• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp 2014 |OT| - This is our year!

jakncoke

Banned
Kroenke was the last person to buy a franchise and it only cost him 750 million. The one before that was Ross and the Dolphins which cost 1.1 billion.

http://www.businessinsider.com/how-much-did-nfl-owners-paid-for-their-teams-2010-10?op=1

Article is kind of old. How much did it cost Khan to buy the Jags?

EDIT: Khan paid 760 million

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/01/s...sonville-jaguars-and-realizes-dream.html?_r=0

Didnt know Khan tried to buy Rams but was blocked by nearly 100 million in back federal taxes. Also Haslam bought Browns for iirc 1 billion and look how he turned out. Further proving my point that Trump should be allowed to bid and shouldnt be blocked just because he is a weasel

That doc is great, I dont think that past should prevent him from bidding on the bills or any other franchise he sees fit.

Browns less of a NFL franchise than others confirmed.

Fine even if you discount what a terrible owner he was before, and how his actions directly hurt the league he was in, what about all the crazy political shit he is involved in. What is to stop him from using the added publicity of the NFL to go on crazy Obama is a Muslim rants? People like Trump, and to a lesser extant Cuban, should not be allowed to own franchises.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

Colasante

Kansas City Chiefs right tackle Donald Stephenson suspended the first four games of the season for PEDs violation. Not good for a run-heavy team that already lost Brandon Albert and has that impending bust Eric Fisher at left tackle.

Kansas City Chiefs right tackle Donald Stephenson suspended the first four games of the season for PEDs violation. Not good for a run-heavy team that already lost Brandon Albert and has that impending bust Eric Fisher at left tackle.
I haven't kept up with Eric Fisher lately. Impending bust? What's the deal?

jakncoke

Banned
Fine even if you discount what a terrible owner he was before, and how his actions directly hurt the league he was in, what about all the crazy political shit he is involved in. What is to stop him from using the added publicity of the NFL to go on crazy Obama is a Muslim rants? People like Trump, and to a lesser extant Cuban, should not be allowed to own franchises.

That'd probably hold more weight on him getting denied than the usfl thing strictly because PR. I dont know or care really about political affiliations of the current owners but they probably lean right, probably not as far as Trump but idk. Fuck the Bills, Im tired of the local channel showing their team instead of Steelers because we somehow got designated Bills tv land.

MRSA

Banned
Well it's all in Tebow's hands now. 15 minute interview. Didn't feel right. Time to take a nap to go to work tonight.

Konka

Banned
1xXF4Zr.jpg
pjoFgAl.jpg

ShaneB

Madden 15 presentation is very slick. I like the sort of mini game you get playing on the d-line and zoom in seems good so far

NFL Films doing work. But yeah, from what I've seen, I like that it seems a bit quicker that what Madden 25 was trying to pull from what little I played... which is a far from cry from how fast everything is (barebones) with still playing Madden 08 PC.

Already troubled Oline getting more troubled! =( Mr Smith getting sacked 190 times.

cajunator

Banned
Panthers starters not playing tonight:

DE Charles Johnson
SS Roman Harper
OLB Chase Blackburn

RG Trai Turner
RT Nate Chandler

And the coaches are treating this like the second preseason game. That means the starters will only play about a half and there will be very little gameplanning.

Totally not making excuses for when Tammy shreds our defense...again

Roman is a starter?

JABEE

John Taylor said:
The Washington Post editorial board will no longer use the word "Redskins" to describe the local NFL team. http://t.co/fmXVSqw1Md

https://twitter.com/johnmtaylor/status/502864286193299457

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...864ae0-2a0a-11e4-8593-da634b334390_story.html

The Washington Post editorial board said Friday it will stop using the word “Redskins” when referring to Washington’s football team, joining a growing list of other commentators who have renounced the term because they believe it disparages Native Americans.

In a statement, the board said, “While we wait for the NFL to catch up with public opinion and common decency we have decided not to use the slur ourselves except when it is essential for clarity or effect.”

The editorial board is separate from the news-gathering side of the organization, which executive editor Marty Baron said will continue to use the team’s moniker.

“The Post’s newsroom and the editorial page operate independently of each other,” Baron said. “Standard operating policy in the newsroom has been to use the names that established institutions choose for themselves. That remains our policy, as we continue to vigorously cover controversy over the team’s name and avoid any advocacy role on this subject.”

Tony Wyllie, the Redskins’ senior vice president of communications, said the announcement was “no surprise.”

Talamius

DE Charles Johnson
SS Roman Harper
OLB Chase Blackburn

RG Trai Turner
RT Nate Chandler

And the coaches are treating this like the second preseason game. That means the starters will only play about a half and there will be very little gameplanning.

Tammy can hang 70 on us tonight for all I care so long as we get through the game with no major injuries.

Colasante

DE Charles Johnson
SS Roman Harper
OLB Chase Blackburn

RG Trai Turner
RT Nate Chandler

Bummed that Charles Johnson isn't playing. The Patriots' offensive line has looked pretty terrible so far this preseason; I'd like to see them properly tested against the Panthers' defensive line to gauge how they'll hold up against Miami in the opener.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Repect your opinion but it really is no different than deer hunting. They don't just kill them for the sake of killing them. They hunt them and sell them for quite a bit of money while keeping the population under control and keeping them out of residential areas.

Here is one more thought: if wolves started invading your neighborhood would you be ok with allowed hunting to keep the population under control and keep them out of your neighborhood?

no, i would not be ok with hunting wolves in my neighborhood, stray bullets can kill man.

I know it's preseason and all, but I see the same problem with Miami like every season: They don't score enough. I have a feeling same thing is going to happen this season. :(

I know it's preseason and all, but I see the same problem with Miami like every season: They don't score enough. I have a feeling same thing is going to happen this season. :(
The Dolphins first team scored on their only drive against Atlanta so they probably would have racked up about 70 if they had played the entire game. That statement is just as accurate as extrapolating in the other direction. Preseason means very little in general but it means nothing for something like ppg.

I would be very surprised if the offense doesn't average more ppg than last season.

Top Bottom