• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp 2014 |OT| - This is our year!

Crisco

Banned
When Glennon arrived on NC State's campus, he was like 190 pounds soaking wet. Dude has gained a lot of weight since but still looks like a beanpole.

Google says Mike Glennon and Matt Stafford are both 232lbs. Is that right?
This:
stafford.jpg

does not equal this:
mike-glennon-girlfriend-9.jpg

ShaneB

Missing a receiver in the 21 Personnel

Anyone who says they went with an eligible tackle for all 6 plays gets a slap

Bah! Minor details! But yes, I missed that detail :p

Also, Tony G with some predictions... from this article on NFL.com about his retirement and tempations on coming back, etc

Digging into his new role as a gridiron prognosticator, Gonzalez also offered up a doozie, insisting that Peyton Manning's Broncos will go unbeaten in the regular season before topping the Seahawks in a Super Bowl rematch.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
The predictable play calling, lack of offensive weapons outside of Megatron and the team essentially (IMO) giving up on the coaching staff did us in last year especially after that 61 yard field goal against the Ravens.

You guys can say "but but Megatron" all day long but that does not matter when he is getting double and triple teamed every single play and our receivers are leading the league in dropped passes. When Stafford has some decent weapons to distribute the ball he'll put up numbers like he did in 2011 where he was targeting Titus Young, Nate Burleson, Tony Schefler etc.

Anyways I'm over the 2013 season and supremely confident going into this season. New coaching staff, new schemes and brand new weapons Stafford can sling the ball to. Gone is the predictable Scott Linehan offense of triple reverses, in is the Sean Payton, Drew Brees Saints offense.

Tom Penny

The predictable play calling, lack of offensive weapons outside of Megatron and the team essentially (IMO) giving up on the coaching staff did us in last year especially after that 61 yard field goal against the Ravens.

You guys can say "but but Megatron" all day long but that does not matter when he is getting double and triple teamed every single play and our receivers are leading the league in dropped passes. When Stafford has some decent weapons to distribute the ball he'll put up numbers like he did in 2011 where he was targeting Titus Young, Nate Burleson, Tony Schefler etc.

Anyways I'm over the 2013 season and supremely confident going into this season. New coaching staff, new schemes and brand new weapons Stafford can sling the ball to. Gone is the predictable Scott Linehan offense of triple reverses, in is the Sean Payton, Drew Brees Saints offense.

Megatron led the Lions in drops at WR.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
lol poor Kas, never ending struggle to defend the lions

Defend the Den.

Seriously it's been a long offseason constantly defending this team, and Stafford, but overall the moves we made this offseason getting us a new coaching staff, signing Tate plus our draft picks will finally get us back to 2011 form.

If this team sucked I'd call them out on it. I know we have the talent to beat any team in the league.

Defend the Den.

Seriously it's been a long offseason constantly defending this team, and Stafford, but overall the moves we made this offseason getting us a new coaching staff, signing Tate plus our draft picks will finally get us back to 2011 form.

If this team sucked I'd call them out on it. I know we have the talent to beat any team in the league.

Kas if Lions make the playoffs, I'll buy you a beer.

cajunator

Banned

I prefer the real thing :)

cajunator

Banned
So do I, we did pretty well against it!! :cool:

that wasnt the Saints offense from 09-11 though. Last year was actually pretty weak compared to what I have been used to watching in the Payton/Brees era. It was pretty lethargic and it caught up to us. Hence adding Brandin Cooks and jettisoning some older players (though beloved).

Fox318

ibkxsbf7q121vz.gif

I still remember ESPN shitting on us for this trade.

I think it had more to do with the utter mess the pick was in the first place.

The Browns TRADED UP to get Trent.

Somebody take away Mike Holmgren's Super Bowl ring.

He clearly doesn't know anything about football.

Gobias

Banned

You can't deny that the Richardson/Weeden draft combo was killer.

But this was still around the time everyone thought Richardson was a great running back.

eznark

Banned

Somebody take away Mike Holmgren's Super Bowl ring.

He clearly doesn't know anything about football.

He won a Super Bowl as a coach you stupid shit.

eznark

Banned
Brent and Reggie White won that Super Bowl.

Plus not every team can be so lucky as to face a shit combo like Drew Bledsoe and Parcells.

Jets faced them twice a year and couldn't even make the playoffs.

Matter of fact, that season the Jets were one of the worst teams in the history of the NFL, winning one single game (against a laughable Cardinals team) and giving up 64 combined points to Drew Bledsoe.

Your team fucking sucks bro. Always has, always will. The sad fact is that Butt Fumble isn't some aberration to file away and forget but a perfect representation of J-E-T-S football, past present and most assuredly future.

Top Bottom