• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp 2014 |OT| - This is our year!

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Caldwell seeing improvement in Stafford

Matthew Stafford | DET

(July 28, 2014 10:55 AM EDT)

Coach Jim Caldwell is "impressed" by how Matthew Stafford is performing early in training camp.

Stafford has a firm grasp on the new scheme and is also flashing improved mechanics. "In every facet when he came back, I could see improvement — footwork, accuracy, timing, command of the offense, all of those things," Caldwell said. With Golden Tate and Eric Ebron added to an already potent attack, Stafford's arrow is pointing up. He's our No. 4 quarterback behind only Peyton Manning, Aaron Rodgers and Drew Brees.

jakncoke

Banned
I guess you guys didn't pay attention to what happened to NBA gaf. History was bound to repeat itself I guess.

Probably going to end up a trilogy, any time i wander into the nba threads still feels the same even with most the thread taking their ball and going to their own court. I still wondering when a time we get got honestly we get out of control sometimes always.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Probably going to end up a trilogy, any time i wander into the nba threads still feels the same even with most the thread taking their ball and going to their own court. I still wondering when a time we get got honestly we get out of control sometimes always.

Eh, every OT gets out of control at times (see PopGAF) and I think NFLGAF is relatively tame. Sure you have Coldplay and eznark posting some interesting pics during the offseason, but it's the offseason. We all go a little crazy in here during offseason.

This thread is always super friendly, cordial, welcoming, and happy. We will never get NBA-GAF'd. Gaming side could learn a lot from studying our ways for a few weeks.

Fox318

This thread is always super friendly, cordial, welcoming, and happy. We will never get NBA-GAF'd. Gaming side could learn a lot from studying our ways for a few weeks.

QCSMvf9.jpg

cdyhybrid

:jnc, Patrick Peterson trying to take shots at Super Bowl Champion and All-Pro Sherm on Twitter just because he got paid (in large part because of Sherm).

Dude is shook.

jakncoke

Banned
Eh, every OT gets out of control at times (see PopGAF) and I think NFLGAF is relatively tame. Sure you have Coldplay and eznark posting some interesting pics during the offseason, but it's the offseason. We all go a little crazy in here during offseason.

Rather not Kas, pop music sucks today and the members there are weird. Also didnt they get mini nba-gaf'd recently for leaking a new album lol

MechDX

I like Peterson/Sherman talking shit to each other. Reminds me of days in the NFL where the opposing team were enemies and disliked. Not like the current trend where everyone is best friends after a game ends especially division rivals.

You can be respectful to each other and not like each other.

bionic77

I like Peterson/Sherman talking shit to each other. Reminds me of days in the NFL where the opposing team were enemies and disliked. Not like the current trend where everyone is best friends after a game ends especially division rivals.

This never stopped.

See Steelers/Ravens for the past decade and numerous other rivalries.

MechDX

This never stopped.

See Steelers/Ravens for the past decade and numerous other rivalries.

Oh I know there are some but watch the ending of most games now a days. Players being all huggy with each other laughing and cutting up.

Fuck that! You just lost a damn game. Im talking Raiders vs Steelers in the 70's type shit.

jakncoke

Banned

Speaking of good ol days of talking shit, was re-watching some genesis commercials and got to thinking man if genesis/snes were a 2014 console how sued to hell would sega get by nintendo over all these vitriol commercials. Would be hilarious if commercials like that returned and war between sony/ms/nintendo.

cdyhybrid

Great thing about the NFC West right now is you have this sort of thing between pretty much every team in the division.

Edit: Drew Brees goes skeet shooting

bionic77

Oh I know there are some but watch the ending of most games now a days. Players being all huggy with each other laughing and cutting up.

Fuck that! You just lost a damn game. Im talking Raiders vs Steelers in the 70's type shit.
James Harrison acted like that. He even KOed a few rowdy fans from Ohio! But Goodell didn't appreciate the extra violence or crazy behavior.

He was ok with the child endangerment and abuse of his partner though.

Weird how Goodell gets upset if your socks are the wrong color but doesn't seem to give a shit if you beat up your family!

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
This thread won't get NBA GAF'd. We self mod most of the time. The last time a dude went too far, he formally apologized and everyone was cool.

MechDX

http://houston.cbslocal.com/2014/07/30/watt-to-see-more-time-on-the-blind-side/

For most of his NFL career all-pro defensive lineman J.J. Watt has lined up of the left side, but in Romeo Crennel’s 3-4 he’s been lining up more and more on the right side with number one overall pick Jadeveon Clowney behind him.

Lining up on the right side allows him to attack quarterback’s from their blind side. Pair that with Jadeveon Clowney and it could prove to be a lethal combination.

“It can be very lethal. It’s intimidating,” Linebacker Justin Tuggle, who lines up in the middle with Watt and Clowney to his right, said. “We just have to keep on working so we can put it out there on the field and have it ready to roll when the games kick up.”

Watt and Clowney both lining up on a QB's blind side.

Sorry AFCS QB's.
not really, fuck you

Tom Penny

They need to hate each other more like NBA players.

ShaneB

I like it to a point. Team rivalries definitely make things interesting, but some player rivalries just feel petty. It's not like cornerbacks face each other directly, so the heat just seems odd.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Eh, most rivalries are confined to divisions and most divisions have one good team, one mediocre team, and two shit teams. Hard to build a "rivalry" unless there's actually some success.

bionic77

Eh, most rivalries are confined to divisions and most divisions have one good team, one mediocre team, and two shit teams. Hard to build a "rivalry" unless there's actually some success.
That only counts for national media attention. You only get that when you have two good teams in the division contending for a title.

For the fans of a team in the division this shit is always more important and those rivalries never went away.

Top Bottom