• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp 2014 |OT| - This is our year!

Neither has Future.
:jnc Sorry to offend those Microsoft sensibilities of yours.

In actuality I use it often for voice commands especially for TV use as I do like the convenience of being able to tell it to go to specific channel if I happen to be eating etc. Considering the interface is designed completely around voice commands, I find it cumbersome as fuck to use outside of that so I use it for that as well and the recent updates have made voice commands pretty reliable outside of the "Xbox On" command still not working with any consistency.

Oh and its pretty nifty when it automatically logs in when I sit down in front of my TV but now that you can auto-sign in via a setting that's pretty useless for someone like me that doesn't have a bunch of people over to play games regularly.

Outside of that, it has no purpose. To say otherwise is disingenuous as fuck. Kinect Sports (the only game that uses it to any great extent) does not a great peripheral make.

If it makes you feel any better, the Move was kind of shitty outside of that Ping Pong game.
So was the Wii. Motion control in general can go suck a dick. I couldn't stand it then and I can't stand it now regardless of platform despite Yankee acting like I'm singling out Kinect.

If you are in the preview program on XB1 the September update is rolling out today and it adds dnla support, at first over USB, but the said over networks will be coming soon. This was the Las feature missing for the 360, and it will now support MKV files. So XB1 OS is now better then 360s in every way.

Bread

Banned
If you are in the preview program on XB1 the September update is rolling out today and it adds dnla support, at first over USB, but the said over networks will be coming soon. This was the Las feature missing for the 360, and it will now support MKV files. So XB1 OS is now better then 360s in every way.
oh fuck yes it's out today!? the usb support is huge for me, i always used that on my 360.

Sanjuro

PS4 is trash.

I'm hoping that there is a good streaming tool that comes out for the service. Not sure if the PS3 Media Server program will still work.

Future I had no idea that you would have an XB1. I still think it is disingenuous to say that Kinect 2 had no use for gaming. I have no doubt that games that used it well could have cone out if ms hadn't given up on it.

TheFatOne

That share play feature seems pretty neat for the PS4. Planning on getting a PS4 during black friday this year. Need to get one before Bloodborne comes out.
Future I had no idea that you would have an XB1. I still think it is disingenuous to say that Kinect 2 had no use for gaming. I have no doubt that games that used it well could have cone out if ms hadn't given up on it.

LoFuckingL

JABEE

I'm pretty sure Microsoft has all but given up on releasing good Kinect games for the Xbox One.

Bread

Banned
man the more i read and watch of halo MCC the more i'm impressed

halo 3 is going to look so fucking clean in 1080p, i think that's going to be the real mvp of the collection.

I'm pretty sure Microsoft has all but given up on releasing good Kinect games for the Xbox One.
They have given up on it. I believe Disney fantasia is the last Kinect game in development. No way are they going to make any new Kinect games when no one owns one.

MechDX

man the more i read and watch of halo MCC the more i'm impressed

halo 3 is going to look so fucking clean in 1080p, i think that's going to be the real mvp of the collection.

Rocket Races on quads.

Bread and Mech on Breadstream! Greg will throw money at the TV

won't shoot you in the back of the head. No promises though

Tom Penny

MS didn't know how to market and use Kinect. The could have made countless workout games that rival P90X and Insanity, great air guitar games etc...

Wait that's today? Thought it was out in September. That's fast.

I bought 2 moves and nunchucks the day it came out. It was fantastic Sony just dropped support for it once it didn't sell well enough. Kinect 2 is amazing also, it is just limited to navigation since they dropped it before we got to see some in game applications.
I think you're a little too liberal with the word "amazing". May I suggest the word "neat"?

The introduction of Kinect marks the point in time where I officially gave up on MS. I never really liked the Xbox brand to begin with but I did pick up a 360 around the time of Halo: Reach. I enjoyed it for the few games I wanted to play but I have been consistently disappointed in MS' first party output since the release of Kinect. I'n glad that worthless hunk of plastic is finally being put out to pasture.

Bread

Banned
currently watching Stop Making Sense on my xbox one via my external hard drive

thank you based microsoft, about damn time!

TheFatOne

Our little Gata is making friends :')

You are the anti-gata.

The Reverse-Gata Maneuver.

Relax guys I'm talking about this JAG
2014-Training-Camp-Jimmy-Garoppolo-Action-200w.jpg

The only good Xbox exclusive games were the Project Gotham Racing games. Absolutly brilliant racers.

I would buy an Xbone for a new PGR as soon as it releases.

Sanjuro

Halo 2 multiplayer is going to bring out the child in me.

I'll buy some Mountain Dew and use standby on my router in celebration.

ShaneB

As mentioned earlier..

gregg rosenthal @greggrosenthal
Bowe losing guaranteed money in contract per @rapsheet is big news. Doubt he’s back in 2015.

Seems pretty logical.

edit: awful day at work, not in the mood for the gym now. Want to pig out on food and feel worse.

Top Bottom