• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp 2014 |OT| - This is our year!

JABEE

I put some responses to it in the thread.

I thought it was a lot of fun. Action was some of the best this summer. I see a ton of films, so I'm pretty broad in judging it. Depends on the type of person going to see it. If you like superhero films or ones with giant turtles, then I would say you're going to have fun with it as well.

I'm going to go read your impressions in the other thread. As someone that loves the Ninja Turtles, was it a good turtles movie?

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Congrats on the switch to a new team, Shane. The Chiefs are a great franchise with one of the most loyal fanbases. No bandwagon fans like the "12th man".

I'll never understand college football loyality unless you went to that school. My college team is Pasadena City College w00t w00t

Congrats on the switch to a new team, Shane. The Chiefs are a great franchise with one of the most loyal fanbases. No bandwagon fans like the "12th man".

I'll never understand college football loyality unless you went to that school. My college team is Pasadena City College w00t w00t

I actually graduated from LSU, but I have always liked Michigan...no reason just have. Florida state too...but mostly old Florida state. Dunn. Ward. Warrick. Those guys.

cajunator

Banned
Yeah. I wondered if you knew when you said that. Well this weekend. My stepdaughter and wife are going otherwise I wouldn't even know about it.

Fuck it was like mid august last year. This sucks.
I missed out on a vacation, festival international, and basically anything enjoyable this year.

JABEE

When will the Lions get bandwagon fans?

MRSA

Banned
Congrats on Squicken-ing, Shane. However, you're now my sworn enemy.

Good writeup. Pretty much in agreement, tho I think Kory Sheets might make the team over Murray or Stewart at RB, and I'm not a big Ausberry fan at TE, I prefer Rivera, Kasa and Leonhardt who is a sleeper.

On the defensive side, I think I'd go ahead and group Mack in as an edge rusher along with Tuck and Woodley, probably from a 2 point stance, ala Von Miller, they got him to rush the passer and that's what he'll be doing 90% of the time, with Moore, Roach and Burris handling the traditional LB duties.

My QB!

I don't think Sheetz will make the cut unless he makes a big impression which if supposedly is. But he's also 29, so Murray has him beat on age and upside. It'll be between Stewart and Sheetz, but the Raiders traditionally only carry 3 backs not including Reece.

None of the TEs impress me and Ausberry's highlight is of him running over Kevin Burnett.

They'll play Mack like Von Miller, Allen was his DC his rookie season so they'll know what to do.

After we win our Super Bowl this year.

Who wants to do it?

tumblr_inline_n6yqv9slfS1sn2epy.jpg

ShaneB

Super late on this but ShaneB, the Chiefs? Say it ain't so.

Who knows, maybe you're a good luck charm and they'll win it all this year :p

No need to play coy, you almost spoiled the surprise! :p I wanted to share that gif I made so badly, wanted to make people think it was creative.

We shall see. With their schedule I've got them limping to 8-8. Playing the nfcw is gonna be fun to watch.

Shane as a friend I beg you to reconsider. Rooting for an Andy Reid team only ends in heartbreak. Trust me I know.

Its early. I can't help but love that large rounded man. No reconsidering, I've made my choice :p

Thanks Kas. Yeah, it's been fun watching previous years Chiefs games and seeing the fans still go crazy. I'm proud of this choice. Loving the new avatar I made myself too.

My thoughts as well on college football. Feels like you have 2 choices. Your local college, or the school you went to. Which will never be either for me. College rivalry games are fun to watch though.

ShaneB

Welcome to the big dick club, Shane.

Thank you sir!

Congrats on Squicken-ing, Shane. However, you're now my sworn enemy.

Only now noticing I missed quoting you in my previous post :) Yeah, sucks we're enemies now :( Your Raiders deserve a turn around too, now that they're out of the Al Davis Tyranny! Same with Broncos-gaf, you're alright.. and... Chargers Gaf seems... I don't know any Chargers fans here regularly :(

zychi

Banned
Apparently spoiling characters for unreleased movies in thread titles is okay in ot discussion now.

I guess i'm confined to just the steam, sports, fitness and wrassling threads on gaf.

"Talking about piracy is a no-no here!"
*someone posts images from comics and full threads on how to emulate old games in hd"

"Spoilers must be confined in the spoiler tags!"
I've had batman arkham city ending, guardians of the galaxy, edge of tomorrow, gta v and amazing spiderman 2's endings all spoiled for me in the past year.

Smh

cajunator

Banned
Thank you sir!

Only now noticing I missed quoting you in my previous post :) Yeah, sucks we're enemies now :( Your Raiders deserve a turn around too, now that they're out of the Al Davis Tyranny! Same with Broncos-gaf, you're alright.. and... Chargers Gaf seems... I don't know any Chargers fans here regularly :(

theres a dude Nightz but I havent seen him around lately.

Apparently spoiling characters for unreleased movies in thread titles is okay in ot discussion now.

I guess i'm confined to just the steam, sports, fitness and wrassling threads on gaf.

"Talking about piracy is a no-no here!"
*someone posts images from comics and full threads on how to emulate old games in hd"

"Spoilers must be confined in the spoiler tags!"
I've had batman arkham city ending, guardians of the galaxy, edge of tomorrow, gta v and amazing spiderman 2's endings all spoiled for me in the past year.

Smh

vXdKLhg.jpg

Holy shit at mech calling the #1 rushing offense in the NFL the run and shoot 2.0. I guess you must be to young to remember the run and shoot.

RBH

Steven Jackson said he believed his own hype during his disappointing first season with the Falcons, but also blamed his struggles on nagging injuries. He's not off to a good start in 2014.

The 31-year-old running back suffered a hamstring injury Monday and it sounds like he could miss all of camp. However, coach Mike Smith said he's confident Jackson will be back for the regular-season opener.

Eqmql.gif

Isn't it like any other sport? If you grew up watching a certain team you could become a fan for life, even if it wasn't your home team or in this case school team.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=863092.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both fewer than five posts in this thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Trainz Settle & Carlisle -- MB-8AD505233AE7F9A9 - Taken by Dutch Patriot. 1 entrants total.
This game looks as fun as watching Schoob play QB or trying to coach Jay Cutler.

t1406822241z1.png

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Did I really just get called out on my post count on a 4 day old thread?

Cutty-laugh.gif

Jay-Cutler-Kicks-Charles-Woodson.gif

Great post.

I look forward to your next one in about a week or so.

On the other hand, I guess it is that time of year when Bears fans start posting again before disappearing in December.

Fox318

We take you to one of the most famous and scenic British main lines at the time of the transition from steam to diesel power. With 10 different types of locomotives and dozens of rolling stock items at your disposal you decide what train to drive.

We take you to one of the most famous and scenic British main lines at the time of the transition from steam to diesel power. With 10 different types of locomotives and dozens of rolling stock items at your disposal you decide what train to drive.

DAMMMMMMN

That would go so well with my Historical Farming game

dionysus

Yaldog
Hype seems to be growing for the Saints from old time sports reporters. I am starting to feel it myself. If we can get the Seachickens or 9ers at home in the playoffs its over. Superbowl will be easy after that.

ShaneB

Glad to see your news out in the open, Shane! I totally support the move, although I can think of at least one team I'd rather you be a fan of...

Thanks man. The PM's with you were great fun about it.

I'll be a dolphins fan twice a year when they okay the Pats. Other than that, they are too far south with too much lovely weather for me to be a fan all the time :p

The AFCE needs a major shake up though!

Top Bottom