• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp 2014 |OT| - This is our year!

Tim Graham ‏@ByTimGraham 21m
Jim Kelly's doctor releases statement that says "on physical examination, there is no evidence of the cancer."

JIMBO'S CLEAN!

All Praise Be To Tebow

If the pats make it to the super bowl you have to give me a few tea bags

Hump1stPersonView.gif~c200

1203867189_Halo_teabag.gif

WR Josh Huff (shoulder)

Out since suffering an injury in a preseason game against New England Patriots on Friday, August 15th.

After Tuesday's practice Huff spoke with the media and confirmed he suffered an AC (acromioclavicular) sprain. His shoulder is not separated and he doesn't need surgery, but he's not sure how long he'll be out. Huff is no longer wearing the sling he was wearing on Sunday.

This is very worrying. If Huff is out for long then the WR corp would be:
Maclin
Cooper
Smith
Matthews
Benn or Momah

That is a terrible group, not even considering that both Maclin and Cooper have been hurt in camp.

This is very worrying. If Huff is out for long then the WR corp would be:
Maclin
Cooper
Smith
Matthews
Benn or Momah

That is a terrible group, not even considering that both Maclin and Cooper have been hurt in camp.

I really don't think that's as terrible a group as you think dude. It's not going to be a record beating group or anything, but it doesn't have to be. Maclin has a carrer average of like 800 yards per season on a team with DeSean Jackson. He's got a career average of like 13 yards per catch too. He has scored 10 TDs in a single season which is more than Jackson ever has. Maclin could be really good if he can stay healthy.

It's hard to say with Riley Cooper. I don't think he was even given a legit shake until last year because he had to contend with Jackson and Maclin for his entire career. But his yards per reception have been good his entire career. He could be a legit good receiver who never had time to shine and got it last year.

Jordan Matthews is a rookie, but pretty much everything we've seen from him has been solid except his first preseason NFL game. I think tomorrow he will be awesome.

Combine that with the run game and I think the offense is fine. The big problem is the defense and there's no sense in worrying about the offense when you've got way bigger problems.

EDIT: BTW, his AC sprain could be nothing. He'll miss tomorrow probably but if he's out of a sling already he will probably be in game 4, definitely available week 1. The hit he took was vicious and he came out pretty well considering.

Greg

trying this Twitch thing and playing some TLoU online for a few matches to see how my connection holds up while streaming at the highest setting:
http://www.twitch.tv/GregPSN

I still have no clue what I'm doing, and people yell at me a lot

edit: welp, my connection shows 0 bars, so I guess that answers that

I think it is the best thing for him.
Let Hoyer take the beating and then Johnny can figure out the playbook and excel.
If he was starting I think he would get discouraged.

I think Hoyer will be alright. It's this crazy training camp/preseason of splitting all his reps has hurt him, especially in the last game. Manziel needs time to be up close and watch the pro game and learn the offense and the playbook while this is going on.

bionic77

Because many of them are fathers and your quarterback is a serial rapist?
They weren't fathers in 2008 when we won it all?

Or 2 years later when we got back to the Superbowl?

Or are you suggesting that they were ok with rape prior to the 2011 season? Did they all just get together and watch the Accused right before the Packers/Steelers Super Bowl and change their opinions on violent rape afterwards?

Peterson better then Revis?

Did you watch Revis last year? He definitely looked slower, which usually happens after coming back from a knee injury. The question will be is he back to his old self this year or not. He is starting to get up there in years so him coming back 100% is not a lock at all.

eznark

Banned
Because for once they were relevant for a few weeks?

They weren't fathers in 2008 when we won it all?

Or 2 years later when we got back to the Superbowl?

Or are you suggesting that they were ok with rape prior to the 2011 season? Did they all just get together and watch the Accused right before the Packers/Steelers Super Bowl and change their opinions on violent rape afterwards?

It's the NFL, you get one free pass, so the 2008 allegations were forgiven.

bionic77

Did you watch Revis last year? He definitely looked slower, which usually happens after coming back from a knee injury. The question will be is he back to his old self this year or not. He is starting to get up there in years so him coming back 100% is not a lock at all.
Cornerbacks usually don't age very well. Especially now that they are not allowed to touch anyone.

I hope and anticipate that he gets burned and is a massive failure for the Pats.

holmgrens Qb list in Cleveland pretty much looks like this

Seneca Wallace - Delhomme - McCoy - Weeden

Stories that he pulled rank on both McCoy and Weeden.

I remember he didn't even attend the Tannehill browns workout

Reports from camp are saying he looks like the old Revis.

bionic77

Because for once they were relevant for a few weeks?

It's the NFL, you get one free pass, so the 2008 allegations were forgiven.
I am pretty sure that the NFL rules condone some violence to women.

You need to work on a new theory.

Instead of the refs hating the Steelers maybe we just got old and started to suck.

Given up on Manziel already?

smh
Gobias pls don't you ever disrespect me like that. I've never been so insulted.

The bulk of my Manziel defense force is over now that this comp is over and he gets to sit for a bit , a time will arrive when I'm called back to duty

bionic77

Potentially. I'm just glad we were both able to agree that for a long time the refs were responsible for the Steelers success.

They're simply beyond help now.
I agree with this.

By correctly interpreting and enforcing the rules of the game, yes they had some part in the success of the Steelers and the NFL at large.

Similarly the Packers most recent SuperBowl was only possible to due to a hack who blatantly copies our defense, the collapse of the Giants, and the wonders of modern HGH and steroids. Oh yeah and Jay Cutler being a huge fucking pussy.

Fuck you Jay Cutler.

eznark

Banned
lol did he pretend to get hurt in that play too?

I agree with this.

By correctly interpreting and enforcing the rules of the game, yes they had some part in the success of the Steelers and the NFL at large.

Similarly the Packers most recent SuperBowl was only possible to due to a hack who blatantly copies our defense, the collapse of the Giants, and the wonders of modern HGH and steroids. Oh yeah and Jay Cutler being a huge fucking pussy.

Fuck you Jay Cutler.

Also because we totally lit your defense on fire. Like, fucking lit that old decrepit outdated LeBeau shit the motherfuck UP

Top Bottom