• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp 2014 |OT| - This is our year!

He's really great. Yesterday's episode was crazy when someone got 182 points by themselves on the final round and their partner got a 0 on all 5 questions.

Love Steve Harvey when any answer or player is dumb.

Damn I had a doctors appointment so I didnt get to watch yesterday but I would have loved to see that. His reactions are amazing. He really does call people out for being dumb which I cant remember any other hosts doing. Richard Dawson was great because he would so openly flirt with female contestants.

jbug617

Banned
Bvk_V9uIQAAxa6N.jpg

It looks so disgusting but I want it.

what is it?

Bread, your pass has been revoked.

I dont see the big deal here. He is saying he is twitchy like a druggie. Oreilly is being stupid and trying to make a bad joke but its harmless. Also drug dealers are usually not the ones actually doing the drugs so its wrong anyway.
Why do people make a big deal out of things news channel personalities say? You all know what all their games are and thats to incite people into reacting. Thats ratings.
The best way to combat this is to do what I do and not watch a single bit of it on any channel.

You missed the controversial bit of that. He said that a political sciences professor at an Ivy League school (who just happened to be black) looked like a drug dealer. Hunt took the higher road and tried to play it off with the cocaine user joke, but after that blatantly racist remark he would've been well within his rights to take O'Reilly to task.

I agree though. O'Reilly's whole game is trolling for hits, any commentary about him (positive and negative) give him power.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Now I have to buy Madden because I'll be honest, I don't know X's and O's very well. Playing a lineman all through peewee, junior high, and high school, you really only sort of learn running plays because of blocking schemes. Pass blocking is what it is.

Oh and playing defensive line? The only thing that changes is where you line up. Easy easy.

I just saw this on the Eagles message board, the Eagles 2011 draft has to be one of the all time worst in NFL history.

2011 1 23 Danny Watkins (cut)

2011 2 54 Jaiquawn Jarrett (cut)

2011 3 90 Curtis Marsh (should be cut soon)

2011 4 116 Casey Matthews (terrible, only on the team due to playing at Oregon)

2011 4 120 Alex Henery (in danger of losing job)

2011 5 149 Dion Lewis (traded to Browns)

2011 5 161 Julian Vandervelde (solid backup)

2011 6 191 Jason Kelce (great player)

2011 6 193 Brian Rolle (cut)

2011 7 237 Greg Lloyd, Jr. (cut)

2011 7 240 Stanley Havili (I believe traded, but no longer on the team)

Just 3 years later and only 2 starters left, and one is a kicker that they just traded for a new kicker to hopefully replace. After this preseason is over there might be only 2 players even left on the team. Can anyone think of a worse draft that any other team has had?

gutshot

I'm sure there's been worse. Jason Kelce is a Pro Bowl caliber player and a couple of the other guys are at least special teams contributors. Definitely a bad draft but probably not a candidate for worst draft ever.

Striker

Giants drafts haven't been so hot in the past five years, either. Big reason why the team is in such messy shape by Reese. Not all his fault for injuries to Kenny Phillips, Terrell Thomas, Chad Jones, and David Wilson (could say Steve Smith too, but that was 2007). Nicks was a great pick, but unfortunate there was no second contract because he got injured and became woefully lazy. Overall, too many blunders and not much use in the mid rounds.

cajunator

Banned
I loooove it. For my entire decade in Austin, I complained all the time about the lack of rain. Getting to hear thunder so frequently is fantastic.

I love rain too actually.
Light rain every day is kind of refreshing especially since the sun comes out right after.
Plus the sound is very relaxing.
Nothing but oppressive heat every day with little rain is why Im not fond of Texas weather.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I love rain too actually.
Light rain every day is kind of refreshing especially since the sun comes out right after.
Plus the sound is very relaxing.
Nothing but oppressive heat every day with little rain is why Im not fond of Texas weather.

Wait, we get a lot of rain in Houston but the rain actually makes it hotter. It doesn't do that over there in Louisiana?

Hunter S.

Forbes has rated the Denver Broncos Fans as #2 greatest fanebase!

They were topped by the Packers fans which actually was the only team I thought could be claimed to beat them. Damn cheese people and Ohians.

I just saw this on the Eagles message board, the Eagles 2011 draft has to be one of the all time worst in NFL history.

2011 1 23 Danny Watkins (cut)

2011 2 54 Jaiquawn Jarrett (cut)

2011 3 90 Curtis Marsh (should be cut soon)

2011 4 116 Casey Matthews (terrible, only on the team due to playing at Oregon)

2011 4 120 Alex Henery (in danger of losing job)

2011 5 149 Dion Lewis (traded to Browns)

2011 5 161 Julian Vandervelde (solid backup)

2011 6 191 Jason Kelce (great player)

2011 6 193 Brian Rolle (cut)

2011 7 237 Greg Lloyd, Jr. (cut)

2011 7 240 Stanley Havili (I believe traded, but no longer on the team)

Just 3 years later and only 2 starters left, and one is a kicker that they just traded for a new kicker to hopefully replace. After this preseason is over there might be only 2 players even left on the team. Can anyone think of a worse draft that any other team has had?

