• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp 2014 |OT| - This is our year!

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Check out http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forum/10-video-game-deals/ first
They usually have most of the best trade in deals posted. Sometimes best buy has a 100% trade in credit, I've taken advantage of that a couple times

Triple trade in credit to Target was the greatest thing ever. I ended up buying a bunch of other much needed household items for trading in like three games. It practically felt like welfare.

Gata is that what it's like being you every day?

ShaneB

Check out http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forum/10-video-game-deals/ first
They usually have most of the best trade in deals posted. Sometimes best buy has a 100% trade in credit, I've taken advantage of that a couple times

Will keep an eye out, but I'd imagine most of those deals will be American only, but will check it out here and there. TIVS.ca being a solid Canadian equivalent... which is showing pathetic trade in values at ebgames.
I'd rather just put em up on kijiji or something, and get a little cash, put it towards a new pc or something considering how little I actually want/need a ps4.

bionic77

People still get excited for racing games?

Wow. All that deep throating for 10-6 and a first round playoff exit.
Cmon man. Its sports journalism.

That is one step above videogame journalism.

Both are still better than the mainstream media though. Because their lies are bullshit involve real problems and often peoples' lives.

Will keep an eye out, but I'd imagine most of those deals will be American only, but will check it out here and there.

I'd rather just put em up on kijiji or something, and get a little cash, put it towards a new pc or something considering how little I actually want/need a ps4.
My bad. You live in Canada right ? They have a regional/international side too.
Here's the Canada deals
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forum/47-canada/
If it helps ( not sure how active that side is though)

gutshot

Wow. All that deep throating for 10-6 and a first round playoff exit.

It's more about how they went 10-6, than just the fact they went 10-6. To have an historically great offense, in the very first season that offense was implemented, speaks positively about Chip's methods. Having the second-least injuries in the league is also notable. (Although I do wonder if a lot of that was just luck. We'll see this year, I guess.)

It's more about how they went 10-6, than just the fact they went 10-6. To have an historically great offense, in the very first season that offense was implemented, speaks positively about Chip's methods. Having the second-least injuries in the league is also notable. (Although I do wonder if a lot of that was just luck. We'll see this year, I guess.)

Chip's teams lose but they lose with style.

bionic77

They also played in one of the worst divisions in football (NFC North still has the crown, for now...).

I am pretty sure they had a really easy schedule last year too. But that is relying on my memory and that is not the best of resources at times...

They also played in one of the worst divisions in football (NFC North still has the crown, for now...).

I am pretty sure they had a really easy schedule last year too. But that is relying on my memory and that is not the best of resources at times...

The only playoff team they beat with Foles at starter was GB and that was without HoFlynn or Fraudgers.

brentech

People still get excited for racing games?

As they become more realistic, it's harder to enjoy them without using a wheel. Which is largely hurting the games themselves to anyone but car enthusiasts who just want to play with the cars and graphic whores.

I was in the GAF Racing League for GT5 though, and that shit was fun as hell. It got to taking up too much time at a point, so I didn't even buy GT6. We were spending an hour, sometimes 2 on a single race.
So much fun though.

Greg

As they become more realistic, it's harder to enjoy them without using a wheel. Which is largely hurting the games themselves to anyone but car enthusiasts who just want to play with the cars and graphic whores.

I was in the GAF Racing League for GT5 though, and that shit was fun as hell. It got to taking up too much time at a point, so I didn't even buy GT6. We were spending an hour, sometimes 2 on a single race.
So much fun though.
analog sticks for life

ShaneB

What? The AFC South is the worst. I don't think its even debatable.

Looks like a good writeup on NFL.com about backup QBs as well. Will give that a read later.

Also a dirth of football podcasts have returned, overloading my feed. Time to check out some others more regularly.

bionic77

Looks like a good writeup on NFL.com about backup QBs as well. Will give that a read later.

Also a dirth of football podcasts have returned, overloading my feed. Time to check out some others more regularly.
The North could give any division a run for the title of worst.

Remember Rodgers did not play the whole season. Without him there are no real qb's or teams in that division.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

I think most Packer fans would argue that the NFC North is garbage tier. The issue is that the NFC North serves a vastly larger viewing market and fanbase than the AFC South. So they get a lot more airtime and highlight reels....they only seem better because of the increased exposure.

ShaneB

Ehhhh. In the NFCN I see 3 teams with potential to be good, with just the Vikings being a question.

In the AFCS I see the colts.. And 3 meh teams... Even the colts have questions.

Ehhhh. In the NFCN I see 3 teams with potential to be good, with just the Vikings being a question.

