• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp 2014 |OT| - This is our year!

I like the penalties. DBs have to learn to stop being grabby. Scoring is going to go up. The 3 best teams in football last year were CAR, SF and SEA, and they all played suffocating defense. It may be a good game to watch CAR beat SF 10-9, but it's not what I want to watch week to week.

Give me 45-42 scores, 20 penalty games, and cheap wings and tacos on gamedays!
Pretty convincing for a joke post. 7.5/10.

Crisco

Banned
I like the penalties. DBs have to learn to stop being grabby. Scoring is going to go up. The 3 best teams in football last year were CAR, SF and SEA, and they all played suffocating defense. It may be a good game to watch CAR beat SF 10-9, but it's not what I want to watch week to week.

Haha the Panthers have a great front seven but they were hardly suffocating in the secondary. Our DBs were never close enough to a receiver to commit a penalty.

rando14

Thank god it's still baseball season!!

jakncoke

Banned

smh youre terrible if this a genuine opinion

MRSA

Banned

BtRRVOkCMAAe1M4.jpg:large

squicken

Well excuse the fuck out of me you freedom hating bastards. Enjoy your fancy bordeaux and lobsters and boring ass defensive struggles. I'll take more games like Denver-Dallas, Bama-Auburn, Bama-A&M and A&M-Duke

Well excuse the fuck out of me you freedom hating bastards. Enjoy your fancy bordeaux and lobsters and boring ass defensive struggles. I'll take more games like Denver-Dallas, Bama-Auburn, Bama-A&M and A&M-Duke
None of those games you listed had anything to do with countless garbage defensive holding/illegal contact calls. We saw lots of penalties last night and it sure as heck didn't make things more entertaining.

I still think you're just trolling.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
True that any team is screwed if the starter goes down for an extended period, but I think the role of a good backup is to go .500 if the starter misses 4 games. It's not all about QB Winz but in general, that's what a backup should do

As always the exception is if you're the Packers in the NFC North and then you can't even give that division away.

any one getting PvZ or diablo 3? I guess maddens in the mix too. Might trade in Tlou soon. Single player was really good, and multi is good too...but personally not super compelled to keep playing it....
Edit: mrsa yeah I'm gonna be a poor soon too

MRSA

Banned
any one getting PvZ or diablo 3? I guess maddens in the mix too. Might trade on some stuff soon

I'm on the fence for Diablo 3 especially with Destiny around the corner. If I find it for cheap I'll pick it up because I'm going to a be a poors after buying my text books and paying for my lab fees.

Talamius

Yeah, I'm glad EA did that free 72 hours thing on Origin or I never would've bothered.

Best team shooter since TF2. I'm convinced EA forgot Popcap HD existed and that's the only reason we got a game this good. Reasonably priced and they got the economy very close to perfect. It's the only reason I have Origin installed.

eznark

Banned
any one getting PvZ or diablo 3? I guess maddens in the mix too. Might trade in Tlou soon. Single player was really good, and multi is good too...but personally not super compelled to keep playing it....
Edit: mrsa yeah I'm gonna be a poor soon too

I grabbed PvZ digitally. Played it some this morning, it's a blast. Definitely think it's the best TF2 on consoles, including TF2.

squicken

None of those games you listed had anything to do with countless garbage defensive holding/illegal contact calls. We saw lots of penalties last night and it sure as heck didn't make things more entertaining.

I still think you're just trolling.

Obviously I hate the penalties, but I do want to see less grabby DBs and for passing to open up. It's up to the players to adjust to the rules, not the officials to call less fouls b/c the players refuse to follow the rules

jakncoke

Banned
With a man that big im wondering what the realistic expectation on snaps per game would be for him if he did in fact put together his game and become a piece of the defense. I know there has to be a site that tracks DT snaps per game on average somewhere on the web, and if not. why not dammit!

SonnyBoy

Just a few thoughts from yesterdays game:

- Penalties-

It's out of hand, it truly is. The flow of the game is ruined by it and as we all know, holding takes place on EVERY snap. So what is the point that they're trying to prove? If you're going to focus heavily on defensive holding, please call the WR's who consistently push off and the illegal picks.

