• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp 2014 |OT| - This is our year!

Bread

Banned
Milana was in House of Lies

Look at her ass

milana-vayntrub-house-of-lies.gif

Yes, I agree with FMT, I'd eat her butt.
that pic does not do her ass or curves justice, what an unfortunate picture.

Touchdown

Banned
Watching some of the induction speeches today and wondering if Dawk will make it or not. For the past few years I thought he was on the fringe but probably out because he didn't have a ring and he didn't have the national profile.

But now you look at some of the guys getting in, that I think are pretty fringe and Dawk is looking better. Aeneas Williams? Really? I mean he was really good but he's closer to Eric Allen than Dawkins. if he's in, then I guess Revis and Sherman and Peterson are already locks.

Derrick Brooks? Really good, lots of similarities to Dawk, but didn't think he was elite like say Reggie or Ray Lewis. The only difference between him and Dawk is a ring. If he's in, shouldn't Dawk be?

Ed Reed was a great WR but the Bills now have what 4 guys from a team who lost 4 SBs. Shouldn't a team that made 5 NFCc's have ONE HOFer?

Then you look back a few years, Warren Sapp is in. Cortez Kennedy is in. John Randle is in. Dawk isn't more impactful than those guys? Only one with a ring is Sapp and in my view, he's only in cause he had a big mouth so had a big reputation.

So now I look at the guys who are getting in and I'm starting to think Dawk should be a lock. Probably not first ballot but sometime after a few years he's got to get doesn't he?

One more thing, here's the NFL all 2000 decade 1st team D:

Freeney Strahan (HOF) Sapp (HOF) Seymour Brooks (HOF) Ray Lewis Urlacher Bailey Woodson Dawk Ed Reed.

All three who are eligible are in the HOF. Obviously Lewis is a lock. Urlacher Woodson & Reed all seem likely to me. The others are maybes but I would put Dawk ahead of them for sure and arguably in that Urlacher Woodson Reed level. Oh, and 8 of the 11 90s all decade D are in (plus 4 of the 2nd team). So that seems pretty good evidence for Dawk.

RBH

The NFL planted "Thank You Roger" signs at the NFL Hall of Fame ceremony

I was at the Hall of Fame enshrinement tonight. Shortly after we sat down people from the NFL came up to the family in front of us who had 2 small children (all wearing ray guy tshirt jerseys) and gave them signs. They said “hold these up and you will be on prime time tv.” The dad stole the show. But nonetheless, Roger trying to gain a little good will via children?
http://www.barstoolsports.com/chica...d-at-the-nfl-hall-of-fame-induction-ceremony/

Screen-Shot-2014-08-03-at-2.48.39-PM1-480x591.png

zychi

Banned
Watching some of the induction speeches today and wondering if Dawk will make it or not. For the past few years I thought he was on the fringe but probably out because he didn't have a ring and he didn't have the national profile.

But now you look at some of the guys getting in, that I think are pretty fringe and Dawk is looking better. Aeneas Williams? Really? I mean he was really good but he's closer to Eric Allen than Dawkins. if he's in, then I guess Revis and Sherman and Peterson are already locks.

Derrick Brooks? Really good, lots of similarities to Dawk, but didn't think he was elite like say Reggie or Ray Lewis. The only difference between him and Dawk is a ring. If he's in, shouldn't Dawk be?

Ed Reed was a great WR but the Bills now have what 4 guys from a team who lost 4 SBs. Shouldn't a team that made 5 NFCc's have ONE HOFer?

Then you look back a few years, Warren Sapp is in. Cortez Kennedy is in. John Randle is in. Dawk isn't more impactful than those guys? Only one with a ring is Sapp and in my view, he's only in cause he had a big mouth so had a big reputation.

So now I look at the guys who are getting in and I'm starting to think Dawk should be a lock. Probably not first ballot but sometime after a few years he's got to get doesn't he?

