• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp 2014 |OT| - This is our year!

Doomsayer

I hate talking about prices of beer...

I just bought a $50 bottle of Grey Monday
The-Bruery-Grey-Monday.jpg

Well it was cheaper with my discount but still... worth every penny.

I spend entirely too much money on beer.

jakncoke

Banned

Have not been to nfl/mlb game before? prices are stupid. i cant really remember what the prices of beer was at the browns/steelers game or indians/pirates in cleveland. But at pnc the prices i recall

it was like 8.25 for ic light/ic can 12oz
12 dollars for 24 oz cans of non domestics like corona and shit
10.25 for cans of miller light/bud domestics
drafts were 9.25

Maybe there was other places with better prices, but I seriously doubt it.

My brother paid 6 bucks for i think 5 pierogies lol

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
I'm pretty sure that tailgating was invented for the sole purpose of not having to buy drinks and food inside the stadium.
And to get fucking loaded, of course.

Bowser

Hurney's last three drafts were basura outside of five picks (bolded)

Everette Brown (2nd round)
Sherrod Martin
Corvey Irvin
Mike Goodson
Tony Fiammetta
Duke Robinson
Captain Munnerlyn

Jimmy Clausen (2nd round)
Brandon LaFell
Armanti Edwards
Eric Norwood
Greg Hardy
David Gettis
Jordan Pugh
Tony Pike
R.J. Stanford
Robert McClain

Cam Newton
Terrell McClain
Sione Fua
Brandon Hogan
Kealoha Pilares
Lawrence Wilson
Zachary Williams
Lee Ziemba

2010 in particular outside him hitting on Hardy was clownshoes.

To be fair to Hurney, he was also the GM for the 2012 draft which brought us Luke Da Gawd Kuechly but also some other valuable contributors. First round picks weren't Hurney's problem though, it was basically every other round. Even Jeff Otah was a worthy pick for a season until he ate his lazy ass out of the league.

Luke Kuechly - DRoty, DPotY, future HoFer
Amini Silatolu - looked good last season before injury
Frank Alexander - suspended for PEDs first four games, but great depth and could be Hardy's replacement next season
Joe Adams - lol
Josh Norman - Hot head but shows flashes of greatness
Brad Nortman - looked like shit his rookie season, one of the best punters in the league now
DJ Campbell - whatever

Mindlog

This thread got a lot less shit. Nice.
Beer is my language.
Can't go wrong with a tasty Jai Alai.
uoc57f6.jpg

The 50 cent challenge thread in OT is great.

To be fair to Hurney, he was also the GM for the 2012 draft which brought us Luke Da Gawd Kuechly but also some other valuable contributors. First round picks weren't Hurney's problem though, it was basically every other round. Even Jeff Otah was a worthy pick for a season until he ate his lazy ass out of the league.

Forgot that he wasn't let go until midway through that season.

Completely agree on that first round thing though.

The Panthers literally haven't had a first round bust since 2000

2001 - Dan Morgan AKA Kuechly Prototype
2002 - Julius Peppers (The Original HE PLAYED BASKETBALL TOO!!!)
2003 - Jordan Gross
2004 - Chris Gamble
2005 - Thomas Davis
2006 - DWill
2007 - Jon Beason
2008 - Jonathan Stewart
2011 - Ace Boogie AKA Killa Cam
2012 - Luke Kuechly AKA Clark Kent
2013 - Starlite Star Bright Lotulelei

Benji got next

cdyhybrid

I stopped by Ninkasi on my recent trip up north. Cool little place, but really mediocre beers. That is the best of their lineup.

Good to hear, haven't tried it yet. I really liked their winter seasonal too, but I don't think I've tried any of their other stuff.

Probably better that I don't try too much of their stuff, they're based in the worst town on the face of the planet.

Doomsayer

Good to hear, haven't tried it yet. I really liked their winter seasonal too, but I don't think I've tried any of their other stuff.

Probably better that I don't try too much of their stuff, they're based in the worst town on the face of the planet.

Eugene is kind of a shithole, isn't it?

I think you'll dig it. If you're around Portland often you should check out Cascade, if you're into sours and experimental beer. Base Camp and Hair of the Dog are pretty cool, too.

cdyhybrid

I think you'll dig it. If you're around Portland often you should check out Cascade, if you're into sours and experimental beer. Base Camp and Hair of the Dog are pretty cool, too.

I'm not, if I can help it. Too many bandwagon Nike U fans.

I'll keep those names in mind though!

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Randomly I was thinking about Super Bowls and was trying to remember the first one I actually paid attention to.

As you all know I haven't been a fan for too long compared to the rest of you. I do remember the Bills choking spectacularly for those 4 straight years but I never watched the games, I just knew they were losers.

I remember seeing the end of the 49ers Super Bowl in 1995 because of Steve Young asking someone to take the monkey off his back.

But I think the first Super Bowl I actually watched from start to finish was in 2005 when the Pats beat the Eagles. Didn't understand much of what I was seeing but it was enough to be a start of the process.

jakncoke

Banned
Why did you take the time to do this

Because last night, Eleuin clicked a link and bumped the super bowl thread and I am razzing him. Silly patriot drunk.

Edit: Also took less than 5 minutes to find those, all you have to do is set the OT to order by most posts in a thread and click a random number in the order and chances are a NFL thread is somewhere near the top.

75898.jpg

Going on a brewery tour on Saturday for my birthday and plan to have one of these. Charlotte beers have come a long way while I've been here. Stone almost opened an east coast branch here and I would have effin loved that.
That Gose they make now is good if you like sours. Go next door to Birdsong while you're there if you haven't been. Way better atmosphere IMO. Free peanuts! Happy Birthday!

Top Bottom