• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp 2014 |OT| - This is our year!

ShaneB

4a519_orig-leaving_with_disgust.gif

image.php

cdyhybrid

I wonder how often I'll bitch about our offensive playcalling this year.

Maybe if Percy stays healthy
believe
things will go smoother.

So we can expect only 2 ints?

I'd make fun of something Steelers related, but you'd probably get mad and leave for a month.

Heh. I don't get the the logic. Aside from the multi-team thing being a completely foreign concept to me (and I'm being kind here), the window on the Seahawks is going to close eventually. You'll have to endure years of mediocrity/losing seasons just like everyone else and earn your "stripes" as it were so what's the point of squickening?

To each their own I guess. As long your happy! :D

manfestival

So I remembered I have a first issue of the 2008 series of guardians of the galaxy. I just googled the value and its sitting at $90.... to sell or not to sell?

cajunator

Banned
when did the Saints get so many good safeties? We used to have a bonfire at that position and now we have too many good ones to keep.

jakncoke

Banned
I'd make fun of something Steelers related, but you'd probably get mad and leave for a month.

Heh. I don't get the the logic. Aside from the multi-team thing being a completely foreign concept to me (and I'm being kind here), the window on the Seahawks is going to close eventually. You'll have to endure years of mediocrity/losing seasons just like everyone else and earn your "stripes" as it were so what's the point of squickening?

Never.

ShaneB

I am happy. Much happier now.

It's about the climb to the top for me. I have that fickleness with sports I guess. Its not a dynasty I ever want to see, or repeats, etc etc. The climb to the top is infinitely more interesting than the work to stay there. The eternal underdog story I suppose.

The Seahawks are on top, and now it just doesn't feel right to consider myself a fan of them when I want them to lose. I've sent PMs to people almost the entire offseason that I'd probably be switching.

A long time casual football fan, I just wanted to finally pick a team I wanted to root for 16+ times a year. Its a nice story seeing a team win their first super bowl, but since I was never a part of the climb to get there, it doesn't feel natural to stay there.

Ah well. Its tiring explaining myself, and I think I ramble too much.

Go Chiefs!

Farooq

Banned
cowboys sent season ticket holders playoff tickets this week? lulz

Look man, it is about efficiency alright.

Jones and the club are simply trying to streamline the process on the business end.

“We thought this would be a good thing to do for fan convenience,’’ said Rich Dalrymple, the Cowboys vice president of public relations. “It helps the ticket office run in a more efficient way as well.’’

A team’s playoff fate is usually determined during the height of the holiday season. Now, think back to last Christmas when bad weather around the country put a tremendous strain on the shipping and receiving industry.

It’s true the Cowboys have failed to make the playoffs since the ’09 season. But the team has gone into the final game of the regular season the last three years with a chance to win the division title. In the days leading up to those games the club had to proceed as if it would make the playoffs and distribute tickets to their season ticket holders.

Fans are not being charged for the playoff tickets. There is a barcode to activate that will then charge the customer’s account if the team finally does return this season.

“This is a much more efficient way to address the situation,’’ Dalrymple said. “That’s all it is.

“It’s operational efficiency for the organization.’’

Link.

cajunator

Banned
I am happy. Much happier now.

It's about the climb to the top for me. I have that fickleness with sports I guess. Its not a dynasty I ever want to see, or repeats, etc etc. The climb to the top is infinitely more interesting than the work to stay there.

The Seahawks are on top, and now it just doesn't feel right to consider myself a fan of them when I want them to lose. I've sent PMs to people almost the entire offseason that I'd probably be switching.

A long time casual football fan, I just wanted to finally pick a team I wanted to root for 16+ times a year. Its a nice story seeing a team win their first super bowl, but since I was never a part of the climb to get there, it doesn't feel natural to stay there.

Ah well. Its tiring explaining myself.

Go Chiefs!

I can really really appreciate that.

Ive always been a Saints fan, having a home state team and never living anywhere else with one, and when I started getting into football around 2004 in any serious way (by that I mean actually tracking the players instead of just casually watching Saints games when relatives had it on TV) the team kinda sucked. Not as bad as years before, but Aaron Brooks was in there and the team was at least competitive but internally the management was a dumpster fire. This happened: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHIFLNWZBfA
Note that Drew Brees is on the chargers in that game. We were seeing our future!

