• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp 2014 |OT| - This is our year!

The Old Revis

moss-mosses-revis-o.gif

To be fair, that is semi-prime Randy Moss, a top 5 wide out ever.

Bum ass Ted Ginn gave him that work tho

710772_o.gif

bionic77

lol did he pretend to get hurt in that play too?

Also because we totally lit your defense on fire. Like, fucking lit that old decrepit outdated LeBeau shit the motherfuck UP
Only because you guys cheated and didn't run the ball up the middle 2 out of every 3 downs.

Instead you played that pussy west coast liberal communist style of football and relied on speed and skills to run around our veteran, grizzled and manly as fuck defense.

Lombardi was probably rolling in his grave when you guys beat us at women's lacrosse or whatever the fuck sport was being played for the first 2.5 quarters. It surely wasn't football!

cdyhybrid

Only because you guys cheated and didn't run the ball up the middle 2 out of every 3 downs.

Instead you played that pussy west coast liberal communist style of football and relied on speed and skills to run around our veteran, grizzled and manly as fuck defense.

Lombardi was probably rolling in his grave when you guys beat us at women's lacrosse or whatever the fuck sport was being played for the first 2.5 quarters. It surely wasn't football!

Hey now, two of the NFL teams on the West Coast, in two of the most liberal cities in the country (Seattle and Santa Clara) run the ball up the middle 2 out of every 3 downs!

BigAT

Burfict and the Bengals finally got an extension done.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 9m
LB Vontaze Burfict's extension with Bengals is a four-year, $20 million deal, including $7.6 million this year.

Syrinx

Good signing by the Bengals. Wish the Bucs would be more proactive in locking up David long term.

Wasn't Burfict one of those risky low-character guys coming out of college? The dude hasn't had a single incident since coming to the NFL IIRC.

Tom Penny

Did you watch Revis last year? He definitely looked slower, which usually happens after coming back from a knee injury. The question will be is he back to his old self this year or not. He is starting to get up there in years so him coming back 100% is not a lock at all.

He clearly sucked last year

revis-ranks.png

Jets faced them twice a year and couldn't even make the playoffs.

Matter of fact, that season the Jets were one of the worst teams in the history of the NFL, winning one single game (against a laughable Cardinals team) and giving up 64 combined points to Drew Bledsoe.

Your team fucking sucks bro. Always has, always will. The sad fact is that Butt Fumble isn't some aberration to file away and forget but a perfect representation of J-E-T-S football, past present and most assuredly future.
lmao

BigAT

Good signing by the Bengals. Wish the Bucs would be more proactive in locking up David long term.

Wasn't Burfict one of those risky low-character guys coming out of college? The dude hasn't had a single incident since coming to the NFL IIRC.

Yes, he went undrafted as a result. Although it wasn't all character stuff, he also looked slow (and fat?) before the draft if I remember correctly.

Hmmm just got invited to go to browns preseason game on Saturday possibly for free. Do I go hmm
Seats in the 500s though ehhhhh, might be next to new scoreboard though
Edit: checked the seating chart not a horribad view, and right across from one of the new boards

jakncoke

Banned
Yes, he went undrafted as a result. Although it wasn't all character stuff, he also looked slow (and fat?) before the draft if I remember correctly.

Burfict ran the slowest 40-yard dash (5.09 seconds) of any linebacker prospect. He finished slower than several offensive linemen. He bench-pressed 225 pounds just 16 times, fewer than many defensive backs.

IIRC before his last college season he was pegged as a 1st rounder too. Seems to have gotten everything back on track with his life now.

MechDX

#Texan's looked good today. Broncos beat writer extraordinaire @MikeKlis agrees. Says this doesn't look like a 2-14 team.

Told everyone not 2-14!

4-12. 100% improvement!

cajunator

Banned
Hmmm just got invited to go to browns preseason game on Saturday possibly for free. Do I go hmm
Edit: checked the seating chart not a horribad view, and right across from one of the new boards

Dude, GO. Seriously I would so love free tickets to any football game.

#Texan's looked good today. Broncos beat writer extraordinaire @MikeKlis agrees. Says this doesn't look like a 2-14 team.

Told everyone not 2-14!

4-12. 100% improvement!

You're so cute
*scratches you behind the ears

Gobias

Banned

You should go. I've only been able to go to one Browns game and it was to see us lose to a Jeff Garcia led Lions.

Crisco

Banned
Will be interesting see Revis matched up against Benjamin this Friday. He usually clowns receivers in Benjamin's mold. I remember the playoff game he had against the Chargers where he absolutely dominated Jackson and Gates. Benji better have some tricks up his sleeve.

Dude, GO. Seriously I would so love free tickets to any football game.

You're so cute
*scratches you behind the ears

You should go. I've only been able to go to one Browns game and it was to see us lose to a Jeff Garcia led Lions.
Only a possibility, if the guys son can't go. Then I become honorary son.

But I'll probably go, haven't had a chance to see the team in person yet this year, and not sure I'll be able to go to the home opener this year

jakncoke

Banned

Compare this to what you'd probably be doing otherwise. Way which sounds more interesting. Assuming you'd just be on GAF or watching Anime, so go to the game. Its free after all. Spend money on over priced beer, have a good time.

Crisco

Banned
Revis was wasted in a zone scheme last year. Put him on the line of scrimmage in press coverage and he should be back to his old self.

Top Bottom