• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp 2014 |OT| - This is our year!

Yeah, I mean they gave up a seventh-round pick for Barner. It's not like they completely overvalued him or traded for him over some other really good RB just because he's from Oregon.

In fact, all of the former Ducks they've acquired (Maehl, Dixon, Barner, etc.) have been picked up very cheaply and are mostly there to help fill out the roster. And the one Duck that was considered the best player available and who everyone here wanted the Eagles to acquire, Jairus Byrd, they passed up on.

So no, Chip is not overvaluing his own guys over other consensus BPAs.

Yup, and after reading up on Kenjon Barner and watching some highlights the dude seemed phenomenal at Oregon, I almost wonder if he just didn't have the chance necessary to shine in the NFL. I guess we'll see.

Zeke

The new thread smell..

This is the shit that pisses me off.

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story...llas-cowboys-top-valuable-nfl-team-32-billion

Jerry jones has no reason to change anything if he keeps making money. He's competing with Real Madrid, not the rest of the nfl. Nothing will change unless jerry starts losing money.
heh what's new here. Our only hope are the raiders coming to SA to force Jerry to attempt to field a real team :jnc

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Pretty much kills your own argument when you include him into the discussion, but then again you're most certainly including Stafford in your argument when he has won nothing in the NFL and is like 1-23 against teams that finished a season so im not sure why i expected a rational discussion with you.

Yeah I was joking with the JFF bit, and these Stafford is a bad QB arguments are factually incorrect whether we're talking statistics or overall QB mechanics/talent and anyone who argues otherwise is either trolling or does not know what the hell they're talking about.

Matthew Stafford is a franchise QB and I bet you anything at least 25 GMs in the league would have them as their franchise QB due to his talent and age.

Anyways the season is starting soon and I will be proven right. Staffords' "bad" year last year had him throwing 29 TDs, 19 INTs and close to 5,000 yards with no #2 receiver and a predictable offense.

Bread

Banned
Player often mentioned w/ Jimmy Garoppolo pick. MT @taniaganguli CJ Fiedorowicz w/ TD. Guy can do everything. Zero problems catching ball.

See Pats. You could have had Baby Gronk but noooo you stole our QB
I'd rather have the next Steve Young thank you very much!

Yup, and after reading up on Kenjon Barner and watching some highlights the dude seemed phenomenal at Oregon, I almost wonder if he just didn't have the chance necessary to shine in the NFL. I guess we'll see.

He had 7 yards on 6 carries, so they didnt give him much of a chance, but they were willing to cut him so I guess he didnt show much in practice. I just wish that the Eagles would cast a bit of a wider net when it comes to filling holes on the roster.

Yeah I was joking with the JFF bit, and these Stafford is a bad QB arguments are factually incorrect whether we're talking statistics or overall QB mechanics/talent and anyone who argues otherwise is either trolling or does not know what the hell they're talking about.

Matthew Stafford is a franchise QB and I bet you anything at least 25 GMs in the league would have them as their franchise QB due to his talent and age.

Anyways the season is starting soon and I will be proven right. Staffords' "bad" year last year had him throwing 29 TDs, 19 INTs and close to 5,000 yards with no #2 receiver and a predictable offense.

It also had him losing a lead in the division to a team that went 2-5-1 without their starting QB.

bionic77

You'll just say "wait for the playoffs" then so let's just not worry about it because we're both biased
Definitely not true.

When I am wrong I fess up.

Granted if the Pats are good I will say it is only because they made up for their lack of talent with cheating and excellent sacrifices to Satan, but I will still admit I am wrong if they look better than last year!

Bowser

He had 7 yards on 6 carries, so they didnt give him much of a chance, but they were willing to cut him so I guess he didnt show much in practice. I just wish that the Eagles would cast a bit of a wider net when it comes to filling holes on the roster.

He's trash. Didn't flash in practice, didn't flash in preseason, didn't flash in limited touches last season. He's also worse than a zero in pass protection - complete liability.

I suppose if anyone can get useful touches out of him, it's Kelly.

Definitely not true.

When I am wrong I fess up.

Granted if the Pats are good I will say it is only because they made up for their lack of talent with cheating and excellent sacrifices to Satan, but I will still admit I am wrong if they look better than last year!

Bread has already said that they are going to be using their cameras to cheat this year.

Well they cut him because they had existing strength and depth at the position. That's probably why he never got a whole lot of hand offs.