In the AFCS I see the colts.. And 3 meh teams... Even the colts have questions.
Jags and Titans >>>> Lions. Plus Cutler is a huge loser who you cant count on at all.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
NFC North is basically the AFC East. I dump on the Patriots for playing in a weak ass division but the Packers basically get gifted the same division of garbage season after season.

Edit: I think in most years the Titans and Jags are good for 7-9 wins every season. Half the reason they suck is that they're always a lukewarm team.

bionic77

NFC North is basically the AFC East. I dump on the Patriots for playing in a weak ass division but the Packers basically get gifted the same division of garbage season after season.

Edit: I think in most years the Titans and Jags are good for 7-9 wins every season. Half the reason they suck is that they're always a lukewarm team.
I agree with this.

Also I was talking about LAST SEASON regarding which division was the worst.

Things change quickly in the NFL and the divisions that are shitty can get better real quickly with a few hits in the draft and with a upgrade in coaching from retarded to competent.

MechDX

I agree with this.

Things change quickly in the NFL and the divisions that are shitty can get better real quickly with a few hits in the draft and with a upgrade in coaching from retarded to competent.

I knew you believed in us.

Eleuin

I agree with this.

Never forget

7-9 NFC West division champs

MechDX

BvAnj3VIYAEpVsD.jpg:large

Texans and Falcons o lines in their DQ Strong shirts. Class move by the Falcons.

Konka

Banned
The only playoff team they beat with Foles at starter was GB and that was without HoFlynn or Fraudgers.

Such an annoying statistic given that he didn't lose to any playoff teams either. Given the record of the prior year they weren't going to play many playoff contenders so I don't really see how you can use that as a reliable stat in any respect. He also beat Arizona which by most peoples consensus was better than half the teams in the playoffs.

gutshot

ESPN Mag profiles LeSean McCoy with a big side-dose of Chip Kelly.

Why he tells Kelly on this day, "I want to be the best."

"I want to be the best coach ever," Kelly replies. McCoy considers it not a proclamation but a rationale for the coach's challenging so many assumptions. "All I want to do is help you," Kelly says.

Then why, McCoy asks, does Kelly badger him every day about sleep? Kelly pulls up video of practice after McCoy had registered a substandard night. "You look slow, less explosive."

It all clicks. McCoy becomes "crazy about sleeping." He notices how much quicker he feels at 208 pounds than he did at the 218 he was in 2012, thanks to Kelly's nutrition program of personalized protein shakes. He feels fresher when hydrated. He even likes getting to know guys on the rides to the stadium. "When he tells me to do something, I just do it," McCoy says now.

As the Eagles win seven of their last eight games, McCoy realizes that Kelly's offense fits him perfectly. The cumulative effect of all of Kelly's tenets -- from the misdirection to the hurry-up to the science -- is creating more daylight for him than ever. On Dec. 8 against the Lions, in 8 inches of snow, McCoy carries on a zone run left -- one of the Eagles' league-leading 304 zone-read runs in 2013 -- and breaks through the line, where safety Louis Delmas is waiting. McCoy tiptoes out, then in. Delmas dives into the snow as if he's trying to hide as McCoy accelerates for a 40-yard touchdown. In all, he rushes for 217 yards, a franchise record.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Ah. Don't think I heard about that. Raw deal.

he probably wouldnt be alive if not for the head trainer of the Texans. He insisted he go to the hospital, when he got there, he had 2 liters of fluid in his lungs, then they found cancer.

MechDX

Ah. Don't think I heard about that. Raw deal.

Yeah I feel for the kid. Late round pick last year but impressed in TC. Broke his leg near the end of TC and placed on IR. Projected as a starter this year then was having trouble breathing during an OTA session. Trainers detected fluid on the lungs and he had emergency surgery immediately.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Yeah I feel for the kid. Late round pick last year but impressed in TC. Broke his leg near the end of TC and placed on IR. Projected as a starter this year then was having trouble breathing during an OTA session. Trainers detected fluid on the lungs and he had emergency surgery immediately.

Some guys just can't catch a break. Jeez.

ShaneB

Other than SF and Seattle why couldn't the Eagles the 3rd best NFC team? I don't see the rest of the field as much better on paper.

Wasn't there a news story that Seahawks players were saying they did not want to play the Eagles in the playoffs last season? That's pretty telling.

I would just like to say: Fuck Ian Rappaport.

I'm jealous of his perfectly smooth skin on his face. Immaculate looking son of a gun!

MechDX

Wasn't there a news story that Seahawks players were saying they did not want to play the Eagles in the playoffs last season? That's pretty telling.

I'm jealous of his perfectly smooth skin on his face. Immaculate looking son of a gun!

Getting into on twitter with him because he is crying how Arian "treats" the media.

Top Bottom