• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp/Disrespect 2015 |OT| - Building a better quarterback

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdyhybrid

Eating McDonald's breakfast. I can't believe it's still not 24 hours yet.

Edit: Dutch pls

shFzzhV.png

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
I know pre-season, Niners, blah blah blah.....

But this is impressive. Savage showed last night his jump from year one to year two is huge. He isn't ready this year but if he makes another jump next year like this year he will be ready to seriously challenge for that #1 spot.

All 3 QB's last night showed a greater understanding of the offense and how it should be run than Fitz showed in all of the 2014 season when we went 9-7. The defense has gotten better (secondary is crazy deep) and if the offense can produce.....man.
Quarterback spot has improved over Fitz. Savage especially, he was abysmal last year.

Damn they still haven't pulled the plug on the Trent Truck experience.

I didn't say Tebow was on Watt's level skill-wise, nor did I say he's actually any good period.

But that has nothing to do with the fact that for a guy who claims to be old-fashioned, humble, selfless, all about hard work and the team, JJ Watt is one of the most "look at ME!!!" players in the league.

LOOK AT ME JUMPING OVER A BOX BECAUSE I WORK SO HARD FOR THE TEAM - ok?
LOOK AT ME PUSH OVER A TIRE BECAUSE I WORK SO HARD FOR THE TEAM - He has no control what Hard Knocks puts on the show.
LOOK AT ME CATCH FOOTBALLS IN THE DARK BECAUSE I WORK SO HARD FOR THE TEAM - By all accounts he does this whether the cameras (Specifically hard knocks) are there are not. Not his fault Hard Knocks decided to put a montage of him. He has no control over what they put in the show.
LOOK AT THIS SCAR I GOT WORKING SO HARD FOR THE TEAM - someone asked him about it didn't they? Yea

As if he's the only dude in this league busting his ass to make himself better at his craft

JJ Watt is one of the biggest players in the league because of his play on the field. Of course there are going to be cameras following him. Seems like to you, doesn't matter what he does. You're one of the biggest players in the league, but fuck you for staying till every last autograph is signed because theres cameras there. Except that some people I used to work with went to training camp and say he stays to sign autographs for everyone, last player off the field. But fuck him cause he did it while cameras around. Get over yourself man.

gutshot

Watched most of the first half of the Eagles game yesterday and saw highlights from the second half. (Ain't no one got time to watch a full game of preseason football.)

-I really like what I'm seeing from our young wideouts. Agholor needs to clean up his drops, but his explosiveness was apparent yesterday. Matthews is going to catch a ton of balls. Huff should hopefully get some more looks. Austin and Cooper provide some decent veteran depth. We just need a competent QB throwing to this group and the sky is the limit.

-Offensive line didn't seem to be too affected by the loss of Herremans and Mathis. Peters is a beast out there. Kelce is still the best center in the league. Gardner played well and seems to have the inside track on being the day one starter.

-Bennie Logan was dominant yesterday. Our D-line is one of the strengths of this team.

-I played close attention to Brandon Graham on one defensive series and he looked fairly comfortable at the OLB spot. Stunted inside on one play to blow up a run, followed the RB to the flat on the next play and the pass went his way but Graham dropped him as soon as he caught it and the play went for next to no gain. Marcus Smith also looked much improved getting involved in the run D, pass rush and covering TEs over the middle.

-The revamped secondary didn't embarrass themselves but I didn't see any stand-out play from them either. Maxwell gave a huge cushion to his man on a 3rd and 5 and Luck tossed it over for an easy first down. On another 3rd down play the Eagles were bailed out by a bad drop from Fleener. Overall, the first-team D still seemed to struggle to make stops on 3rd down. Luck was able to drive on this team, despite the Eagles' ability to control the line of scrimmage.

-The backups played well though. Rowe didn't have the greatest day in coverage but he made up for it with sure tackling and his ability to force fumbles. Reynolds made the most of his opportunity with a couple of INTs.

-Oh look, another special teams TD. Ho-hum. This unit looks to still be the best in the league once again. Parkey's misses are a little worrisome, hopefully that doesn't continue.

