• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp 2014 |OT| - This is our year!

Jags and Titans >>>> Lions. Plus Cutler is a huge loser who you cant count on at all.

Don't make me defend the Lions...

Ugh...really?

Alright.

This guy has a chance to keep his job.
player.png

He inexplicably hasn't been fired yet.
512x.jpg

...and I don't care about the vikings...

The Lions will have the best defense in the NFC North. If they can avoid their annual "Players Only Meeting" they can make the playoffs.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Getting into on twitter with him because he is crying how Arian "treats" the media.
hey, how bout Arian quit acting like he's above certain people, treat everyone with the same respect that they've earned and the same respect they afford him? And also do what he's required to do by NFL league rules. Too much to ask, for such an "eccentric."

MechDX

hey, how bout Arian quit acting like he's above certain people, treat everyone with the same respect that they've earned and the same respect they afford him? And also do what he's required to do by NFL league rules. Too much to ask, for such an "eccentric."

Arian Foster ‏@ArianFoster · 10m
Lies. RT @KHOUSportsMatt: Almost all Texans signed autographs for the fans after practice. Arian Foster did not.

The media is flat out lying on Twitter about him not signing autographs and you wonder why he treats them as such?

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
The media is flat out lying on Twitter about him not signing autographs and you wonder why he treats them as such?

this is what happens when you treat the media with disrespect, they turn on you. Should they lie about things he did or didnt do? No. but, they will turn on you.

He started treating poorly long before they turned on him. It started a little last year, and really turned when he was found out he cheated on his wife and had an extramarital baby.

Seth Payne going in on Foster right now too. "if you dont like it, you dont have to play football"

MechDX

this is what happens when you treat the media with disrespect, they turn on you. Should they lie about things he did or didnt do? No. but, they will turn on you.

He started treating poorly long before they turned on him. It started a little last year, and really turned when he was found out he cheated on his wife and had an extramarital baby.

Seth Payne going in on Foster right now too. "if you dont like it, you dont have to play football"

I dont agree with his affair but did the media really need to drive up to his house to question him about it?

Houston media is a bunch of freaking marshmallows

It's more about how they went 10-6, than just the fact they went 10-6. To have an historically great offense, in the very first season that offense was implemented, speaks positively about Chip's methods. Having the second-least injuries in the league is also notable. (Although I do wonder if a lot of that was just luck. We'll see this year, I guess.)

They also went 10-6 after going 4-12 the previous year. That's a hell of an impressive turn around too.

squicken

Long read God still hates Cleveland

Skull shaved tight, default goatee, eyes of flint, mandatory frown. He's big—six two—and beefy. It's a humid afternoon, and sunny, but he's in a long-sleeved parka—black, zipped to the neck—and polyester shorts. He looks like what he is: a coach.

His grip is solid, strong. He's sizing you up, too—he's a judge of men, a teacher of football players, and now he is head coach of the Cleveland Browns, the seventh hearty to walk that plank since 1999, when the once-fabled franchise rose staggering from the tomb to feast upon its fans' vital organs. The past five NFL seasons, with four different head coaches, his team has won twenty-three games and lost fifty-seven. His best player is reportedly appealing a full year's suspension—for smoking weed. His rookie quarterback is a TMZ regular—a binge-drinking, Instagramming fool. His own boss is a first-year GM. His boss's boss—the Browns' second-year owner, Jimmy Haslam—faces the possibility of federal charges after a two-year joint investigation by the FBI and the IRS into the Haslam family business.

His name is Mike Pettine. Pett-in. Pray for him.

Pray hard. Not because he is young but because he's pushing fifty; not because the Browns are an NFL punchline, but because Cleveland is a head-coach killing floor, the place where hope's throat is slit and careers are butchered. Only one of Pettine's six predecessors ever got another job running an NFL team; the last hanging carcass belonged to big, beefy, clean-shaved Rob Chudzinski, gutted just as he stepped from the team bus after last season's final game

bionic77

Don't make me defend the Lions...

Ugh...really?

Alright.

This guy has a chance to keep his job.
player.png

He inexplicably hasn't been fired yet.
512x.jpg

...and I don't care about the vikings...

The Lions will have the best defense in the NFC North. If they can avoid their annual "Players Only Meeting" they can make the playoffs.
Lions have the best anything is based on what?

Other than a few big names I don't see the production to back this up. That's a fucked up franchise that is designed to disappoint. Basically Browns NFC (though Browns fans are much better).

Vyroxis

Banned
Other than SF and Seattle why couldn't the Eagles the 3rd best NFC team? I don't see the rest of the field as much better on paper.

Any given sunday. We've all seen teams go from red hot one season, to dumpster fire the next for any number of reasons. And the other way around. NFL records are fickle from year to year.

Report: Documents hint at plan to move Bills to Toronto

Why hint? Just do it. It's fine if it's just a few hundred million and you've got David Stern to cripple a city's interest in a pro sport and salt the earth. But when you start talking 1 billion+, may as well just cut the cord straight away.

Toronto Bills (w Kave mascot)
San Antonio Raiders
London Jaguars (for two seasons, and then after being financially crippled by disinterest, LA Cats)

Tom Penny

Toronto sounds like a better roadtrip than Buffalo.

Buffalo's not that bad as long as you're drinking all night. No idea what it's like in the afternoon outside of a game. At the game fans were funneling Molson XXX 0_0 I've seen the Redsox play Toronto a long time ago. I know Montreal is fun :) move them there.

brentech

analog sticks for life

I can casually play the games with the sticks because I generally love cars, but if you're racing against known opponents that aren't just going to smash into you and try to have a fair race, a wheel is the only way to go.

1 guy between the leagues used a controller. He actually did pretty good. I think it really helped in the SuperGT cars, or anything with crazy torque. It's easier to correct spins with the sticks than an actual wheel. But when it comes to more everyday high end sports cars (that arent modded into race cars), nothing feels nearly as enjoyable as a wheel.

Except not having a wheel in your living room...

cdyhybrid

Chucks joking.

That isn't fan mail for Brown. That is the daily mailing of "supplements" for the Seattle Seahawks.

Damn that team likes to be healthy!

It's legal here, but last I checked you can't mail weed through the USPS, since it's a federal service. Sorry!

Top Bottom