• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp 2014 |OT| - This is our year!

They're going to show close-ups of Johnny after every Hoyer incomplete pass.

They're going to show people in the crowd with WE WANT JOHNNY FOOTBALL signs after every Hoyer interception.

Every bad play will be "What if Johnny was in there instead? Would he have made that mistake? Could he have made that play?"

Your nightmare hasn't ended. It's just beginning
Just imagine the articles after every loss.

bionic77

I'd rather a console be too powerful for its cooling, run hot, and have a lot of early failures, than underpowered and nice and safe and cool. 360 was awesome. RRoD was just part of the experience
:lol

Is this a serious post?

I think the fact of the matter is that most gamers are just stupid people. There are a lot of smart and cool people who play games too and that is the narrative we want to push, but that doesn't jive with what I see posted in message boards about games and it definitely doesn't agree with what I see when I used to go to Gamespot.

And console wars is a stupid thing to argue about.

So when you get a stupid topic and you get stupid people talking about it what outcome can you reasonably expect? Now throw in a ton of people working for those companies spamming these boards and you get gaming side.

I will never understand this kind of attachment people have to consoles. I felt that way about my NES, but I was 8 years old and then I grew up...

Speaking of football KAS update your photos. Fraudgers latest beard is Olivia Munn. And also no one looks good in those beach pictures for some reason.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 13m
#Browns Mike Pettine says to @SiriusXMNFL a 2-QB system's something to "potentially look at down the road." An option if Hoyer holds the job

Browns have lost the plot.

No reason to put a change of pace package in the playbook for a slow midget.

Tamanon

Banned
#Browns Mike Pettine says to @SiriusXMNFL a 2-QB system's something to "potentially look at down the road." An option if Hoyer holds the job

Already bringing up the Tebow package! This is going great for the Browns!

Gobias

Banned

I saw this but I didn't post it because I didn't want it to be true. Hopefully Pettine is just talking out of his ass and doesn't actually mean it's going to happen.

Pettine pls

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
destiny17_display_image.jpg

Better shape, hotter chick, and a world champion.

Keep losing Stafford!

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

Pettine needs an adult

Already bringing up the Tebow package! This is going great for the Browns!

Factory of sadness indeed.

Browns should have hired LJ11 as a head coach and probably would have gotten better results for way less money than whatever they're paying Pettine.

brentech

I think the Browns have gone all wrong about this.
When you draft a 1st rounder who has the immediate hype level of JF, if you're going to have a QB competition it's only in name for him to try harder and you start him on the basis of his future.

Otherwise, you don't excite the fans and from day 1; you say he won't be starting (if he actually wins camp it's a surprise if he starts).

I don't see any a value in telling the kid he lost and shelving get him. He clearly has ego and he needs all the confidence they can give.
It's the same situation with Brady Quinn, except Quinn had no where near the popularity of Manziel and It didn't really matter.

haha yeah, it's really been incredibly dumb (more than usual) on the gaming side for awhile now.

Takes a while for that new console launch stink to dissipate. I remember reading the archives from 05-06 and just being stunned by the idiocy running rampant. Hopefully it normalizes and obnoxious corporate championing will be bannable offenses once again.

bionic77

I think the Browns have gone all wrong about this.
When you draft a 1st rounder who has the immediate hype level of JF, if you're going to have a QB competition it's only in name for him to try harder and you start him on the basis of his future.

Otherwise, you don't excite the fans and from day 1; you say he won't be starting (if he actually wins camp it's a surprise if he starts).

I don't see any a value in telling the kid he lost and shelving get him. He clearly has ego and he needs all the confidence they can give.
It's the same situation with Brady Quinn, except Quinn had no where near the popularity of Manziel and It didn't really matter.
There is no correct way on when to start a qb. Sometimes it works to start them right away. Sometimes they benefit from waiting for part or a whole season.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Meh. I think it's fine. JF8 needed his ego checked, anyway. It would have been better for the Browns if one of their qb's had actually played well enough to win the job. Having two guys look like crap, the choice was easy, imo. Put the vet in, otherwise you might lose the rest of the team.

