• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp 2014 |OT| - This is our year!

hom3land

Bought a slingbox off amazon and sent it to parents. They set it up this evening, and damn am I impressed. Looks really good on my 47" tv. Will never miss a Patriots game again. Highly suggest for anyone who lives out of market of their team and still have family in the area.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Stafford to Ebron!!!!!!!!!!

Beautiful pass by Stafford. Raiders blitzed hard and Stafford stayed cool, calm and collected as we should all expect by now.

Sanjuro

Bought a slingbox off amazon and sent it to parents. They set it up this evening, and damn am I impressed. Looks really good on my 47" tv. Will never miss a Patriots game again. Highly suggest for anyone who lives out of market of their team and still have family in the area.

I still don't understand.

Do they just hook it up to a designated cable box you control?

All this hype for Michaels and it's Turbo that's stepping up.

Okay I see what you did their Pete. Very clever!

I swear I haven't seen Sherman jam a single receiver yet. I think our DB's are just plain smarter....

well the non-call just now was ridiculous considering some of the other flags ive seen thrown this preseason

hom3land

I still don't understand.

Do they just hook it up to a designated cable box you control?

Had my dad hook it up to the cable box in his office, wouldn't want it on their main box. I can control it, change channels, watch whatever I want. I But really just wanted it for the Patriots game.

Huh? I'm watching superior baseball. What am I missing?

They claimed that the league changed the emphasis on defensive secondary play to appease Peyton because he can't beat physical defenses (ex. Super Bowl).

Basic message board fodder stuff but you don't really expect that from TV talking heads. Unless they are trying to appeal to the Chowdahheads of course

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Matthew Stafford: 8/9 87 Yards, 2 TDs. Everything has been on point and he has been distributing it to Ebron, Tate, Durham etc.

Only incomplete was a dropped screen pass by Bush that should've been caught IMO.

It's nice having a franchise QB.

Another Stafford TD.

Honestly I didn't think that pass to Ebron earlier in the drive was great. It was a great catch on a pass that was behind Ebron. Also Stafford is struggling with screen passes tonight. But outside of that he has looked pretty damn good.

Godslay

Banned
Naw, contact was initiated by the receiver, refs didn't fall for it.

iKz5Qmd2A2jBc.gif

Might be old but I'm not blind.

Sanjuro

Had my dad hook it up to the cable box in his office, wouldn't want it on their main box. I can control it, change channels, watch whatever I want. I But really just wanted it for the Patriots game.

Sounds good. I never understood the aspect on how it was controlled remotely.

They claimed that the league changed the emphasis on defensive secondary play to appease Peyton because he can't beat physical defenses (ex. Super Bowl).

Basic message board fodder stuff but you don't really expect that from TV talking heads. Unless they are trying to appeal to the Chowdahheads of course

Ah. well, they aren't completely off base. To pin it all on Peyton is a bit silly.

well to be fair after Ty Law played physically and intercepted him 3 times in an AFC championship game the NFL has been more strict about enforcing illegal contact after 5 yards out. Just do a google search for the Ty Law rule ;)

I'm watching the game and the commentators are just having a bit of fun on that one, but you can't deny the coincidence. Two times a very physical secondary beats Peyton and after both seasons the NFL cracks down on the secondary.

Vyer

Sounds good. I never understood the aspect on how it was controlled remotely.

Ah. well, they aren't completely off base. To pin it all on Peyton is a bit silly.

The old sling boxes had an IR blaster literally attached to the receiver on the box. Not sure how it's done these days. But it was basically hijacking a cable box.

Top Bottom