• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp 2014 |OT| - This is our year!

jakncoke

Banned
Never really played NFL Street/NBA Street much, Think I bought them on severe discount or got them as a christmas gift. But it just reminds me of how many games or really genres we wont be getting at all from the past or much of because of various factors including the ever rising budgets of games. Shame really.

Gobias

Banned
When did Xhibit start playing football?
SInce 2005

629193-922108_20041220_004.jpg
I never played NFL Street.

I played NBA Street 2 like it was my job though.

I remember NFL Street 2 being incredibly stupid and fun. Played it non-stop for awhile

Tamanon

Banned
NFL Street was awesome. Laterals were crazy.

NBA Street games were great too, although I preferred NBA Ballerz for my EXTREEEEEEEEME NBA action.

The best part of NFL Street was wall-running. The best part of NBA Street was playing with a friend and alley-ooping off of the backboard to each other multiple times for ultimate points.

This hits pretty close to home (slightly LiveJournalish)

Cam Newton visits injured high school QB in the hospital

ESPN said:
There's not enough time in the week for Carolina Panthers quarterback Cam Newton to fulfill all the requests he gets to visit people in the hospital.

But in the case of Jaylend Ratliffe, he made an exception.

Ratliffe, a senior quarterback at Laurinburg (N.C.) Scotland High School, recently had brain surgery after suffering a fractured skull in a July 30 ATV accident.

Newton visited the player, who has committed to Georgia Tech, on Tuesday.

"I didn't know what to expect walking into the room,'' Newton said following Thursday's practice. "And whether he knows it or not, his day brightened my day with me seeing him and seeing his attitude.''

Ratliffe's football future is uncertain, although Georgia Tech announced it plans to honor the scholarship commitment. He was put into a medically induced coma to reduce swelling in the brain and was on a ventilator for a week.

A little background: Scotland is my alma mater. Jaylend has been the star of a team that has won a NC state championship and got to another state title game. This is/would have been his senior year.

Since he got hurt, there's been a huge outpouring of support from the community for him and his family. It's actually become a pretty big story throughout the region. (We could have a discussion on how crazed/obsessed small towns are over high school football and whether that's a good thing or a bad thing, but that's a debate for another time). It's cool to see Cam give his time like this. No one expected him (or even asked him) to visit Jaylend, but he did.

TL;DR: Cam is a good dude yall. I don't care about all of that laptop/bribe mumbo jumbo.

thatsmyqb.gif

MechDX

J.J. Watt on Broncos picking fights with him: “David always wants to take down Goliath. “ never seen players want to fight after being beat.

"You guys saw what happened yesterday. You win on the field. You don't have to fight if you win on the field." J.J. Watt #Texans

Watt had fights started with him again. Broncos o linemen mad.

A little background: Scotland is my alma mater. Jaylend has been the star of a team that has won a NC state championship and got to another state title game. This is/would have been his senior year.

Since he got hurt, there's been a huge outpouring of support from the community for him and his family. It's actually become a pretty big story throughout the region. (We could have a discussion on how crazed/obsessed small towns are over high school football and whether that's a good thing or a bad thing, but that's a debate for another time). It's cool to see Cam give his time like this. No one expected him (or even asked him) to visit Jaylend, but he did.

TL;DR: Cam is a good dude yall. I don't care about all of that laptop/bribe mumbo jumbo.

thatsmyqb.gif
Pretty cool of Cam. He always seemed like a cool dude to me. That's a sad story though, I hope the guy is able to recover without any major lingering issues.

cajunator

Banned

thatsmyqb.gif

Cam isnt a bad guy. Only haters say he is. Even us division rival fans can see that Cam is a good quarterback and he's coming around. I definitely dont take the guy lightly and Im certain the Saints dont.

Shirtless League message!

Draft this Sunday, 12 PM EST!

Gonna PM all your asses as well, please let me know again that you have seen this. Via email, PM or Twitter!

Jason Kelce comes in at No. 67 on ESPN.com's list of the top 100 offensive players:

Kelce and the Eagles offensive line helped create holes for a running game that averaged an NFL-best 3.6 yards before contact per rush last season.

Kelce is amazing. 3.6 yards before contact? Holy shit.

Hunter S.

J.J. Watt on Broncos picking fights with him: “David always wants to take down Goliath. “ never seen players want to fight after being beat.

"You guys saw what happened yesterday. You win on the field. You don't have to fight if you win on the field." J.J. Watt #Texans

Watt had fights started with him again. Broncos o linemen mad.
J. J. is just glad they missed the playoffs so no Broncos this year.

jbug617

Banned
2009 Pats Draft Class was bad. Edelman was a steal tho in the 7th round.

2a Pat Chung, SS, Oregon
2b Ron Brace, DT, Boston College
2c Darius Butler, CB, Connecticut
2d Sebastian Vollmer, OL, Houston
3a Brandon Tate, WR, North Carolina
3b Tyrone McKenzie, LB, South Florida
4 Rich Ohrnberger, OL, Penn State
5 George Bussey, OL, Louisville
6a Jake Ingram, LS, Hawaii
6b Myron Pryor, DT, Kentucky
7a Julian Edelman, WR, Kent State
7b Darryl Richard, DT, Georgia Tech

Dragon

Banned
IPAs aren't the best, they are just trendy.

They are 9/10 times too hoppy to have flavor complexity. Saison is the best style of beer. Sours are up there. Skip the IPA and get a Pale Ale if you want that hop flavor.

Nah. I love the taste of a nice IPA. I don't even understand your flavor complexity comment so I'll just leave it there. You obviously know more about the subject than me, but I have my own preferences :).

Lagunitas Little Sumpin is currently my fav.

Nah. I love the taste of a nice IPA. I don't even understand your flavor complexity comment so I'll just leave it there. You obviously know more about the subject than me, but I have my own preferences :).

Lagunitas Little Sumpin is currently my fav.

Oh don't get me wrong I love IPAs, it's just that the bitterness can override a lot of the flavor that is present in the beer. They are also never refreshing. That's what I love about Saisons. They are crisp, refreshing, and have these incredibly complex flavors. They're great for pairing with food, and every sip you take brings out a flavor profile you didn't notice before.

I just see a lot of people jump on the craft beer bandwagon and exclusively drink IPAs. You look at what some craft beer bars carry and half of it is IPAs. Now there's this whole idiotic trend called "session IPA" which is actually just a goddamn pale ale so I have no idea why we're calling them session IPAs.

Edit: The worst thing to happen to anyone who actually enjoys craft beer are those stupid apps that track what beers you have had. People just order a different beer every time for the badge instead of drinking beer they actually fucking like.

Doomsayer

IPA's are good in the summer, but I'm not the biggest fan anymore. My palate has changed a lot lately, I like more complex stuff. Barrel Aged beers are the best... sours, stouts, porters. etc..

Anyone who lives in SoCal should check out The Bruery. Fantastic stuff.

Dragon

Banned
75898.jpg

Going on a brewery tour on Saturday for my birthday and plan to have one of these. Charlotte beers have come a long way while I've been here. Stone almost opened an east coast branch here and I would have effin loved that.

Top Bottom