Overall, a good performance for the first preseason game. The Eagles had more energy and just looked like the better coached team yesterday. Hopefully that energy carries over to joint practices this week and the preseason game this weekend. Excited, and a little bit nervous, to see Bradford in his first game action in an Eagles uniform.

bionic77

If that motherfucker didn't trademark that shit I am going to do it myself and take it on Shark Tank and get a few million from Mr. Wonderful.

Can a Pats fan please make up some statistics that show America's thirst for booty and pizza individually? I am going to make a convincing case that combining the two is a superhighway to riches and glory when I go on the Tank.

captive

Forgot to say, but I think Hoyer is the starter and the competition is over, if there ever was one. I think this is why Hoyer was brought in, its why he was brought in at a higher salary than Mallet. I don't believe O'Brien that there ever was a competition.

If it was a real competition Hoyer would have played more than like 4 plays. I think they only way Mallet is the start game 1 is if Hoyer is hurt. I would be shocked if he was for any other reason than injury.

bionic77

Who else is finding it hard to wait until the regular season?

Hopefully I am not going to be incredibly disappointed 2 weeks into the season as is the case with most fans.

Who else is finding it hard to wait until the regular season?

Hopefully I am not going to be incredibly disappointed 2 weeks into the season as is the case with most fans.

I'm anxious but at the same time I fully expect the Dolphins to disappoint so I don't know if I want to live through that again :(

MechDX

#TexansCamp ‏@HoustonTexans · 3m3 minutes ago
Clowney: "I felt pretty good. Just happy to be back out here with my teammates. I was very excited to be out here."

#TexansCamp ‏@HoustonTexans · 3m3 minutes ago
Clowney: "There is still a little ways to go but we are headed in the right direction. Take it one day at a time."

Deepi Sidhu ‏@DeepSlant · 2m2 minutes ago
Clowney says he feels great. Will work more tomorrow. Rehab was the hardest thing he's done in his life, he says. #TexansCamp

CMnskDiUYAEscck.jpg:large

Dat front 7

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Negro bump born today. I hope he posts again

What are the rules of a negro bump? Does the topic have to be about something black related or can you just be black and do one? What if a white person attempts a negro bump? How does it differ from a regular bump?

So many questions.

Line_HTX

O'Brien: "I think we have to take it day by day. Don't know when that announcement will be made. They both need to be ready to play."

Preparing for Hoy Hoy announcement after the Saints Preseason game on FOX.

ampere

What are the rules of a negro bump? Does the topic have to be about something black related or can you just be black and do one? What if a white person attempts a negro bump? How does it differ from a regular bump?

So many questions.

The rules are you get banned

So let's get all the Bucs fans to do it

MechDX

Forgot to say, but I think Hoyer is the starter and the competition is over, if there ever was one. I think this is why Hoyer was brought in, its why he was brought in at a higher salary than Mallet. I don't believe O'Brien that there ever was a competition.

If it was a real competition Hoyer would have played more than like 4 plays. I think they only way Mallet is the start game 1 is if Hoyer is hurt. I would be shocked if he was for any other reason than injury.

O'Brien said after the game Hoyer coming out was by design. He scored, he went to the bench. If they didn't score that first series he was going back out. Also said Mallett is starting vs Denver this week

Line_HTX

John McClain ‏@McClain_on_NFL 10m10 minutes ago

Clowney "Its going to be great when I can get back out there and rush the passer. I'm tired of hitting blocking dummies that don't hit back"

Wore no protection on his knee. Good sign at last, I guess.

captive

O'Brien said after the game Hoyer coming out was by design. He scored, he went to the bench. If they didn't score that first series he was going back out. Also said Mallett is starting vs Denver this week

Right, this is what almost every team does with the starter of their team. If it were a real competition Hoyer would have played more. Right now I think Hoyer is the starter and Mallet essentially cant do anything to get the position unless Hoyer is downright awful. Yes Mallet is starting next week. But think about it, Hoyer starts this game, Mallet starts next, then week 3 the game where the starters play the most, Hoyer is on pace to start that one. Also if it were a competition they would have thrown more at the one yard line, to see if Mallet could get it in with his arm. Instead they run it six freaking times and throw it once then kick the field goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom