• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp 2014 |OT| - This is our year!

JABEE

Not saying Dawkins doesnt deserve but just because the team made nfc championship games doesnt mean they are obligated to get hall of gamers off the those rosters. Thats just silly logic.
No, because he was an elite player who was the best player at his position for close to a decade. Dawkins also played a position that was traditionally overlooked until he came into the league. Dawkins was a force of skill and intimidation on the field.

Don't just look at the performance of the team. Dawkins was a Hall of Fame player who paved the way for other safeties who followed like Ed Reed and Troy.

Tamanon

Banned
Fred Taylor and Tony Boselli were the only Jags with even a shot at getting in the Hall thus far. But Boselli's career just wasn't long enough.

jakncoke

Banned
No, because he was an elite player who was the best player at his position for close to a decade. Dawkins also played a position that was traditionally overlooked until he came into the league. Dawkins was a force of skill and intimidation on the field.

Don't just look at the performance of the team. Dawkins was a Hall of Fame player who paved the way for other safeties who followed like Ed Reed and Troy.

Thats what im saying, Dawkins gets in on his own merit. Not because the Eagles made 5 nfc title games, if they didnt have HOF talent on any of the rosters then they wouldnt/shouldnt get a HOF player is what im saying.

JABEE

it would be an injustice if he didnt

he owned peyton
He had the other team's gameplan and practice tape. No wonder Peyton "choked" so many times against the Patriots. For some reason, he was unable to overcome their defense. Peyton could no longer take advantage of other teams with his superior intellect.

zychi

Banned
I wish the Panthers had a guy with a chance to get in the Hall.

Gross ain't getting in, Smitty is super borderline (even with the played with bad QBs in his prime bonus credit), Kasay not a chance in hell.

Guys like Cam and Kuechly are far too young to project their chances.

Peppers?

JABEE

Thats what im saying, Dawkins gets in on his own merit. Not because the Eagles made 5 nfc title games, if they didnt have HOF talent on any of the rosters then they wouldnt/shouldnt get a HOF player is what im saying.
Dawkins is the only player on those teams that deserves to make the Hall of Fame. Terrell Owens too, but he only played one and half seasons with the Eagles.

Bread

Banned
He had the other team's gameplan and practice tape. No wonder Peyton "choked" so many times against the Patriots. For some reason, he was unable to overcome their defense. Peyton could no longer take advantage of other teams with his superior intellect.
cry me a river build a bridge and go back to your empty trophy case you fuck

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Yo fv, give me something to watch this evening please. Any camp phenoms or tight battles? If you're lurking, LJ, same question.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
BuJSRB-CUAA-zsu.jpg

Wrap it up, the season is over.

zychi

Banned
I never understood the "he had the film for the other team" bogus argument.

College and pro football teams exchange film. The NFL is one big recording studio for film.

I hate the Pats as much as the next guy, but "spygate' was only an issue because they supposedly filmed hand signals, not the other team's plays.

The Seahawks won the Super Bowl because Peyton was too lazy to change his hand signals 18+ games into the season. Anyone with access to the "coaches film" on Nfl.com could have picked that up.

College and pro football teams exchange film. The NFL is one big recording studio for film.

I hate the Pats as much as the next guy, but "spygate' was only an issue because they supposedly filmed hand signals, not the other team's plays.

The Seahawks won the Super Bowl because Peyton was too lazy to change his hand signals 18+ games into the season. Anyone with access to the "coaches film" on Nfl.com could have picked that up.

There is no place for your reason here.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
The coaches film isn't focused on the coaches nor do teams use hand signals anymore. And taping the walk through is far more egregious as it gives you the other teams game plan.

They cheated and got a competitive advantage. Spin it how you will from there.

zychi

Banned
The Pats will never be allowed to let this die due to one fact of the case leading to a question that will never be answered: why did Goodell decide the tapes needed to be burned?

Digital media doesn't get burned. It's sitting somewhere waiting to be released when the Pats franchise falls on hard times in 2100

JABEE

I'm talking about it all. They cheated and were caught. Goodell burned the evidence. I'm not talking about 38 year old Peyton having a shit game.

Yo fv, give me something to watch this evening please. Any camp phenoms or tight battles? If you're lurking, LJ, same question.
Yeah anything from anyone?!
I guess rookie Andre brown on the giants
And Bryce Brown on the bills since spiller and Jackson seem to get knicked up a bit.
Also looking at how the Bills D looks in general
Excited to see the legend of Thaddeus Lewis return tonight.
TL9!

MechDX

Matt Miller ‏@nfldraftscout · 2m
Remember, Bill Belichick advised the Falcons to not trade for Julio Jones and instead draft Jon Baldwin.

Is this correct?

Osama Bin Laden his corpse has never been shown.

Osama is still alive.

Take Osama, change the s with a b = Obama

Al Quada is in charge of the White House

Top Bottom