• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp 2014 |OT| - This is our year!

Dragon

Banned
Screen%20Shot%202014-07-30%20at%2010.32.37%20AM.png

Note: I never said I was objective and I'm not objective. But Bruiser here sure is something!

eznark

Banned
Ask him how he can afford to own both consoles when he can't even afford to pay his mortgage?

I dont really blame Kas for being so gung ho about the Lions. they were historicaly bad for a long long time and mired in the Millen bullshit. Finally te team is at least competitive from year to year. Kas is just a fan, and fan is short for fanatic. We are all fanatics for our teams. I at least respect him for sticking with his Lions.

What? They have 11 wins in the last two years. They are a dumpster fire of bullshit and lies.

Ask him how he can afford to own both consoles when he can't even afford to pay his mortgage?

What? They have 11 wins in the last two years. They are a dumpster fire of bullshit and lies.

They were competitive in the first half last season. Then they got a win in Thanksgiving, realized they needed one more win for playoffs, and said "hahaha nah we're good"

I dont really blame Kas for being so gung ho about the Lions. they were historicaly bad for a long long time and mired in the Millen bullshit. Finally te team is at least competitive from year to year. Kas is just a fan, and fan is short for fanatic. We are all fanatics for our teams. I at least respect him for sticking with his Lions.

Millen has been gone for a long time, rosters turnover so quickly in the NFL it is insane to keep blaming their failures on Millen.

ShaneB

Same.

I prefer Kas and his delusions over a few certain posters and their constant hate filled snarky bs.

Tom Penny

Peterson is the best CB in football. Agree w/Striker that teams have to pay guys like he and Haden since they follow the best WR around the field and usually lock him down

There is pretty much zero evidence that Peterson is the best CB in the league. Best athlete is another story.

Sanjuro

Fixed for accuracy.

Although I'm not sure if that's accurate enough considering Joe Namath is in there.

That's not accurate at all. The baseball HoF is still more consistent than the other major three sports. Hell, they don't even let the best players in anymore!

Colasante

There is pretty much zero evidence that Peterson is the best CB in the league. Best athlete is another story.

I'm of this mindset as well. I don't understand what metric or performance would have dictated that Patrick Peterson was the best cornerback in the league. He gets burned more often than the other "elite" cornerbacks and gives up more touchdowns.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
That's not accurate at all. The baseball HoF is still more consistent than the other major three sports. Hell, they don't even let the best players in anymore!

Shit, Jim Rice is a baseball player.

I thought ez was referencing some old football dude and we were talking about football players in the football thread.

In my defense "Jim Rice" sounds like a football player.

Hey, I clearly said "a few certain posters" :p

cajun is literally the only other poster here that doesn't post "snarky hate filled bs" :jnc

Same.

I prefer Kas and his delusions over a few certain posters and their constant hate filled snarky bs.

It isn't even delusions though it is outright dishonesty. That Steve Young quote he jkeeps posting is from years ago and Setve Young killed Stafford last year and kas knows that. The most feared = best thing is total bullshit and he keeps trying to push it. If you want to be a total homer and think that your team is perfect and every move is the best that is fine but don't be a prick about it. It is impossible to have a real discussion with kas about the Lions, or football in general because he is so over the top.

bionic77

KAS is insane and entertaining.

But a lot of his posts are filled with bullshit too.

That can get tiring at times but I also would miss him if he left. Because whenever my team fails I can look at KAS and the Lions and take solace that at least I am not him.

Vyroxis

Banned
Pretty sure that Ghenghis Khan was far and away the most feared person ever.

Hitler was a bitch compared to Khan when it came to genocide and warfare in general. Khan (and his sons) conquered Russia in like 5 minutes and killed about 70% of the middle east and more than half of China in 20 years.

Khan killed enough people that the world's forests actually grew in size, leading to a drop in CO2 levels. Which is insane.

