• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp 2014 |OT| - This is our year!

jakncoke

Banned
giphy.gif

Afrikan

maybe graham is a better route runner but i literally do not understand how you could think that he's better at anything else. gronk is one of the most dominant tight ends of all time when he's healthy.

Vernon is a better Pass/Run Blocker than both and is a homerun threat from anywhere on the field. He is faster than both of them. And has shown the ability to make clutch tough catches. (ask the Panther/Saints fans).

More importantly he has shown these aspects in the Playoffs, on a number of occasions.

but yes both Graham and Gronk can out jump Vernon....but when you put everything together, imo it's pretty clear who would be more valuable.

Bread

Banned
Vernon is a better Pass/Run Blocker than both and is a homerun threat from anywhere on the field. He is faster than both of them. And has shown to be able to make clutch tough catches (ask the Panther/Saints fans).

More importantly he has shown these aspects in the Playoffs, on a number of occasions.
lmao you were serious!? jesus christ fmt get your people together this is awful

maybe graham is a better route runner but i literally do not understand how you could think that he's better at anything else. gronk is one of the most dominant tight ends of all time when he's healthy.
Besides blocking idk how you could think he's better? Jimmer is a better route runner, better hands, way more shifty, Faster, he plays basketball so better vertical. And sure they both might get knicked up, but Jimmer isn't missing whole halfs of seasons. And fuck if you're gonna pull the "one of the most dominant right ends of all time when healthy" then motherfucker Jimmer is too. What is he pineapple pizzas here?

MOTHERFUCKA HE PLAYS B-A-S-K-E-T-B-A-L-L! (Clapping)

But this is just opinion

Bread

Banned
you're free to try to correct anything I said.
ok i can play this game too

Gronk has the perfect balance of blocking and catching abilities. He has downhill speed in open space and can carry safeties into the end zone.

Should we start posting stats now or would you rather just stick with this homer shit.

Doomsayer

Vernon is a better Pass/Run Blocker than both and is a homerun threat from anywhere on the field. He is faster than both of them. And has shown the ability to make clutch tough catches. (ask the Panther/Saints fans).

but yes both Graham and Gronk can out jump Vernon....but when you put everything together, imo it's pretty clear who would be more valuable.

Personally, I think Gronk is the best TE in football and VD and Graham are 2A and 2B.

Graham is REALLY soft, when he gets pressed he disappears.

Honestly, your line of reasoning (VD running by Gronk/Graham) is the same as saying they can out jump him, it's all a matter of circumstance.

Afrikan

ok i can play this game too

Gronk has the perfect balance of blocking and catching abilities. He has downhill speed in open space and can carry safeties into the end zone.

Should we start posting stats now or would you rather just stick with this homer shit.

start posting stats. Vernon has been known to be one of, if not the best blocking TE in the league.

and Vernon HAS shown his downhill speed in the playoffs....with a 75 yard TD against the SuperBowl winning Giants.

but yes Gronk is more physical runner than Vernon and is more of a RedZone threat, regarding jump passes....but Vernon is no slouch in the RedZone. (Our OC on the other hand.. :x )

Bread

Banned
Gronk is the prototypical tight end in the league

Davis is a great blocker but has historically had below average hands, Graham has good hands (not any better than Gronks) but he has size and agility.

Gronk is the complete package. Gronk is love, Gronk is life.

Godslay

Banned
I hope that Julius Thomas can make that jump into the top 5 TE. Just improve his blocking and he's right there with the best.

Afrikan

Personally, I think Gronk is the best TE in football and VD and Graham are 2A and 2B.

Graham is REALLY soft, when he gets pressed he disappears.

Honestly, your line of reasoning (VD running by Gronk/Graham) is the same as saying they can out jump him, it's all a matter of circumstance.

true...but when you have the whole field to play with...and you have a TE that can score from any part of it...that will scare the shit out of a defense more so than these other two.

vernon-davis-td-catch-and-wall-crash.gif

but yes, Vernon is a knuckle head when he does score TDs....Gronk and Graham win that one.

Bread

Banned
start posting stats. Vernon has been known to be one of, if not the best blocking TE in the league.

and Vernon HAS shown his downhill speed in the playoffs....with a 75 yard TD against the SuperBowl winning Giants.

but yes Gronk is more physical runner than Vernon and is more of a RedZone threat, regarding jump passes.
Cool, Gronk caught 3 tds in a playoff game once too.

Dude caught 10 tds in his rookie season, 17 the next, and 11 in 11 games the 3rd season. Davis has caught double digit tds twice in his 8 year career.

You guys have short memories, I swear. Gronk was on track to be the absolute GOAT tight end, hell if he makes it through a few more seasons he'd be in the discussion.

true...but when you have the whole field to play with...and you have a TE that can score from any part of it...that will scare the shit out of a defense more so than these other two.

vernon-davis-td-catch-and-wall-crash.gif

but yes, Vernon is a knuckle head when he does score TDs....Gronk and Graham win that one.

jesus christ what a throw

When Gronk is healthy, he's the best TE in football by a really wide margin.

Really wide margin.

But "when healthy" is not a trivial qualification. Robert Griffin III is a better player when healthy than Wussy, but the man steps on a rock and ends up in the ER. Ability to stay healthy is important

Top Bottom