• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp 2014 |OT| - This is our year!

Football news:

Mark Cohon will not be seeking a third term as commissioner of the Canadian Football League.

Cohon announced on Tuesday he would not seek a renewal of his expiring contract.

"When I started eight seasons ago, it was my goal to work closely with the Board of Governors to transform the CFL. Together, we have accomplished our goals and much more," Cohon said in a statement.

"From our transformative TV deal with Bell Media, to the renaissance in new and remodeled stadiums across the country, to the reintroduction of CFL football in our nation's capital, to the first comprehensive drug policy in CFL history, to a well-structured new CBA with our players, we have achieved so much."

Cohon oversaw the return of the CFL to Ottawa with the debut of the Redblacks and led the successful negotiation of two Collective Bargaining Agreements, including the current CBA, which runs until 2018.

Cohon's contract expires in April 2015.

http://www.tsn.ca/cfl/story/?id=459858

Bye Mark :(

D4GH6iS.jpg

Fox318

Jets faced them twice a year and couldn't even make the playoffs.

Matter of fact, that season the Jets were one of the worst teams in the history of the NFL, winning one single game (against a laughable Cardinals team) and giving up 64 combined points to Drew Bledsoe.

Your team fucking sucks bro. Always has, always will. The sad fact is that Butt Fumble isn't some aberration to file away and forget but a perfect representation of J-E-T-S football, past present and most assuredly future.

When did I say Kotite knew football? Under Hess they were a mess.

Holgren is a fraud and his tenure with the Browns proves it.

eznark

Banned
When did I say Kotite knew football? Under Hess they were a mess.

Holgren is a fraud and his tenure with the Browns proves it.

He never coached the Browns. There's a reason the Packers let him go to Seattle instead of giving him personnel decisions.

Great coach. Shitty player personnel guy.

Fox318

A mind isn't as sharp in its 60's as its 40's, let's call him a fraud!

And Namath didn't perform well when he was young.

Holgrem traded up 1 spot for a player nobody else wanted at that spot with a team that had fallen in love with another play and had no need at that position.

Fox318

And this makes him a bad coach how exactly?

Shows he doesn't know jack shit about the NFL.

How about drafting a QB instead of trying the get the corpses of QBs of old to play for him?

How about firing a coach who managed to beat the Super Bowl Champs and the Patriots in back to back games with a shit roster?

How about picking one coach and sticking with him instead of changing the system every week?

Channel 3 Sports ‏ @ WKYCSports 2m
# Browns QB Johnny Manziel is addressing the media in Berea

Channel 3 Sports ‏ @ WKYCSports 1m
Manziel: I feel like if I played better, it would've been a different outcome

# Browns QB Johnny Manziel said I still need to learn how to prepare for an NFL week.

Channel 3 Sports ‏ @ WKYCSports 47s
Manziel: I think I need to earn everything. I need to earn my place in this offense. Nothing should be handed to me

Channel 3 Sports ‏ @ WKYCSports 41s
Manziel: I didn't play to the best of my ability the last week and I need to get better

Channel 3 Sports ‏ @ WKYCSports 34s
Manziel: whenever my number is called, I'll be ready

Channel 3 Sports ‏ @ WKYCSports now
Manziel: the game is fast and I need to be quick decisively

Nate Ulrich @NateUlrichABJ · 1m
# Browns QB Johnny Manziel said he was terrible when he arrived at Texas A&M & improved big time. Thinks same can happen in # NFL.

Aditi Kinkhabwala ‏ @ AKinkhabwala 12s
Johnny Manziel very insightfully comparing this to his redshirt at A&M: "It was frustrating, but at the same time I got better."
JFF, the All Around good guy.
Edit: sounded a bit disappointed in presser , but he knows he has things to learn.

MechDX

Clowney take RT @MikeKlis: Jacob Tamme-J. Clowney collided helmets during 9 on 7 drill. Clowney shaken up - sat out rest of practice

Tamme should be fined and suspended.

Who's Fosters direct back up? Didn't Brown get released?
Rams waived/injured RB Isaiah Pead (torn ACL).
Pead tore his ACL while returning the opening kickoff last weekend against the Packers. If he clears waivers, he'll go to the Rams' injured reserve list. He's obviously out for the season, but the former second-round pick has two years left on his rookie contract. A claiming team would have him for 2015. For Pead's sake, it might be best to get claimed and get a fresh start in a new city.
Rams waive Squickens boy

cdyhybrid

Shows he doesn't know jack shit about the NFL.

How about drafting a QB instead of trying the get the corpses of QBs of old to play for him?

How about firing a coach who managed to beat the Super Bowl Champs and the Patriots in back to back games with a shit roster?

How about picking one coach and sticking with him instead of changing the system every week?

But none of those are coaches' jobs.

That stuff doesn't make him a bad coach. Whining like a Goddamn baby when the Hawks lost the Super Bowl does.

Talk to the ref that admitted he blew it. You're never going to get over it are you? You have five legit ones to fall back on, no need to dwell on it.

squicken

eh really don't hate Pead as much as Fisher and Snead for bungling the pick. They got cute trading down and it cost them Bobby Wagner/Mychal Kendricks

Bread

Banned
Furthermore, if the Rams make the playoffs I'll pick the names of three NFL-GAF stalwarts out of a hat and send them all some chocolate.

Should probably have said twenty names, the Rams aren't doing shit this season
If the pats make it to the super bowl you have to give me a few tea bags

Fox318

Why haven't the refs helped us the last 2 seasons?

Did the Rooneys forget to put postage on the checks that were mailed to the commissioners office?

Kraft has been outbidding everyone

Jerry Jones keeps sending his checks to a strip club in Oklahoma for some reason.

Top Bottom