• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp 2014 |OT| - This is our year!

Mindlog

Diablo 3 just got delivered for me on the PS4.

I'm halfway through Valiant Hearts right now (which is great) and still have Transistor and Oddworld to playthrough so I'm trying to go a little easy before Destiny finally hits. I'm interested in PvZ though. Does it have any decent single player content for kids? My daughter loves the series.
Kids play the hell out of Garden Warfare.
And most of them have Kinect plugged in.
Great great game. Bought Second Son for $60 and Garden Warfare for $30. Those prices were ass backwards.

Valiant Hearts is so damn good. So damn good.

Yep. It's a great throwback to the point and click adventure games of old. Puzzles are fun without feeling overly obtuse and I love the framework engine. Ubi is doing well with these smaller releases this year (loved Child of Light, too).

eznark

Banned
I might check out Child of Light.

Valiant Hearts reminds me of a slightly less cumbersome The Cave, and I loooooooooooove The Cave.

idk how to feel about Bob. The sliding and that awful INT to Haden were a bummer. But CLE blitzes a lot relative to most teams in preseason. Hard to know how much WAS put into working on that during the week

As far as Manziel, he's just playing slow right now. He's a rookie that not ready yet, and everything is too fast for him. I think the coaches have hurt both he and Hoyer the way they have handled this. Someone needs all the first team reps in practice and in preseason.

I don't know that I agree about that, sounds like something a random ESPN idiot would say. His throws were generally on time they were just off target. Even when he threw behind his receiver (though generally his throws were low) it was a mechanical issue not necessarily a timing issue. He look timid and scared, didn't set his feet, stared at single targets, bailed on the pocket too early at times, etc.

the positive thing is that he made some smart decisions. Physically he just wasn't able to execute. Since we know he can physically complete an 8 yard in, that's not as troublesome as "playing slow" which I assume you mean he is confused by the looks?

Playing slow has always to me been a sort of generic "he looks like shit but can't figure out why" cliche.

GQman2121

Banned
You've been here far too long to get tp'd!

I know. Part time lurker, who is getting reacclimated to the ways of the NFL thread. I'll do better.

is4QMfzcKgaPD.gif

squicken

Playing slow has always to me been a sort of generic "he looks like shit but can't figure out why" cliche.

I thought that on that sack he took early on he was slow in reading the field. Just kind of stood there and looked like he couldn't tell if he wanted to run or hang in there. There was a play later where he scrambled and that guy from Stanford was able to keep up with him. Like he didn't know if he wanted to run or throw. I think when he gets more comfortable with the mental stuff then he will play faster/quicker

I am also not super convinced the Browns WRs and TEs are where they are supposed to be, either. Both Gordon and Cameron had bad drops with Hoyer. The whole offense just looks awful

eznark

Banned
I am also not super convinced the Browns WRs and TEs are where they are supposed to be, either. Both Gordon and Cameron had bad drops with Hoyer. The whole offense just looks awful

Splitting pre-seasons reps was a completely idiotic decision that only a defensive coordinator could love. Just setting up both guys to fail.

Gobias

Banned
They just need to giver Hoyer the job now so he can practice with the first team full time. The timing and communication with all the receivers have been awful, and the entire offense looks lost with both QBs. Just let Manziel sit for awhile.

J.T. Barrett future.

How has he been doing in practice? I haven't really had the time to follow Ohio State much this past off season.

I thought that on that sack he took early on he was slow in reading the field. Just kind of stood there and looked like he couldn't tell if he wanted to run or hang in there. There was a play later where he scrambled and that guy from Stanford was able to keep up with him. Like he didn't know if he wanted to run or throw. I think when he gets more comfortable with the mental stuff then he will play faster/quicker

Not worried about Manziel just needs time to transition and get the mental game down.

As for O in general, not looking good right now. Tate looked really good last night though, west played well also. Cameron had some bad drops, hopefully we can get some chemistry going. I think Gray has looked pretty good these first two games though. Cameron and Gray could be a good two TE set. Name Hoyer the start today and yet JFF get more comfortable with the nfl game. Hoyer isn't as bad as how he played last night.

Lmao

Borderlands blows
Convincing argument. The core gameplay is much more fun and engaging in Borderlands. It takes a lot more skill. DIII is much more reliant on gear and then just *click*click*click*.

Don't get me wrong, I liked DIII alright back when it released on PC (played it for over 100 hours), but it is what it is.

eznark

Banned
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ EASHL or RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ EASHL or RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ EASHL or RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ EASHL or RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ EASHL or RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ EASHL or RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ EASHL or RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ EASHL or RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ EASHL or RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ EASHL or RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ EASHL or RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ EASHL or RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ EASHL or RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ EASHL or RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ EASHL or RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ EASHL or RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ EASHL or RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ EASHL or RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ EASHL or RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ EASHL or RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ EASHL or RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ EASHL or RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ EASHL or RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ EASHL or RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ EASHL or RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ EASHL or RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ EASHL or RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ EASHL or RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ EASHL or RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

haha I don't think TSN expected this reaction to their foray into Twitch

SonnyBoy

idk how to feel about Bob. The sliding and that awful INT to Haden were a bummer. But CLE blitzes a lot relative to most teams in preseason. Hard to know how much WAS put into working on that during the week

As far as Manziel, he's just playing slow right now. He's a rookie that not ready yet, and everything is too fast for him. I think the coaches have hurt both he and Hoyer the way they have handled this. Someone needs all the first team reps in practice and in preseason.

- According to Chris Cooley, there was zero game planning for Cleveland. The scout team defense does not mimic the opponent in preseason until the third game. Again, that's according to him.

Additionally, I was fine with the pick because that's going to happen. It will be a process for him. He can make reads, he's made progressions and he's been successful. He's also been unsuccessful. #shrug Even though it was an INT, he read the defense, made a progression and a decision. He hung in the pocket and wasn't skittish. Those are all improvements to his overall game and things he didn't do as often last ear. The decision making will come with repetition and experience.

The sliding... I dont understand how "elite" athletes can't slide. It's beyond my comprehension.

All that being said, it's hard to get a bead on what RGIII will ultimately be. He's such a mixed bag, across the board. I'm happy to have him though.

I agree with you in regards to Manziel, the game will slow down for him but he won't get any faster. He'll be able to utilize his agility better. If Shanny is going to utilize a similar offense to what RGIII ran, I wonder how much respect defense will give to his running ability and subsequently how it'll effect the coverages.

The 360 release never really went on sale, I doubt this one will for at least a year sadly.

No worries, I'll have to be content with Forza Horizon 2, Haloooooooooooooooooo, FIFA Clubs and Sunset Overdrive.

Might also pick up Ori and the Blind Forest, Dragon Age and that Alien game.

cdyhybrid

Well excuse the fuck out of me you freedom hating bastards. Enjoy your fancy bordeaux and lobsters and boring ass defensive struggles. I'll take more games like Denver-Dallas, Bama-Auburn, Bama-A&M and A&M-Duke

The Rams won't win the division no matter how many rules they implement. Why are you trying to ruin it for the rest of the viewers?

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I like the penalties. DBs have to learn to stop being grabby. Scoring is going to go up. The 3 best teams in football last year were CAR, SF and SEA, and they all played suffocating defense. It may be a good game to watch CAR beat SF 10-9, but it's not what I want to watch week to week.

Give me 45-42 scores, 20 penalty games, and cheap wings and tacos on gamedays!

:buttfumblepost

This is up there with noodle girls, animu garbage, etc.

Top Bottom