• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp 2014 |OT| - This is our year!

Euros!

So while I was on vacation I got to meet the part of my family that is from England. A husband of one of my cousins found out I was a big sports fan and instantly tried to recruit me to cheer for his soccer team.

He even pointed out one of his players came to the Toronto team so it's only right. His team is Tottenham Hotspur (did I spell that right?)

I told him I'd think about it but I am expecting knowing my luck this team has always suffered and misery is ahead. Please let me know friends.

Come on you Spurs!

Sadly, Tottenham has basically zero chance of finishing top four for Champion's League with all the transfers that Arsenal did this year. They're not on the same level as Man City, Man United, Arsenal, or Chelsea. Hell, they'll probably finish below Liverpool.

As a Browns fan, you'll fit right in!

Euros!

So while I was on vacation I got to meet the part of my family that is from England. A husband of one of my cousins found out I was a big sports fan and instantly tried to recruit me to cheer for his soccer team.

He even pointed out one of his players came to the Toronto team so it's only right. His team is Tottenham Hotspur (did I spell that right?)

I told him I'd think about it but I am expecting knowing my luck this team has always suffered and misery is ahead. Please let me know friends.

Spurs are the Leafs of the English Premier League.

Fox318

Euros!

You need to root for the Leafs or Browns of the EPL.

Aston VIlla!!

They suck!

kave avoid Spurs like the damn plague. Spurs will never ever ever ever ever ever ever win shit. Ever.

On one hand, I'm worried about how you guys are going to take Manziel busting out of the league.

On the other hand, most of you Manziel fans are used to constant disappointment.

A lot of QBs just plain aren't good in the NFL. How much people here will remain in denial when it turns out Manziel's one of them?

You won't see a single tear from me. If he's not good enough, he's not good enough. I'm rooting for him, but if he doesn't pan out, whatever.

I'm just saying a week into his professional career is a bit early to make a lasting judgement. We all know the numerous players who were practice prodigies in training camp and didn't pan out.

squicken

Is it my destiny to only cheer for shitty teams? :(

If you are picking an EPL team, there are like 5 teams to choose from. No reason to pick one that has no chance of winning. All Spurs fans can do is hope some super billionaire buys up the team

Chris Mortensen ‏@mortreport
Watched Browns scrimmage today. Just a scrimmage but easy to see Manziel is closing gap & will start getting some one reps next week.

Spurs will never win anything but the worst case scenario is that they'll be mediocre. For a Browns fan that's practically nirvana.

You need to root for the Leafs or Browns of the EPL.

Aston VIlla!!

They suck!

The good old days of that Atkinson and Saunders strike partnership :*)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcF_OY3NZH8

Will have to drag my nephews along with watch some Aston Villa games this season, yeah they suck right now but they've got some decent youngsters and I'll do anything to prevent them growing up into Man Utd or Liverpool fans.

Like I'd rather root for fucking Everton or Newcastle than Spurs.

Don't do it kave. You don't need those problems.

Speaking of EPL, United vs Real Madrid in the Big House on Fox at 4, Liverpool vs AC Milan in Charlotte (very curious to see how they draw there, Charlotte is progressive-ish but its still NFL-NASCAR country) at 630 on NBCSN

Fox318

Spurs will never win anything but the worst case scenario is that they'll be mediocre. For a Browns fan that's practically nirvana.

The good old days of that Atkinson and Saunders strike partnership :*)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcF_OY3NZH8

Will have to drag my nephews along with watch some Aston Villa games this season, yeah they suck right now but they've got some decent youngsters and I'll do anything to prevent them growing up into Man Utd or Liverpool fans.
Only thing I know about Aston VIlla is that Wes is a fan of them.

So when I play him in fantasy football my team name is Birmingham City.

MechDX

OB said they're just trying to manage Clowney. I asked him if Clowney tweaked something today. OB said no.

Whew.

Bill O'Brien says that Louis Nix had surgery prior to training camp opening. #Texans

Explains where he has been

Joe Webb has been running the read-option with the Panthers first team while Cam is still recovering from surgery.

Obligatory GIFs for the worst passer of the football I have ever seen.

webb-2.gif

ohwebb.gif

Only thing I know about Aston VIlla is that Wes is a fan of them.