Jerry Reese 2009.

Hakeem Nicks - 1st rounder - Starter for a number of years and we won a Super Bowl in large part thanks to his play but injury plagued, lack of effort his last season and now on a 1 year prove it contract with the Colts.

Clint Sintim LB - 2nd rounder - Total bust. Injury prone, never fit the system.

Will Beatty LT - 2nd rounder - Seemingly the LT of the future but outside of 1-2 good seasons, horribly inconsistent. His poor play in 2013 was one of the reasons the offense shit the bed.

Travis Beckum TE - 3rd rounder - Total bust. Move TE that never fit the system.

Andre Brown RB - 4th rounder - Cut from the team after an achilles tear, returned for 2 uneven seasons, 2 broken legs and cut again.

Rhett Bhomar QB - 5th Rounder - Out of the league.

DeAndre Wright - 6th Rounder - Out of the league.

Stoney Woodson - 7th Rounder - Out of the league.

gutshot

Just doing a quick perusal of recent draft history for the Eagles alone and the 2004 draft is much worse than the 2011 one.

1 16 Shawn Andrews (G)
3 89 Matt Ware (DB)
4 129 J.R. Reed (DB)
4 131 Trey Darilek (G)
5 162 Thomas Tapeh (FB)
6 185 Andy Hall (QB)
6 192 Dexter Wynn (DB)
7 227 Adrien Clarke (G)
7 242 Bruce Perry (RB)
7 243 Dominic Furio (C)

Shawn Andrews had a couple good years but then went crazy. The rest of the guys never even saw the field.

HylianTom

Banned
Wait, we get a lot of rain in Houston but the rain actually makes it hotter. It doesn't do that over there in Louisiana?
Seems to be different every time. Sometimes it'll steam-up like the inside of a dog's mouth, sometimes it'll feel a bit cooler and refreshed.

Bread

Banned
Forbes has rated Denver Broncos Fans as #2 greatest fanebase!

They were topped by the Packers fans which actually was the only team I thought could be claimed to beat them. Damn cheese people and Ohians.
Forbes said Heat fans are the 3rd most loyal in basketball, I'd say Broncos fans are right up there with them!

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
It makes it hotter? No it usually cools things down a bit. Right afterwards when the sun comes back out it does feel like a sauna.

Yeah that's what I mean, immediately after it's way hotter than it ever was before.

Believe it or not, that's completely unusual for me. In both Arkansas and Wisconsin, rain is associated with cold fronts which means it cools down a lot when it rains.

Just doing a quick perusal of recent draft history for the Eagles alone and the 2004 draft is much worse than the 2011 one.

1 16 Shawn Andrews (G)
3 89 Matt Ware (DB)
4 129 J.R. Reed (DB)
4 131 Trey Darilek (G)
5 162 Thomas Tapeh (FB)
6 185 Andy Hall (QB)
6 192 Dexter Wynn (DB)
7 227 Adrien Clarke (G)
7 242 Bruce Perry (RB)
7 243 Dominic Furio (C)

Shawn Andrews had a couple good years but then went crazy. The rest of the guys never even saw the field.

God damn that is worse. Fuck imagine how different that SB run would have been if they could have gotten some players in the draft to help out.

Future that Giants draft was bad but at least Nicks was a big part of winning a SB.

I'll Bite: 2008 Steelers draft

1 (23): Rashard Mendenhall RB - Good starter, fucked in the head. Most notorious for fumbling against The Pack in Super Bowl XLV, and his Bin Laden comments. Retired
2 (53): Limas Sweed, WR - Biggest bust in recent history. Had all the measurables, all the potential, but he just. Couldn't. Catch.
3 (88): Bruce Davis LB - Passed the eye test and nothing else. OOL.
4 (130): Tony Hills, OT - Camp darling, never went any further. Bouncing around the league.
5 (156): Dennis Dixon QB - Couldn't throw for shit.
6 (188): Mike Humpal, LB - Did this guy ever get on the field?
6 (194): Ryan Mundy, FS, - Mediocre safety. Penalty machine with the Steelers, I think he' faring a little better with the GMen though.

Striker

Mundy is in Chicago now. Started little with NY until Will Hill took his job. They didn't seem too interested in resigning him though and opted to bring back Stevie Brown and signing Quentin Demps.

Gobias

Banned
Forbes has rated the Denver Broncos Fans as #2 greatest fanebase!

The article basically said their placement was because of bandwagoners
The Broncos placement is proof interest can wax and wane with bandwagon fans. Prior to Peyton Manning’s arrival the team had three consecutive years of below capacity attendance. The past two seasons it has reported 100.7% and 101% capacity. The team’s merchandise moved up among the best selling during the same time also. The elder Manning went from having among the best sold Colts’ jerseys to the best selling Broncos’ jersey, remaining among the best selling jerseys in the league the whole time. Curse them all you want. Bandwagon fans can be good for business.

Top Bottom