Freeney Strahan (HOF) Sapp (HOF) Seymour Brooks (HOF) Ray Lewis Urlacher Bailey Woodson Dawk Ed Reed.

All three who are eligible are in the HOF. Obviously Lewis is a lock. Urlacher Woodson & Reed all seem likely to me. The others are maybes but I would put Dawk ahead of them for sure and arguably in that Urlacher Woodson Reed level. Oh, and 8 of the 11 90s all decade D are in (plus 4 of the 2nd team). So that seems pretty good evidence for Dawk.

Sapp, Dbrooks have DPOTY and Super Bowl rings.

The Bills players getting put in is just the NFL trying to find a good Bills player not named OJ or Bruce Smith to put in.

Lach will get in just on the fact that he was the heart of a Super Bowl losing defense, with a shit offensive side (See Ray Lewis, but he won twice) plus hes a DPOTY.

Woodson is one of the best corners of all time.
Ed Reed has a DPOTY award, on some of the best defensive teams in recent memory.

Dawk has a long list of guys to get through before he even has a chance.

I bet Coldplay thinks Natalie Dormer is hot now.
She's always hot, so I would hope so!
I remember when that girl from a Taco Bell commercial a few years ago was all the rage.

Also her:
post-7737-stop-girl-gif-imgur-reddit-d8yS.gif

I love this .gif but after seeing what she looks like now.... =(

Sometimes in life there are things you rather not know/see.
I would like to see both of these images. For science.
Have to win the science fair this year

JABEE

Dawkins is a hall of famer. He should have no trouble getting inducted in 2017. Dawkins and Reed are the big guys. Dawkins was the best at his position for a long time.

I love Dawkins but come on, Aeneas Williams was great and if you're going to say that Brooks wasn't elite or that Sapp is only in because he has a big mouth then you done lost your damn mind.

Loving TLOU remastered so far. Ellie kinda grates, she swears more than any other character in the game. I'd praise ND for writing prototypical teenagers effectively if I didn't loathe that age group so much. Decided to share that here instead of the OT so as to escape CreepyGAF's wrath over protecting their precious.

That changes quite a bit as the game progresses. They both go through their own character archs by the time the credits roll.

Finished up my first playthrough this afternoon. Fifth overall when I add in the PS3 version. Time to move to Survivor and then go for Grounded after that.

Fox318

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Fox318, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Aerena Clash of Champions -- MB-AFB06823FDE947A7

jakncoke

Banned
Not saying Dawkins doesnt deserve but just because the team made nfc championship games doesnt mean they are obligated to get hall of gamers off the those rosters. Thats just silly logic.

On the football front, two hours until "football"!!

Hakeem Nicks isn't exactly garnering major praise in Indy..

http://www.bigblueview.com/2014/8/3...ng-indianapolis-colts-ny-giants-wide-receiver

Hamilton on Nicks: "Yeah, I don’t know if I can say that I’ve seen enough. I think he is still working to get himself in game shape...

More Hamilton/Nicks: "His talent is well documented and his ability to be a productive receiver in the league is without a doubt something..

And More Hamilton/Nicks: "...that we are not questioning, he's a special talent."

Hamilton in this case being Pep Hamilton, the Colts offensive coordinator. What the hell happened to Hakeem? :(

Super Bowl rings is one of the last things the selection committee looks at when selecting a player to the Hall of Fame. Dawkins definitely is worthy of the HoF.

jakncoke

Banned
Fun fact or not so fun. My hometown team lost to Alliquipa in the state playoffs a game before the state championships in 1988 56-16. My uncle was playing for our team(i dont think he was a starter at the time). Sean Gilbert/Ty Law was on the Quips.

I wish the Panthers had a guy with a chance to get in the Hall.

Gross ain't getting in, Smitty is super borderline (even with the played with bad QBs in his prime bonus credit), Kasay not a chance in hell.

Guys like Cam and Kuechly are far too young to project their chances.

Top Bottom