• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp 2014 |OT| - This is our year!

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
temp2014_TC_0801_0808_1--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

Championship.

On a related note, all of the Steelers tight ends are currently injured.

MechDX

Is it too late for me to change to the Texans as my AFC bandwagon?

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/a...-to-Ware/f58de4f3-164d-42b4-b994-55125b6d775b

I still want to root for Gus Bus though!

That's nothing. Here is a summary so far of Clowney impressions in camp:

http://www.battleredblog.com/2014/8...s-training-camp-the-early-reviews-on-jadeveon

Willie McGinnest: Clowney will play the same role McGinnest did on the Pats D in the early 2000's
A lot of domination. A lot of people questioned if Clowney was going to be able to stand up and play in space and play over the tight ends and do some of those drops... There's no question in my mind. When I was watching the 1-on-1 drills against the tight ends, Clowney was dominating. He drove one tight end about five, ten yards back. Another tight end, he almost picked off the ground and slammed."

John Harris:
It was the first opportunity for the Houston public to see Jadeveon Clowney up close. He didn't disappoint. On his first rep during 9-on-7, he drove TE Ryan Griffin back into the ball closing down an open hole. On the second, he ran down the RB from behind. On the third, he was so fast off the ball that he nearly created another 2013 Outback Bowl moment, although he pulled off on the hit on RB Dennis Johnson (luckily) at the last minute. The burst off the ball is what we've all wanted to see and we didn't have to wait long to see it."

Now they are experimenting with Clowney next to Watt on the weakside aka: QBs blind side.

Welcome, new members of Texans-gaf.

Ok you're back in

You disgust me

Fuck You.

A lot of rumors and "anonymous" sources pointing towards the possibility that David Wilson's career is possibly over and he would "need a miracle" to get back on the field:

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/...pear_less_optimistic_in_potential_return.html

According to multiple sources, the running back, who suffered a "burner" during Tuesday's practice, months after undergoing spinal fusion surgery, is a long shot to return to the field. One person with knowledge of the running back's medical condition told NJ.com that Wilson "needs a miracle."

The source spoke on the condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to speak publicly on the matter.

That differs significantly from the always-sunny viewpoint of Wilson, who tweeted that "everything was fine" Wednesday night. The Giants, however, don't feel the same way, another source -- who requested anonymity to speak freely -- told NJ.com.

In the meantime, both sides will wait until Monday's examination for an official determination, although it sounds as if the Giants have come to grips with the seriousness of the condition and the possibility that Wilson's career is over.

Hoping for the best but........Fuck.

Striker

On a related note, all of the Steelers tight ends are currently injured.
Giants #1 TE is Larry Donnell. Whose situation is worse? I have hated Reese's decisions regarding the TE spot for several years - ever since Shockey left. You can't keep getting lucky and hoping your Boss' or Ballards' show up.

cajunator

Banned
Fuck work

Well aside from it being a Friday and thusly bad by default, one very large customer decided to lower all its stores gas prices by 10 cents a gallon. This being the first of the month, the fuel sales tripled, and caught us completely off guard. So many runouts. and every time I answered the phone it was the customer chewing me out and demanding answers. Pretty sure I spoke to every sales rep and supervisor we have last night. Im so fucking exhausted.

Well aside from it being a Friday and thusly bad by default, one very large customer decided to lower all its stores gas prices by 10 cents a gallon. This being the first of the month, the fuel sales tripled, and caught us completely off guard. So many runouts. and every time I answered the phone it was the customer chewing me out and demanding answers. Pretty sure I spoke to every sales rep and supervisor we have last night. Im so fucking exhausted.

Dude sounds like a moron.

Godslay

Banned
I never knew Demarcus Ware's measurables were pretty much the same as Clowney's and in some cases he is/was more athletic than Clowney. It will be interesting to see if Clowney has the smarts Ware has, and is able to put it altogether like Ware did.

We know that the Texans defense has potential, but what about the offense? Watt/Clowney can only contain Luck for so long, especially with rule changes/enforcement in the secondary. I still think the Texans will have a hard time keeping up until a decent QB steps under center.

Vyroxis

Banned

Ouch man, that shit sucks. Nothing worse than customers that don't understand the supply end of logistics and how one move on their part can fuck up an operation.

MechDX

Jadeveon Clowney blocks a Shane Lechler punt. Crowd goes wild. #Texans

Clowney rushes again and runs Keo (personal protector) almost into Lechler. #Texans

Damn. Stop this monster! He is making us look bad.

MechDX

Clowney just showed his explosion again. Got through the line and would have blown up Grimes if it was a live period. #Texans

They said yesterday him and Duane Brown were going at it and Brown won barely. And they say he is still not 100% after the offseason sports hernia surgery.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Giants #1 TE is Larry Donnell. Whose situation is worse? I have hated Reese's decisions regarding the TE spot for several years - ever since Shockey left. You can't keep getting lucky and hoping your Boss' or Ballards' show up.

Actually, Heath Miller isn't injured at this time. #KnockOnWood

MechDX

I never knew Demarcus Ware's measurables were pretty much the same as Clowney's and in some cases he is/was more athletic than Clowney. It will be interesting to see if Clowney has the smarts Ware has, and is able to put it altogether like Ware did.

We know that the Texans defense has potential, but what about the offense? Watt/Clowney can only contain Luck for so long, especially with rule changes/enforcement in the secondary. I still think the Texans will have a hard time keeping up until a decent QB steps under center.

Ill get roasted for this but fuck it!

