• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp 2014 |OT| - This is our year!

Tamanon

Banned
Can he be considered defenseless if he has possession?

Absolutely. Defenseless doesn't mean they don't have the ball, just that it's a blindside hit they can't avoid.

(2) A receiver attempting to catch a pass; or who has completed a catch and has not had time to protect himself or has not clearly become a runner. If the receiver/runner is capable of avoiding or warding off the impending contact of an opponent, he is no longer a defenseless player;

http://nflcommunications.com/2011/12/27/definition-of-a-defenseless-player/

We haven't played in ages, though. :(

Now that I'm "done" with Seasons my FIFA playing is manager mode with Man U. The first thing I did when the transfer window opened was trade Van Persie and a bunch of money to Real Madrid for Ronaldo. How much do you hate me?

When FIFA 15 drops we will pick it up again! Gonna be Chelsea all the time now, I ain't scared of Ronaldo!
I'm kinda scared of Ronaldo

MechDX

PDS ‏@PatDStat · 2m
NFL AM trying to compare Clowney and Sam. Forgot to put that Clowney has 27 snaps, Sam 60. #Texans g
PDS ‏@PatDStat · 2m
that too. RT @Jake_TSV: @PatDStat and that he’s going against 1st team OL’s.

BvpzEu0CAAAX2se.jpg:large

MechDX

Is Clowney playing with the first team against teams their first offenses?

Yeah. I just edited in another tweet. Clowney has only played vs 1st teams.

Creating news.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter · 1m
Browns QB Johnny Manziel was fined $12,000 for flipping bird at Redskins bench Monday night, per league source.

Drop In the bucket but still a lot of coke.

When FIFA 15 drops we will pick it up again! Gonna be Chelsea all the time now, I ain't scared of Ronaldo!
I'm kinda scared of Ronaldo
Sounds like a plan! Our matches were so fun
/terrifying
. I have no idea who I'll play with the most. I don't like using Real but Ronaldo is just better than everyone else. I might pick Man U back up but I kind of sucked with them in 14 so who knows.

Dragon

Banned
I may be able to get FIFA 15 for free! Sister site (goal.com) is doing all the live scoring in the game!

/terrifying
. I have no idea who I'll play with the most. I don't like using Real but Ronaldo is just better than everyone else. I might pick Man U back up but I kind of sucked with them in 14 so who knows.

I beat a coworker yesterday with Arsenal and he was Chelsea. But I had to replace that dumb German dude because he was slower than Stafford with Brady's knees.

MechDX

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet · 2m
#Browns backup QB Johnny Manziel was fined $12,000 for his middle finger at the #Redskins sideline, source said.

Source = Schefters twitter feed

Greg

I play pretty regularly with one or two other guys. We all wear mics and communicate the entire game. You should team up with us one night!
I'm down - although I still need to buy an adapter so I can use my mic with the PS4

not familiar with the maps yet, but I think I'm picking up on the game pretty fast

I beat a coworker yesterday with Arsenal and he was Chelsea. But I had to replace that dumb German dude because he was slower than Stafford with Brady's knees.
Mertesacker just looks like such a badass, though! Plus his name is fun to say. Per Mertesacker.

I'm down - although I still need to buy an adapter so I can use my mic with the PS4

not familiar with the maps yet, but I think I'm picking up on the game pretty fast
Nice!

I just use the mic that comes with the PS4. It's cheap but it gets the job done just fine. TLoU is so much fun when you play with a well coordinated team, to the point where I don't even bother playing by myself.

/terrifying

I remember that one game you were up 4-0 and I came back 4-3 and almost scored in the last minute.

Those were the days!

Nice!

I just use the mic that comes with the PS4. It's cheap but it gets the job done just fine. TLoU is so much fun when you play with a well coordinated team, to the point where I don't even bother playing by myself.

How big are the teams!? I wanna join!

I remember that one game you were up 4-0 and I came back 4-3 and almost scored in the last minute.

Those were the days!

How big are the teams!? I wanna join!
Can we not talk about that game? Pretty sure I had a mini heart-attack.

The game is 4 v 4 but a lot of times I'm just playing with one other guy. You should join us! The only bad part for you is that we are usually starting around 9 PM EST.

He's just so slow and my coworker just kept throwing 50/50 balls down the middle to that Eto'o guy and Mertesacker had no chance.
Yeah, defending against the lobbed through pass takes a long time to get decent at, and it doesn't help when you have slow CB's.

Dragon

Banned
Can we not talk about that game? Pretty sure I had a mini heart-attack.

The game is 4 v 4 but a lot of times I'm just playing with one other guy. You should join us! The only bad part for you is that we are usually starting around 9 PM EST.

I'll be drunk tonight and may hop on. Wienke can attest to my shitty shitty aim.

"Uh dude you do know you can shoot people in the head right?" :jnc

jakncoke

Banned
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet · 2m
#Browns backup QB Johnny Manziel was fined $12,000 for his middle finger at the #Redskins sideline, source said.

Source = Schefters twitter feed

Ah, I predicted 7500, I thought 7500 was the usual for first time flippers. Maybe im wrong, but then again didnt someone here this offseason post the leaked guidelines.

brentech

Rams have this UDFA DE named Ethan Westbrooks who is having a far better camp and preseason than Sam. Both may make the team, but if they just keep one, it will probably be Westbrooks

Are Sam's reps even with first team? Honestly don't know, but I would think not. Completely unfair to compare him to Clowney if that's the case.

jakncoke

Banned
Why not?

Stupider things have happened

Has anyone successfully appealed something like this, hell in the appeal process how many times do nfl players actually win. It doesnt happen often it seems, go against GODdell mafia you get fucked up!

Rams have this UDFA DE named Ethan Westbrooks who is having a far better camp and preseason than Sam. Both may make the team, but if they just keep one, it will probably be Westbrooks

How dare the Rams, Sam was suppose to be a 1st round pick, he was the SEC defensive player of the year! How dare they and even you for considering Sam might not be good enough to be in the NFL

If this happens, there going to be so many casual in here acting like they know football and trying to argue with us that the Rams are bigots..et

Lan Dong Mik

And why would I want them?
So stoked for Packers game tonight. 3rd preseason games are always the best.

Also stoked that I am now a full member on this board wool! Tis a good day.

bionic77

Has anyone successfully appealed something like this, hell in the appeal process how many times do nfl players actually win. It doesnt happen often it seems, go against GODdell mafia you get fucked up!
Didn't some Seahawks get off for PEDs and some players get off for fines on hits that were later found to be legal?

squicken

Are Sam's reps even with first team? Honestly don't know, but I would think not. Completely unfair to compare him to Clowney if that's the case.

Yeah he's playing with the backups. He's really more of a hustle guy as far as making plays. He lost weight to play special teams, but he's still not fast enough for coverage. I think he ultimately gets cut, but someone will pick him up. Rams are just stacked on the DL

Not really, but it's not like it's really gonna hurt him to try

bionic77

So stoked for Packers game tonight. 3rd preseason games are always the best.

Also stoked that I am now a full member on this board wool! Tis a good day.
I thought we all agreed that the preseason meant nothing?

ESPECIALLY the 3rd game?

Anyone else with me?

Also can we agree that last season doesn't count for much for what will occur this season and that intelligence in coaches is overrated?

manfestival

im performing tonight on a new routine that I have been practicing for 4 months. I am completely anxious and stressed out. what to do to relieve this stress?

I thought we all agreed that the preseason meant nothing?

ESPECIALLY the 3rd game?

Anyone else with me?

Also can we agree that last season doesn't count for much for what will occur this season and that intelligence in coaches is overrated?

They are meaningless, but they are closer to an actual game then the other ones since starters play longer and they game plan a little more.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Anyone with ESPN Insider care to share the Nick Foles portion of this piece?

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/stor...ed-nfl?ex_cid=InsiderTwitter_FBO_NFLRANKAudit

Nick Foles, Philadelphia Eagles (No. 99 offense)

I suppose that we have to figure out how to balance the fact that quarterbacks are inherently more valuable than any other position, but a bigger issue here is a discounting of Foles based on the fact that his 2013 season, while amazing, was just one season. The problem there is internal consistency: How on earth are Tyrann Mathieu and Kenny Vaccaro among the 60 best defensive players in the NFL after just one year apiece but Foles is just No. 99 among offensive players after ranking fifth in Total QBR last year? Yes, a lot of Foles' yardage is built into the Philadelphia offense, which had the highest YAC average (6.6) since Football Outsiders began tracking in 2005, but total QBR already considers that. No, I'm not suggesting Mathieu or Vaccaro should be lower -- but if we're willing to grade young players based solely on what they did in 2013, Foles has to be higher.

Top Bottom