Striker

Screen%20Shot%202014-08-20%20at%201.03.43%20PM.png

I've heard good things about Warframe but I haven't delved into it. Not sure why War Thunder isn't on that list either.
Got Warframe installed. I'll try Blacklight too.

jakncoke

Banned

Well he certainly isnt "bad" but he also certainly isnt "elite"

MechDX

Brian T. Smith @ChronBrianSmith · 29m #Texans' Watt, Broncos' Clark get into it. Watt: "Don't get mad when you get beat!"

Tell em JJ.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
It also had him losing a lead in the division to a team that went 2-5-1 without their starting QB.

He finished poorly, but it was a whole team effort, and again Stafford had nobody to throw the ball to outside of Megatron.

Remember the Lions/Eagles Snowbowl last year in Philly? Both Foles and Stafford had terrible games due to the conditions but the Lions defense could not stop LeSean McCoy.

The Lions vs. Steelers game late into the season had somewhat similar conditions (cold, cold weather, on the road). Big Ben had 4 TDs, 0 INTs and 367 Yards passing. We were winning most of that game is Stafford supposed to play DB as well?

Against the Ravens on Monday Night Football we lost on a 61 yard field goal. It was Staffords worst game of the year yet we still only lost by 2 points.

He finished poorly, but it was a whole team effort, and again Stafford had nobody to throw the ball to outside of Megatron.

Remember the Lions/Eagles Snowbowl last year in Philly? Both Foles and Stafford had terrible games due to the conditions but the Lions defense could not stop LeSean McCoy.

The Lions vs. Steelers game late into the season had somewhat similar conditions (cold, cold weather, on the road). Big Ben had 4 TDs, 0 INTs and 367 Yards passing. We were winning most of that game is Stafford supposed to play DB as well?

Against the Ravens on Monday Night Football we lost on a 61 yard field goal. It was Staffords worst game of the year yet we still only lost by 2 points.

Stafford had zero completions in the 4th quarter against the Steelers. Zero!!!! How can you blame any other part of the team for that game?

I was stuck on a fucking plane in Boston that day. I was supposed to land at like noon, the plane got diverted from Philly to Boston cause of the snow. I didn't get home until like 8:00pm. It fucking blew. I missed the entire game and a yearly family get together.

jakncoke

Banned

Stafford threw a interception to end the game, was that the defense fault as well?

Yeah, the ATL guys have actually been saying Smith should take the money now, if the Chiefs have a down year, and hence Smith having a down year, perhaps his value will go down. So it's something to keep an eye on.

Also, it's cool to have read Take Your Eye Off The Ball and understand this chart!

BwYGeec.png

Missing a receiver in the 21 Personnel

Anyone who says they went with an eligible tackle for all 6 plays gets a slap

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Stafford had zero completions in the 4th quarter against the Steelers. Zero!!!! How can you blame any other part of the team for that game?

http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/playbyplay?gameId=331117023&period=4

We were leading going into the 4th quarter 27-23 in the redzone, then Schwartz in all his brilliance decided to play safe and run the ball. After we missed a field goal, due to a fumble that would've put us up by 7 points, Big Ben went on a soul crushing 16 play, 97 Yard, 8:03 Minute drive. Stafford did throw a pick after that soul crushing drive, yes, but our defense let Big Ben control us like he forcibly controls women.

If we have Golden Tate or another #2 receiver so Stafford doesn't have to force the ball to Megatron on that pick we win that tough road game in Pittsburgh IMO.

eznark

Banned
http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/playbyplay?gameId=331117023&period=4

We were leading going into the 4th quarter 27-23 in the redzone, then Schwartz in all his brilliance decided to play safe and run the ball. After we missed a field goal, due to a fumble that would've put us up by 7 points, Big Ben went on a soul crushing 16 play, 97 Yard, 8:03 Minute drive. Stafford did throw a pick after that soul crushing drive, yes, but our defense let Big Ben control us like he forcibly controls women.

If we have Golden Tate or another #2 receiver so Stafford doesn't have to force the ball to Megatron on that pick we win that tough road game in Pittsburgh IMO.

So it was Suh's fault

Crisco

Banned
So do the Falcons look like shit or what? I heard that on Hard Knocks, they do this thing where everyone dances around and then Harry Douglas falls down. For his sake I hope that doesn't turn out to be a self fulfilling prophecy.

Top Bottom