• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp 2014 |OT| - This is our year!

Am I crazy, but when I get quoted, didn't it used to be highlighted? Or is that only on mobile?

Dammit, top of page, post something football related.....

Mosley-57.jpg

I didn't watch enough of the Dolphins last year to really say what the problem was with the line. Really the whole team has to do their job for pass protection and run blocking to work.
Everything. Missed assignments, horrible jobs with 1 on 1 blocking, TE's sucking, RB's sucking, Tannehill holding the ball too long or not moving enough in the pocket... it was all of that and more. The o-line was just a disaster as a unit and it only got worse as the year went on. Pouncey was the only solid member and now he's out for probably half a season.

Would you guys rather me be all :kas and come in here talking about how I'm sure Shelley Smith will quickly transform into a stud center that will keep Tannehill on his feet with ease and never screw up a snap during a game?

MechDX

http://houston.cbslocal.com/2014/07...r-jj-watt-lowballed-just-to-get-it-realistic/

Michael Ginnitti, co-founder of Spotrac.com gave his predictions on Watt's future contract:

As for how much, Ginnitti said his calculations — which include Watt’s past performance, future projection, the market for players at Watt’s position and the future of the NFL salary cap — have Watt earning $23.5 million per season, making for the biggest contract for a defensive player in history.

Though Ginnitti says it should be more.

“I’ll be honest, I lowballed that, just to get it sort of realistic,” he said. “I had plenty of experts and NFL guys come back to me and say, That could be low. … The sky’s the limit. There’s no question he should sign the richest defensive contract in history. Where that number’s going to be is certainly going to rely on where the team’s salary cap ends up in the next two years, which projections say (is) pretty high.”

I honestly don't know if you pay a defensive lineman that much. the cap is going to rise again and the Texans really are going to be in pretty good shape cap-wise after this season. But $23 million per year? Unless he mean $23 million on average not the guaranteed part.

Greg

Everything. Missed assignments, horrible jobs with 1 on 1 blocking, TE's sucking, RB's sucking, Tannehill holding the ball too long or not moving enough in the pocket... it was all of that and more. The o-line was just a disaster as a unit and it only got worse as the year went on. Pouncey was the only solid member and now he's out for probably half a season.

Would you guys rather me be all :kas and come in here talking about how I'm sure Shelley Smith will quickly transform into a stud center that will keep Tannehill on his feet with ease and never screw up a snap during a game?
"Shelley Smith will quickly transform into a stud center that will keep Tannehill on his feet with ease and never screw up a snap during a game" -The_Darkest_Red

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

David Wilson's probably done

Rotoworld said:
A source tells NJ.com that David Wilson (neck) "needs a miracle" to return to the field.
Wilson sustained a burner during Tuesday's practice, just a few months after undergoing spinal fusion surgery. His NFL career is now in serious jeopardy. The Giants are not expecting Wilson to get good news when he meets with his surgeon on Monday, leaving them with Andre Williams, Peyton Hillis and Michael Cox behind starter Rashad Jennings.

bionic77

The first series of the first game isn't the middle of the season.
My mistake. The first of many to come!

Can he run draw plays on 3rd and 11? If so he is good to go for Kubiak.
:lol

That is my dad's favorite play in football. He is convinced that running on 3rd and long will always work (no one expects you to run on 3rd and long!) and whenever it does he gets more excited than KAS over a Stafford completion.

Maybe he is related to Kubiak?

"Shelley Smith will quickly transform into a stud center that will keep Tannehill on his feet with ease and never screw up a snap during a game" -The_Darkest_Red
:jnc

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ryan Tannehill is the best young QB in the game. So underrated, I honestly think any GM would take him as the building block of their franchise over any other player. I have no idea why you guys and the media hate him so much but anyone who actually watches football knows that this kid is the real deal. 2 or 3 SB's for sure by the time he wraps it up in 15 years, and I wouldn't be surprised if they start rolling in this season.

#DolphinsDynasty

David Wilson's probably done
Man, I hate this.

My mistake. The first of many to come!

:lol

That is my dad's favorite play in football. He is convinced that running on 3rd and long will always work (no one expects you to run on 3rd and long!) and whenever it does he gets more excited than KAS over a Stafford completion.

Maybe he is related to Kubiak?