- RGIII -

He's showing progress... His deep ball accuracy has returned along with his health. He's showing an ability to wade through his progressions, look off safeties and make a solid through. It'll be spotty, but it's a process. I'm mostly pleased.

Out of all the mobile QB's RGIII IMHO is the fastest of them all. Additionally, he's least able to effectively put his speed to good use. Track guys rarely transition well into the NFL and at his core, Griffin is a track guy. He has zero ability to throttle his speed and use it to his advantage. It's evident in the way he scrambles, it's completely out of control and his body is flailing about in effort to keep his balance. Sure, he's fast as hell. But he cannot keep his eyes down field and run in the manner that he does. Hopefully he can improve upon this.

Sliding. I don't need to say much.

- Overall -

I see progress in the teams more deficient areas. They're tackling and swarming to the ball. The special teams units are vastly improved, even compared to last preseason. The things I'm looking at should translate into the regular season. Everything rides on Griffin. Honestly, I think an 8-8 record would be a success for them.

- Browns -

I was shocked to see Manziel struggle to round the corner against our slower OLB's and DE's... Granted, the Skins have tons of experience practicing against Kyles offense so that helped a lot, I'm sure.

The defenses AFC North have a nastiness about them that's unique to that division. Even when they dont have the best defenses stat wise, they bring an attitude with them that other defense don't. Other teams hit hard, and dominate. But there's just something about the AFC North.

MechDX

Obviously I hate the penalties, but I do want to see less grabby DBs and for passing to open up. It's up to the players to adjust to the rules, not the officials to call less fouls b/c the players refuse to follow the rules

Good WR's know how to push off and not get caught. Dre is great at this and he admits he learned it from Jerry Rice during his rookie year

SonnyBoy

I'd be perfectly fine with it, but only if the offenses were getting penalized for interference. Things are just getting stacked way to heavily against the defense.

jakncoke

Banned

Edit: Dammit my tab was screwed and I had to kill and remembered my last copy pasta . I had a different post typed. In short how can you have such a drunk casual opinion when you study the game so much and why do you want the nfl to be like the arena football league so much. Arena football sucks for a reason and its not only because there is no stars or the field is 40 yards lol

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
With a man that big im wondering what the realistic expectation on snaps per game would be for him if he did in fact put together his game and become a piece of the defense. I know there has to be a site that tracks DT snaps per game on average somewhere on the web, and if not. why not dammit!

Goose is disappointed

If I answer your question, will you stop posting it?

He won't be active on game days, so 0. But the Steelers played with a NT like 30% of the time last year, so 20ish.

any one getting PvZ or diablo 3?
Diablo 3 just got delivered for me on the PS4.

I'm halfway through Valiant Hearts right now (which is great) and still have Transistor and Oddworld to playthrough so I'm trying to go a little easy before Destiny finally hits. I'm interested in PvZ though. Does it have any decent single player content for kids? My daughter loves the series.

MechDX

I'm halfway through Valiant Hearts right now (which is great) and still have Transistor and Oddworld to playthrough so I'm trying to go a little easy before Destiny finally hits. I'm interested in PvZ though. Does it have any decent single player content for kids? My daughter loves the series.

On the Xone it doesn't have a single player mode but it seems like the majority of the players online are kids.

eznark

Banned

Valiant Hearts is so damn good. So damn good.

jakncoke

Banned
If I answer your question, will you stop posting it?

He won't be active on game days, so 0. But the Steelers played with a NT like 30% of the time last year, so 20ish.

Chrome is a memory leaking bitch. So it screwed up my neogaf tab and remembered the last thing before I tried to copy paste what I was trying to get across to squicken lol

There's literally no evidence that it's keeping anyone safe. It's ruining the sport is what it's doing.

Its Tom Penny man only like 13% of anything he posts is serious.

squicken

Just a few thoughts from yesterdays game:

idk how to feel about Bob. The sliding and that awful INT to Haden were a bummer. But CLE blitzes a lot relative to most teams in preseason. Hard to know how much WAS put into working on that during the week

As far as Manziel, he's just playing slow right now. He's a rookie that not ready yet, and everything is too fast for him. I think the coaches have hurt both he and Hoyer the way they have handled this. Someone needs all the first team reps in practice and in preseason.

Top Bottom