaxx2g1rt4k5qo1_500.gif

PS4 brehs...

I'm here.

tumblr_inline_n5uqm8ZttD1qgqr60.gif

We're friends on PSN right?

One of y'all is MRP0798304983x or something and I keep forgetting which one of you people it is.

Also Wolfenstein is great. Good choice of game as is Tomb Raider.

Now you just need The Last of Us and Destiny. I wasn't a huge fan of Infamous though.

Bowser

We're friends on PSN right?

One of y'all is MRP0798304983x or something and I keep forgetting which one of you people it is.

Also Wolfenstein is great. Good choice of game as is Tomb Raider.

Now you just need The Last of Us and Destiny. I wasn't a huge fan of Infamous though.

Nope, I don't have any friends on PSN yet. Just signed up for it yesterday and forget to check the GAF list. Someone mind posting it again?

Dragon

Banned
Nope, I don't have any friends on PSN yet. Just signed up for it yesterday and forget to check the GAF list. Someone mind posting it again?

First thing to know about PS stuff is to always buy anything digital through the web store instead of the console (although the PS4 store is much better than the horribad PS3 one).

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-us/home/games

You can also use the app to buy shit on your phone.

I'm TheBranca18 on PSN (don't ask); not sure where the actual spreadsheet is.

ShaneB

I wonder how much trade value I'd get a EBGames if I brought in my 360, ps3, and Wii and whatever few games I had left. Would be easier than trying to sell it piece by piece. I'd pick up a PS4 maybe.

bionic77

bionic, you better get FIFA 15 so we can play!
I already have FIFA bro.

Just no time to play this shit. Hell I barely have time to post here anymore. I have some time now because this shitty client is no showing...

bionic can you get Destiny bro? I want to hear you talk shit about the Patriots while mowing down alien spider tanks.
Can I get it? Of course.

Will I ever play it?

Doubtful.

That seems like a game that needs a lot of time for you to get anything out of it.

Honestly I never even watch Netflix. That is my kids and wife. And I always yell at her to limit how much they can watch of that too.

Top Bottom