• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp 2014 |OT| - This is our year!

Listening live to the scrimmage via espn850. The espn 850 website should have a stream. 92.3 the fan should have stream online too
Zac Jackson ‏ @ FSOhioZJackson 1m
Browns scrimmage underway. Early action with the 1s for undrafted rookie receiver Willie Snead.

JFF with 2nd team. Low snap, false start, mix up on handoff and w/WR. Shocking Browns can't ever develop QBs
What have your other teams done to you? Grossi would frown at you.
VHQ4RVV.gif
Squickens tomfoolery kills me inside

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
JFF with 2nd team. Low snap, false start, mix up on handoff and w/WR. Shocking Browns can't ever develop QBs

Forgot to take his 8ball this morning.

Dang at that Clowney news if it's serious.

Sounds like a strained groin.

e-

Aditi Kinkhabwala ‏@AKinkhabwala 10m

Brian Hoyer opens scrimmage 4-5 w/ 2 long completions to Miles Austin. Johnny Manziel: sack, penalty, incompletion, 5-yd scramble.

I can see Mech smiling from here
Tom Reed ‏ @ treed1919 10s
Manziel impressive on this drive. Threw a great pass to Barnidge in back corner of end zone ruled out of bounds. C. Johnson drops TD pass
Grossi's is doing play by play on Twitter. Wish there was video of the 4th down play
I told you listen to one of the streams! It's what I'm doing. I should of just gone, smh on my part

DMczaf

About to head out to grab some coffee and go to a Star Trek convention with a friend. She owes me!

I'm going to need a lot of coffee :|

Tom Reed ‏ @ treed1919 10s
Manziel impressive on this drive. Threw a great pass to Barnidge in back corner of end zone ruled out of bounds. C. Johnson drops TD pass

Same guy after that tweet: "That drive was the best Manziel has looked since start of camp."

ed: @McClain_on_NFL
Not a good series for Manziel. Three incompletions and all were bad passes. Now he's 3-of-8 for 14 yards. He had one open WR and missed him.

@JasonPhilCole
Manziel pretty frustrated as he walks off after another drive ends. Growing pains.

Yall are just gonna have to reign back the Super Bowl talk

squicken

Jordan Cameron out now. No Gordon of course. I'd stack Browns receivers with any "worst" group in the league. Defense has 3 TDs on like 7 offensive drives haha

Anyone expecting John Football to come in there and be Midget Marino combined with Short Steve Young on day 1 of training camp were expecting way too much. Those "he's struggling" tweets are fodder for Manziel haters/Bridgewater fans (because for some reason, there's a rivalry between the two?) but its absolutely where I expected him to be in his development right now. He's got to get used to NFL speed, NFL schemes (both offensive and defensive), playing with a brand new set of teammates. That's going to take some time.

Hell, I'm 99% sure Hoyer starts day 1 for the Browns. That doesn't mean that Johnny Manziel is the worst QB in the history of the world. It just means that he has a learning curve just like every other rookie QB (yes, even King Luck).

Hoyer starts the season as the starter, but Johnny takes over December and leads the Browns to a wild card berth, improbable run to the Super Bowl, and a victory over Big Nose. RESTORE THE BARK 2014!!

Aaron WilsonVerified account
‏@RavensInsider
chykie brown and steve smith got into a scuffle lot of wild swings didn't look like they connected though before order restored

HOLY SHIT OH MY GOD

STEVE SMITH FIGHTING IN CAMP HOLY TEBOW

squicken

I agree with you Grover, but still think he beats out Hoyer. HoHoyer is a journeyman for a reason. Unless they just don't want to play a rookie at QB, I still expect JFF to start Week 1

But Rams start their scrimmage now. Already down 3 starting offensive linemen!

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
If you want to completely ruin a qb, rush him out there before he's ready. It can take years before their confidence comes back. Some guys will thrive, most will fail and never recover.

Kelvin Benjamin returns to practice, resumes domination of camp

Benjamin showed no lingering signs of a bone bruise in his left knee that kept him out of five days of practice. He made several nice grabs — one on a leaping grab in traffic on a deep ball along the left sideline and another on a crossing route.

Coach Ron Rivera said Benjamin continues to impress him and the rookie picked up where he left off before the injury.

"Yes he did, and that was very pleasing," Rivera said. "It was a lot of fun to watch that."

Benjamin, the team's first-round draft pick, eased back into practice Saturday at Wofford College. He wore a compression sleeve on his left leg but didn't appear to have any trouble moving and running routes.

By the end of practice he was making leaping catches as he continues to be Newton's favorite target in camp.

amcvholkwbcguuxpflo9.gif

I'll go ahead and make the joke so no one else can: He's Scam's favorite target because he has no one else hahahalollolhaha

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
On one hand, I'm worried about how you guys are going to take Manziel busting out of the league.

On the other hand, most of you Manziel fans are used to constant disappointment.

On one hand, I'm worried about how you guys are going to take Manziel busting out of the league.

On the other hand, most of you Manziel fans are used to constant disappointment.

I want him to succeed because the NFL really needs a douchebag villain to win. Sherman doesn't count because he's extremely intelligent and seems like a very likable guy. Ray Lewis is retired and sitting at home snorting deer horn spray off a dead corpse he dug up in his back yard. Cutler is old and irrelevant. Rivers is too busy fantasizing about Andy Reid's ass.

We need someone new to hate. Maybe Ray Rice? Sadly, Manziel is going to be pure trash.

If JFF spent more time in his playbook then sniffing cocaine off of strippers asses he might be a viable starter someday.

/whycantwehaveboth.gif

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Euros!

So while I was on vacation I got to meet the part of my family that is from England. A husband of one of my cousins found out I was a big sports fan and instantly tried to recruit me to cheer for his soccer team.

He even pointed out one of his players came to the Toronto team so it's only right. His team is Tottenham Hotspur (did I spell that right?)

I told him I'd think about it but I am expecting knowing my luck this team has always suffered and misery is ahead. Please let me know friends.

squicken

Euros!

So while I was on vacation I got to meet the part of my family that is from England. A husband of one of my cousins found out I was a big sports fan and instantly tried to recruit me to cheer for his soccer team.

He even pointed out one of his players came to the Toronto team so it's only right. His team is Tottenham Hotspur (did I spell that right?)

I told him I'd think about it but I am expecting knowing my luck this team has always suffered and misery is ahead. Please let me know friends.

Spurs suck

Top Bottom