Then Katrina hit, and the team had to play in other stadiums and they went 3-13. that was one of the hardest years Ive ever had to watch football so far. Didnt know if the team would even come back to New Orleans. They almost went to San antonio.
But then a peculiar thing happened. Saints wanted to field a special team and rebuild along with the city. They took a gamble on Sean Payton, a offensive coordinator for the giants and Cowboys, who had never been an HC. He was even stricken of his playbook on the giants when Parcells got pissed at him. But he had something about him...
And then Brees went down in 2005 with that injury. That devastating possibly career ending shoulder injury on the chargers. He looked done. but Dr andrews saved his arm. It was pretty much miraculous how well he healed from it. Brees was looked at by only two teams, and he chose NeW Orleans. From there we made some good drafting decisions and a whole lot of luck but got that offense turned into a top 5 unit (sometimes #1)
The defense sucked ass though for a few years. In 2007 is was league worst Im pretty sure. Then in 2008 Brees came so close to Dan Marinos passing record. the offense was ridiculous. It just needed a defense to compliment. Then Gregg Williams was brought in to fix the defense. Somehow he managed to do it that year. We brought in future HOF Darren sharper and revamped that scrappy bunch into a defense at least worthy of being on the field, and the rest is history.
But it was fun seeing that team get built LITERALLY from the ground up, with new coaches, staff, coordinators, HC, even the facility was reborn from a destroyed building. And now they are consistently competitive and brought hope to a region that needs every bit of it that it can find. Sure bounty gate is a black mark, but it was fucking worth it for what I have been able to enjoy this decade. You can literally take a team from the dirt bottom of the league and build them up into champions in the NFL in a few short years. Thats why this sport is so amazing to watch and follow.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Cary Williams is my favorite Eagle.

pft said:
Eagles cornerback Cary Williams got himself thrown out of a joint practice with the Patriots last year for fighting.

He didn’t wait until the teams got together later this month to throw his next haymaker.

“They are cheaters,” Williams said of the Patriots, via Geoff Mosher of CSNPhilly.com. “They are.”

“I’m trying not to go into details about it or disrespect that organization because I give that organization nothing but, . . .you still got to go out there and play the game,” Williams said. “All the credit. I give them all the credit in the world. But one fact still remains, they haven’t won a Super Bowl since they got caught.

ShaneB

I can really really appreciate that.

Great Saints story

Yeah, that's what I mean, being there from the bottom and climbing to the top each step of the way. I missed that window with the Seahawks, and felt I needed to move on elsewhere.

I remember that Saints super Bowl pregame and how many stories of how much it meant to the City if they would win, etc etc. It was pretty great stuff, and yeah, like you said, what makes Sports so terrific.

edit: props to little Blue man, he never gave up!

Afrikan

ok I don't know if I'm late...but just saw clips of Peyton Manning dancing at training camp and I think my life is complete... I don't know if it'll get better from here.

edit- Oh God, 3 days late?.. I'm getting old.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
10520769_10152551386148605_5645071655824076379_n.jpg

Rainbow across the field before defensive practices.

tempG0050819--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

tempIMG_8764--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

tempIMG_8841--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

Joe Fauria + Eric Ebron doing drills

tempIMG_9067--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

Ebron coming down with a TD pass.

tempIMG_8849--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

Ryan Broyles is back.

tempIMG_8855--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

tempIMG_8861--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

tempIMG_8945--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

tempIMG_8996--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

tempIMG_9110--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

Staffords' been here.

http://www.detroitlions.com/media-c...p-photos/145d49ea-3b66-4837-8c0e-3222b178b9cc

About 80 more pics at the link.

Can't wait to watch this young, exciting team kick some ass this year. We have a bad offensive game? The defense can make plays/turnovers. The defense doesn't show up one Sunday? Fuck around and we might drop 40 points on you. Easy.

Restore the Roar 2014.

Farooq

Banned
lol what?

edit: damn this really is ...real

Operational efficiency son...

This is getting bad, I am defending the Jones'. I linked an article too...What have I become?

Edit: Fuck that, they had a good reason. I support the Jones' in their attempts to improve their organization by streamlining their ticket office.

cdyhybrid

its amazing that mary j is legal in some states and the NFL still has this policy.

NFL has huge sponsorship deals with beer companies, who don't want weed to become legal.

Plus, I think the league gets certain antitrust exemptions from the feds, who haven't legalized weed yet.

NFL has huge sponsorship deals with beer companies, who don't want weed to become legal.

Plus, I think the league gets certain antitrust exemptions from the feds, who haven't legalized weed yet.

In other words, if the Browns don't win the Super Bowl and complete the Cleve Destiny because Flash Gordon is sidelined, blame Obama.

cajunator

Banned

Yeah. when the NFL is able to monetize it it will suddenly become "legal to possess small amounts for healing purposes"

Top Bottom