• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp 2014 |OT| - This is our year!

squicken

I'd rather a console be too powerful for its cooling, run hot, and have a lot of early failures, than underpowered and nice and safe and cool. 360 was awesome. RRoD was just part of the experience

smh Squicken. I was lucky in that my launch 360 is still going, albeit it sounds like a 747 about to take off. Only had one RROD when GTA 4 launched and it only took a week or so to get it sent to Germany, fixed and shipped back to me. If I'd gone through half a dozen red rings I'd probably be singing a different tune.

Then again I had to keep my OG Playstation upside down permanently to get the sodding thing to read game discs so maybe I don't care all that much as long as the games are good.

I am in the exact same boat! Some of you bros better play FIFA with me this time around...

All the best FIFA action is happening on xbone brah

What team is yours friend?
efu1r.St.56.jpeg

Spades is a member of Elite-GAF.

Tom Penny

I'd rather a console be too powerful for its cooling, run hot, and have a lot of early failures, than underpowered and nice and safe and cool. 360 was awesome. RRoD was just part of the experience

Agreed. I bought 5 Suzuki Samuari's regardless of flipping them over all the time taking a corner.

Dragon

Banned

I'd rather not create false choices.

Can we just kick the AFC East out of the league and be done with it. Losing the buttfumble is a small price to pay.

Between you Bread and Yankee, you certainly balance out my more fanboyish tendencies.

eznark

Banned
Weird my insanely powerful PCs have only overheated once...when it was struck by lightning. Get fucked squicken.

Darkest at some point will you link these reading pow convincing you that totally untested Lazor is a genius?

Dragon

Banned
I bet I know what you picked in that poll.

The hack fiasco was awful, and I have never put my credit card credentials on Sony platforms since and really won't again. It just makes me do an extra step of buying PSN cards on amazon. Which is whatever.

I'd argue for RROD in this case though, primarily because of the coverup involved. Both situations are awful though.

I can't wait until the Jolly Ranchers collapse under the weight of expectations as they always do.

The Bucs aren't winning the division. Sorry national media trying to look smart and pick a dark horse team. They aren't winning the division.

Bread

Banned
I never understood buying consoles at launch. You're basically beta testing a console at it's highest price with the least software.
Because it's not unusual for great games to come out at launch. This gen sucked, but past gens haven't.

At launch for the 360 I had PDZ, Condemned, and CoD2. The last 2 were a couple of my favorite games from last gen.

I never understood buying consoles at launch. You're basically beta testing a console at it's highest price with the least software.

While this true, when a console launches I get all excited and just charge full steam ahead because fuck it

tumblr_lyc51tCVGv1r03eaxo1_400.gif

Games are awesome.

Gamers are fucking arseholes

Weird my insanely powerful PCs have only overheated once...when it was struck by lightning. Get fucked squicken.

Darkest at some point will you link these reading pow convincing you that totally untested Lazor is a genius?
The first was a piece Eagles-GAF linked right after the Dolphins hired him. I don't remember who linked it and I can't find it now but it detailed Lazor's processes as QB coach in Philly and I was very impressed. Basically the guy is a stickler for details and he comes off as extremely intelligent.

Then there was this but I linked that to you yesterday.

I also found this three part series of articles to be a good read. It goes into detail about how the offense has changed under Lazor and the changes strike me as very positive. I know "up-tempo" and "lots of motion" are kind of flavor of the week phrases in the NFL right now but I think this style of offense is exactly what the Dolphins can succeed with based on their personnel.

Then there is just the simple fact that I'm reading Dolphins news every day. I know the offseason is a time of optimism but I have seen nothing but constant praise for the new offense from everyone who has seen it; from the players to the media to the coaches. There is a lot of positive buzz around what Lazor is doing in Miami.

Lastly I look at the rise of Nick Foles. Last year was far too impressive for me to write it off as a fluke.

Lazor still has a lot to prove clearly as this is his first OC gig in the NFL. He didn't exactly light the world on fire as OC at UVA but college is a different world because of the extreme variability in talent. I mean, it's UVA.

There is a chance that Lazor will always be nothing but a good QB coach. I acknowledge that possibility. We'll see how it shakes out but for the time being I am impressed with what I've seen so far and reports of Lazor's intelligence and football knowledge are what stand out to me the most.

fuck is going on in here and do I get to now hear coverage for my Browns without having to hear about what Johnny had for lunch and how it might affect game 1?

fuck is going on in here and do I get to now hear coverage for my Browns without having to hear about what Johnny had for lunch and how it might affect game 1?

They're going to show close-ups of Johnny after every Hoyer incomplete pass.

They're going to show people in the crowd with WE WANT JOHNNY FOOTBALL signs after every Hoyer interception.

Every bad play will be "What if Johnny was in there instead? Would he have made that mistake? Could he have made that play?"

Your nightmare hasn't ended. It's just beginning

Top Bottom