ShaneB

cajun is literally the only other poster here that doesn't post "snarky hate filled bs" :jnc

Hey now, there is some solid stuff here amongst the mountain of anger. :) Like I said, I only have issues with "just a few" :p

It isn't even delusions though it is outright dishonesty. That Steve Young quote he jkeeps posting is from years ago and Setve Young killed Stafford last year and kas knows that. The most feared = best thing is total bullshit and he keeps trying to push it. If you want to be a total homer and think that your team is perfect and every move is the best that is fine but don't be a prick about it. It is impossible to have a real discussion with kas about the Lions, or football in general because he is so over the top.

Well yes, that is true, and you've said pretty much the same thing ages ago :p I tend to just block out those posts by Kas. I think he's just going insane and needs the season to start to be put back in check. I think the Lions could be a good team, just it's always a wait and see feeling with that team.

What would the personality of kazenark be like?

Terrifying.

Tom Penny

I'm of this mindset as well. I don't understand what metric or performance would have dictated that Patrick Peterson was the best cornerback in the league. He gets burned more often than the other "elite" cornerbacks and gives up more touchdowns.

Pretty much. He has the most ability but until it all comes together on the field it doesn't matter. He has the potential though.

Shit, Jim Rice is a baseball player.

I thought ez was referencing some old football dude and we were talking about football players in the football thread.

In my defense "Jim Rice" sounds like a football player.

If people think the hate is bad now, wait until Week 5 of the regular season when there's no hope bs left to fall back on

Contract details are out!

PFT said:
The best guaranteed money in any NFL contract comes from the signing bonus. According to the source, Peterson gets $15.3 million from the Cardinals.

Then, by the fifth day of the 2015 waiver period (which comes the week after Super Bowl XLIX), a total of $27.8 million will have become fully guaranteed, for skill, injury, and cap.

By the fifth day of the 2016 waiver period, $42.619 million becomes fully guaranteed. By the fifth day of the 2017 waiver period, the rest of the $47.3 million becomes fully guaranteed. The last $700,000 never becomes fully guaranteed.

The formula gives the Cardinals three different opportunities to move on before the guarantees fully vest, but the triggers come very early in the offseason, forcing Arizona to make a quick decision in early 2015, 2016, and 2017. If/when they decide to move on, Peterson would the market more than a month before the start of free agency.

Yall were right. It's not $48 mil guaranteed for Peterson.

It's $47.3 million. All he needs to do is still be in the league and not washout in 3 years.

ed: VV Hardcore History rules, seconding the recommendation.

bionic77

Khan killed enough people that the world's forests actually grew in size, leading to a drop in CO2 levels. Which is insane.
Suicide seemed like a reasonable decision when the Mongol armies were coming for you.

Better to die by some poison then watch your wife and daughters be raped and then lined up be executed with the entire cities population. The only people spared were the hot women and men who might be useful for their armies (engineers, etc.).

Everyone should listen to Hardcore Historys 5 or 6 podcast series on the Mongols. It is fucking amazing that none of this shit is taught in history class. The stuff I am learning in this podcast makes me think that history is even more of a bullshit major than sociology.

Ravens seventh round draft pick, WR Michael Campanaro has been impressing at camp. Gotta root for this guy:

You gotta love a kid fulfilling their dreams.

bionic77

Packer fans remember that only Superbowls count in the NFL.

If you want to discuss the cheese bowls played in barns and packed high school stadiums from 90 years ago then start a new thread!

bionic77

If the Packers make it they probably win it all. But the NFC is tough to get out of.

And doesn't the Packer D still suck balls? And isn't their run game a joke?

And stop using KAS math. 4 does not equal 14. I am sure that even in Green Bay they know how to count.

eznark

Banned
If the Packers make it they probably win it all. But the NFC is tough to get out of.

And stop using KAS math. 4 does not equal 14. I am sure that even in Green Bay they know how to count.

Remember when you used to watch football? Back before your wife made you go to dog shows on Sundays?

Greg

i1zmbtQdpKALB.gif

bionic77

Remember when you used to watch football? Back before your wife made you go to dog shows on Sundays?
:lol

Not really.

Life has been blur lately.

I forgot about Lacy. Don't blame my wife though. I am just becoming forgetful!

Sometimes I still think our defense is good until reality catches up.

Top Bottom