When has Fitz ever been on a team surrounded by the talent in the o line and skill positions the Texans have? Buffalo, Cincy and Tennessee? Andre Johnson, Hopkins, Foster, Duane Brown, Chris Myers, Brandon Brooks, Garret Graham? Also added him a guard (Suha Filo) in the 2nd round another TE in the 3rd (CK Fedorowicz). He is not going to be asked to win games or make a ton of game winning bombs.

They are going to run the ball with a lot of quick passes to the TE's while every so often taking the top off with Dre and Hopkins.

Here Ill make it easy just pick a letter for the reaction:

A) JNC! He is Fitzgerald!
B) FITZMAGIC!
C) Texans suck!
D) You've gone full :kas Mech!
E) I am so drunk right now
F) Would rather eat pineapple pizza

Godslay

Banned
Ill get roasted for this but fuck it!

When has Fitz ever been on a team surrounded by the talent in the o line and skill positions the Texans have? Buffalo, Cincy and Tennessee? Andre Johnson, Hopkins, Foster, Duane Brown, Chris Myers, Brandon Brooks, Garret Graham? Also added him a guard (Suha Filo) in the 2nd round another TE in the 3rd (CK Fedorowicz). He is not going to be asked to win games or make a ton of game winning bombs.

They are going to run the ball with a lot of quick passes to the TE's while every so often taking the top off with Dre and Hopkins.

Here Ill make it easy just pick a letter for the reaction:

A) JNC! He is Fitzgerald!
B) FITZMAGIC!
C) Texans suck!
D) You've gone full :kas Mech!
E) I am so drunk right now
F) Would rather eat pineapple pizza

I just think Fitz is a known quantity at this point. Maybe he has a better year given the talent increase around him, but its hard for me to see a quantum leap for him. Maybe he'll play a game manager type role, and the defense is featured. I don't know enough about the team to really know.

I just have a hard time seeing Fitz beating Luck even with an above average (potentially), defense. Texans could be really good, but I don't think it happens until the QB is there. Maybe eventually Savage will be that guy. Only time will tell I guess.

MechDX

I just think Fitz is a known quantity at this point. Maybe he has a better year given the talent increase around him, but its hard for me to see a quantum leap for him. Maybe he'll play a game manager type role, and the defense is featured. I don't know enough about the team to really know.

I just have a hard time seeing Fitz beating Luck even with an above average (potentially), defense. Texans could be really good, but I don't think it happens until the QB is there. Maybe eventually Savage will be that guy. Only time will tell I guess.

Sometimes as a fan we just have to take that leap of faith that this is the year the team finally puts some positive things on the field and hope for the best.

Fan hard or go home.
# BELIEVEINBOB

Andrew Brandt @adbrandt · 22m
Negotiated settlement. RT @restech1 if you had a nickel to bet it, what would you bet on? Full season suspension? Something different?
#FREEHIM!
Texans writer John McClain is at the Browns scrimmage, covering the QB Houston should have drafted
Won't be at the scrimmage but I will be right in the general area in a few hours, maybe I'll meet him ;)

Godslay

Banned
Sometimes as a fan we just have to take that leap of faith that this is the year the team finally puts some positive things on the field and hope for the best.

Fan hard or go home.

I agree. I just think that reality has to set in at some point. Fitz is a stop gap to someone better at this point. A lot of the pieces are there for the Texans, but they are where they have been for a long time, without the QB. Even with that said you are right in that we can all hope for the best at this point. I bet B LARRY would have never in his wildest dreams expected Flacco to do what he did. So there is always hope.

MechDX

Jayson Braddock ‏@JaysonBraddock · 4m
Clowney walking off with the trainer. Under the tent now. #Texans #99problems

Dave Zangaro ‏@DZangaro · 58s
Now Clowney has ice on his upper right leg, near his waist. #Texans

damn-damn-damn-florida-o.gif

MRSA

Banned

I had a shitty night.....literally. EMS brought in a guy who OD'd on his psych meds and......laxatives. He was covered in shit and combative. I had to cut his clothes off and drag his stupid ass into the shower and had to make sure he didn't pass out in the shower. Pretty awkward to watch a grown man shower washing shit off his body. Seems like an FMT favored situation.

I had a shitty night.....literally. EMS brought in a guy who OD'd on his psych meds and......laxatives. He was covered in shit and combative. I had to cut his clothes off and drag his stupid ass into the shower and had to make sure he didn't pass out in the shower. Pretty awkward to watch a grown man shower washing shit off his body. Seems like an FMT favored situation.

How turned on were you

Hall of Fame sculptor struggled with Strahan’s teeth

“I presented a unique challenge, ’cause I told him I wanted to smile,” Strahan told the New Yorker. “If I close my mouth, people won’t know who it is.”

:jnc at this comment on that article:

handsofsteelhartofstone says:
Aug 2, 2014 10:48 AM
What. They can’t do the bust with his mouth shut? Although his mouth is always open.

BTW can anyone please explain how Warren Sapp and Strahan get in at all, let alone on the 1st ballot and Jerome Bettis is not in. Can you honestly say that Sapp and Strahan were better d linemen than Bettis was a rb. No you can’t. And if you disagree you Don’t know how the game of football is meant to be played.

These 2 are in because they are loudmouths and everyone loves flashiness over skill.

Someone tell that guy that you NEVER go full Kas.

Scrimmage starting!
I would rather lose Gordon for the year than have it be a 12 game suspension. If he plays any games then that counts as service time. Better to miss a whole year and get that extra year of cheap labor
If he misses a whole year pretty sure he can't be with the team? I don't think anyone wants Gordon away from the team on his own for a whole year. And no matter what any future deal with Gordon will be somewhat incentive based.

Top Bottom