So when I play him in fantasy football my team name is Birmingham City.

They've been European Champions in my lifetime and are currently owned by former Browns owner Randy Lerner. Everything else about them is boring.

Come on Kave, you know they're the right choice.

Joe Webb has been running the read-option with the Panthers first team while Cam is still recovering from surgery.

Obligatory GIFs for the worst passer of the football I have ever seen.

webb-2.gif

ohwebb.gif

Sad thing is, we probably had a chance if Ponder was in that game...

Hard to believe Im even typing this. Ponder is a soft ass bitch.

How the mighty have fallen.

Brady's washed up, Mallett's too busy being a Brady fanboy to practice, Garapoopoo's a bust.

You know shit's bad when BB has to turn to Brady Quinn.

cajunator

Banned
How long do you plan to keep working there Caj?

I dont mind working hre. Actually I quitel ike it. Its just well known that Fridays are a nightmare and this was a perfect storm of our biggest customer lowering prices without saying anything, first of the month paychecks falling on a Friday, and lack of manpower.

I had a shitty night.....literally. EMS brought in a guy who OD'd on his psych meds and......laxatives. He was covered in shit and combative. I had to cut his clothes off and drag his stupid ass into the shower and had to make sure he didn't pass out in the shower. Pretty awkward to watch a grown man shower washing shit off his body. Seems like an FMT favored situation.

That does sound terrible. sorry to hear.

I'm calling out everyone that says Manziel is gonna bust when he gets his chance and makes it.
Especially SlutDx gonna shame him hard
Love you mech!

linkboy

I still don't understand how this guy made it onto a football team. Tim Tebow looked better than he did.

Webb doesn't have the media circus that Tebow does. That's the only reason why nobody's looking at Tebow, they don't want to deal with the extra baggage that comes with him.

Tebow would be a serviceable backup for a good amount of teams, but it's just not worth the headache.

He's as big a bust as Sedrick ellis was, and even more injury prone. I feel bad cause at LSU he was one of my favorite players.

He actually was pretty good for SF last year, filling in at NT for Ian Williams. He was one of the better NT's against the run last year.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
I have an opening in both the cat.gif league and straggler's leagues. Let me know if you want to play.

And I have a bunch of people that haven't rejoined. "You people" are going to make me start pm'ing "you people" aren't you.

I think its time for Tiger to call it a career. I can't watch this man fuck up his legacy anymore.

Tiger retire today and be a top 3 golfer of all-time at worst while we can still remember you for all that great shit you did in the early 2000s.

I'm calling out everyone that says Manziel is gonna bust when he gets his chance and makes it.
Love you mech!

Has to be for a full season though. Him being put in for a meaningless Week 17 and delivering doesn't count. Even Tebow had a good (by good I mean won) 7 games.

BigAT

He's as big a bust as Sedrick ellis was, and even more injury prone. I feel bad cause at LSU he was one of my favorite players.

I haven't followed his career especially closely, but he always kind of seemed like a guy without a proper position. It seemed like he was always bouncing between 3-4 DE and NT and not especially great at either spot. Based on his size/speed I always thought he would be best as a 3 Technique in a 4-3 defense, which is a position I don't think he ever played.

Greg

I think its time for Tiger to call it a career. I can't watch this man fuck up his legacy anymore.

Tiger retire today and be a top 3 golfer of all-time at worst while we can still remember you for all that great shit you did in the early 2000s.
it's golf though - he could be 70 years old and still compete

Syrinx

But then how will ESPN cover golf if they can't load it up with Tiger coverage?

MechDX

Love you mech!

That dwarf, coke snorting bitch is the next Ryan Leaf.just accept it and move on before he goes on a coke binge with Lebron.

bionic77

He is already at least the 2nd best golfer of all time even if he never plays again.

You can also argue he was the best ever based on the dominance of the sport he had between 1999-2004.

Just because he is busted now does nothing to minimize what he already did.

And it's golf. He has 15 years to try and win another 5 majors. And then he can just fuck around and keep winning small tournaments here and there for another 20 years until his hip breaks.

Top Bottom