Spades

There is no correct way on when to start a qb. Sometimes it works to start them right away. Sometimes they benefit from waiting for part or a whole season.

Correct, but the Browns brought this problem on for themselves when they drafted him but not giving a clear comment on who the starter was. As was said above, they should've said Johnny wouldn't be starting and Hoyer was their #1. Surely that would've motivated Manziel to kick ass in camp/pre-season and then he could've won the starters job on performance.

bionic77

Maybe but Munn would be the better lay, she's kinky as fuck.
I was talking about the blonde prostitute (assumption) in that beach pic.

Munn is just as hot as Staffords girl. I can't assume to know which one is the better lay. Munn is a known whore so she has experience. But Staffords girl must have a strong core and legs to handle him on top. She is also into fat guys so she had low standards just like Munn. Too close to call.

Tamanon

Banned
Yeah, the competition would've been no problem at all if Hoyer didn't also suck. Usually you have a vet and a rookie and you can point to a vet's minor successes in camp/preseason as a reason to keep him in place. In the Browns' case, both QBs were dumpster fires.

bionic77

Correct, but the Browns brought this problem on for themselves when they drafted him but not giving a clear comment on who the starter was. As was said above, they should've said Johnny wouldn't be starting and Hoyer was their #1. Surely that would've motivated Manziel to kick ass in camp/pre-season and then he could've won the starters job on performance.
Eli didn't start with the Giants. They used Kurt at first and then brought in Eli late. And Eli was kind of the first pick.

That worked out pretty well for the Giants.

brentech

Naturally. But this is the Browns. I think they're one of the few teams that should start their first round pick. That they traded back up to get.

Greg

Munn is just as hot as Staffords girl. I can't assume to know which one is the better lay. Munn is a known whore so she has experience. But Staffords girl must have a strong core and legs to handle him on top. She is also into fat guys so she had low standards just like Munn. Too close to call.
:jnc

bionic77

But the Giants said all along that Kurt was starting, no?
I don't remember.

But I think that most of this is just the assumption that the Browns are doing this the wrong way which is unfair because you guys are only basing that on like the past 15 years of experience.

Gobias

Banned
Naturally. But this is the Browns. I think they're one of the few teams that should start their first round pick. That they traded back up to get.

Why start him when he's clearly not ready? He wasn't just bad, he apparently doesn't even have a grasp on the offense yet. It would probably be a disaster to start him day 1. Might as well just call him the backup now so Hoyer can try to get some chemistry with the offense. It's better in the short and long term for Hoyer to start.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

They did though. They said from the start Hoyer was the starter but Johnny would have a chance to compete for it.

Their biggest fuck up I feel was game 2 splitting the series.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet

southern-elephant-seal-adult-with-young-lg.jpg

zychi

Banned

If the Browns have no idea what they're doing, why even sign Manziel? Just grab Tebow off the couch, let the Bible belt buy his jersey, and watch as Jesus Football gets the Browns 6 wins singledhandedly. At least they would be able to have a starter right away, and no one would expect Tebow to cause trouble.

:jnc

Also love Mathis's nimble leap over the fallen Kelce. We've got some athletic offensive linemen.

Yeah. Early on in the play check out how incredible Jason Peters is on the pass rush. He used the defensive linemans momentum to just toss him to the side.

The other take away from this play is look at that fucking bullshit hit on Maclin from Palumalu. He did not even try to play McCoy. You don't dive for a tackle into the fucking endzone. He just wanted to put a hit on someone. Dirty as shit. Maclin did a fucking awesome job blocking and DJax never would have.

Bread

Banned
The other take away from this play is look at that fucking bullshit hit on Maclin from Palumalu. He did not even try to play McCoy. You don't dive for a tackle into the fucking endzone. He just wanted to put a hit on someone. Dirty as shit. Maclin did a fucking awesome job blocking and DJax never would have.
LMAO
Fucking Polamalu could have hurt his teammate on that play too, what an idiot.

LJ11

Pettine just made a mistake, shouldn't have left the door open when the question was posed. Rookie mistake. You want to be friendly with the media, but you sometimes leave yourself exposed.

Top Bottom