One of the most fantastic plays ever was Danny Woodhead converting a 3rd and 25 or something against the Broncos on a simple draw play.

Bradford is a free agent after this year or they can release him? Brah just doesn't have it. Ill be shocked if he can even get middle of the road numbers this year.

bionic77

Ugh one of the downsides of football starting is the increase in talk about the Patriots from Pats fans.

Can't we have a separate thread for Pats fans?

Off to watch Guardians of the Galaxy with my nephews in a little while, will report back letting you know whether it's awesome or super duper awesome.

Burt Macklin, Space FBI is a guaranteed recipe for success:

raw

tumblr_n1dd118cwJ1rw80z2o9_500.gif

brentech

Ugh one of the downsides of football starting is the increase in talk about the Patriots from Pats fans.

Can't we have a separate thread for Pats fans?
Separate but equal, surely. We don't want to sound racist.

not equal, please use another forum altogether.

Preferably hosted by a site other than NeoGAF as well. The foul stench of their posts has a way of seeping into other threads.

logan22.gif

Is that a celebration of a TD against a nonexistent and historically bad defense in a meaningless regular season game or was it another protest that he didn't get a flag despite giving his best bitch face to the ref?

Its kind of hard to tell with Tammy sometimes.

I think your defense was still supposed to be good at the time of that .gif. Was hard to tell though, since Brady always give the Steelers the shaft.

Good shit, here's what happens when you don't make illegal contact though

gronk90.gif

Bowser

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-GMyU0JUqM9U/Um1i84xQcLI/AAAAAAAAC50/p_NyQ4s6RJ8/s1600/logan22.gif[img]

I think your defense was still supposed to be good at the time of that .gif. Was hard to tell though, since Brady always give the Steelers the shaft.

[img]http://nesncom.files.wordpress.com/2013/11/gronk90.gif[img][/QUOTE]

Nice, here's what happens when you have absolutely no defense to speak of:

[IMG]http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/229/files/2013/11/ginn.gif

brentech

Really? I still see the green boxes when people quote me.
Maybe your right. I think it did get taken down for a bit though. Either way, I prefer the plug-in because you can select the color u want it to highlight with.
You also have options on highlighting other things related to your posts which makes it easier to find certain things.

Funny that's what I see when the Dolphins play.
You should get your vision checked. Ask the doctor to use this instead of a vision chart for proper calibration:

dolphins-interception.gif

dolphins-interception.gif

I have provided one for each eye. Make sure when you are finished you can easily make out the score at the top of the screen as well as the time on the clock.

bionic77

logan22.gif

gronk90.gif
We wrecked Brady and the Pats ass the game right before that one! I think it was in 2011 or 2012.

That time it was your defense that was pathetic (though not as bad as ours last year). As I remember it we just held the ball forever and kept completing every 3rd down pass where our receivers and ends seemed to be open by 5 yards every time. It was glorious and the world celebrated that triumph of good over evil.

Before the game last year I knew that the Pats and anyone with a competent offense was going to ream our asshole. Even Fatford dropped like 20+ points against us in a quarter. See my posts last year if you don't believe me. And yet stupid Pat fans used that game as proof (along with a lot of morons in the media) that they were actually a good team. :lol

Humiliating the Steelers last year is about as impressive as beating Gata in a one on one game (or trivial pursuit, a spelling bee, or hell pretty much anything). It was actually more impressive to lose to us. That took guts (more specifically the lack of), tremendous generosity (most players throw to the receiver who is wide open, the nice teams didn't take that bait and ran to where our defense was standing, standing because they could not run) and a special kind of incompetence from the players and coaching.

gutshot

Maybe your right. I think it did get taken down for a bit though. Either way, I prefer the plug-in because you can select the color u want it to highlight with.
You also have options on highlighting other things related to your posts which makes it easier to find certain things.

I think you are thinking of the feature they briefly added where anytime you got quoted it showed up in your Control Panel. They had to remove that feature because it was crippling the site.

What plugin are you talking about? Sounds interesting.

I think you are thinking of the feature they briefly added where anytime you got quoted it showed up in your Control Panel. They had to remove that feature because it was crippling the site.

What plugin are you talking about? Sounds interesting.

There's a Chrome extension called NeoGAF++. It's pretty good.

Top Bottom